Her Guardian [Wallpaper]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 hour ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I dont like it. There are too many clashing styles and it looks over edited. Also the girl doesnt look the same. Why are her eyes so low? 

but the amount of effort he put in why did you dislike?

35 minutes ago, Juno said:

Recreate or inspired by? Your image has similarities but in the end, it is very different.

I'd definitely classify this under a based on relationship.

3 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

I dont like it. There are too many clashing styles and it looks over edited. Also the girl doesnt look the same. Why are her eyes so low? 

That's actually a very fair point. There's edited cloth alongside pixelated cloth, and the shield looks plain next to the details on the knight's helmet.

Still don't think it was worth a Dislike though, but this is Skibbz we're talking about here.  :sweat:

4 hours ago, WAZZL3 said:

It's nice. Buuuuut:rolleyes: the hair is not blue.

You what.

The x32 textures mixing with the x16 textures on the knight and the princess look really odd to me;

Also, sky bloom; [cue funny anime sky joke]

EDIT: i just noticed that the people in the background have no face. Why?

Edited by willingsas

A faithful recreation of one of my favorite whiteknight wallpapers. Though it's got some issues:

• There's some wierd SSAO and shadow stuff going on with the shield. Got rectangles instead. Try upping the sunlight range
  • Poses are a bit inaccurate. The knight's left arm isn't more forward, but sticks out. His shield is in the wrong orientation. The princesses' arm doesn't appear to make full contact
  • FOV need to be modified. Yeah, it needs to properly convey the scene. Having the ground visible
  • The eyes, as mentioned, are a bit too low. I figured this was from the facial rig (since the eyes lower, which isn't really something that eyes don't do. Try to focus the eyes closing more on the center of their original position, since they don't follow rules for human eyes.

And lastly.. uh.. that cape.That dress.. with those shoes? They clash far too much with a minecraft style. I know it's been said a lot, but don't use realistic capes or whatnot to save time. A wallpaper should stay consistent with it's scene. My assumption is that a decision like that must have been done to save time. Detail is key here.

That said, I really like that most of the scene is in tact here. I would really like this more, but these things just irk me. I can't in good will love it with these glaring flaws. Please keep what I say as friendly criticism, and not me bagging on your wallpaper.