The Unwritten Rules of the Mineimator Forums

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

51 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

btw I disagree with many of these

but they're actually true and you can't deny it!

if you don't post any pictures in a rig topic, nobody will like it until a picture is shown and the rig is judged. no exceptions.

Content Related:

• Use the latest edition. It's always better, no exceptions.
  • You are here for Mine-imator first, the community second. If that's not why you are here, then you have no reason to be here. Even if you intend on staying, keep that in mind: this program is why the forums were made in the first place.
  • When making an animation, avoid using yourself as the actor. These are how OCs (Original Characters) get started, and it will make it harder for the video to be original.
    • (Not really a rule, just a suggestion)
  • Don't build hype, build a following. Don't make a fanbase, make an audience. Don't make a short, make a scene.

Moderator Related:

• Respect your mods, or you most likely won't be given any mercy for future punishments
    • Not all mods are the same. Just because one mod is lenient does not mean the other one is. Don't expect a pass from every mod for a small mistake.
  • Even if you think you are winning an argument, you should stop what you are doing and address the situation if mods are involved.
  • While Philosophers are previous chat mods/moderators: They can offer advice on how the system works, they can't police the forums. They are just like any other member.
    • Your Philosopher rank is only a representation of your retired duties. You should only mini-mod is deemed absolutely necessary, but never take advantage of that especially if the mods tell you to stop.

Status/Chatroom related:
1.) You do not roleplay in the chat.

2.) You do NOT roleplay in the chat.

3.) Remember the 4 forbidden acronym: RAPE

• Religion
  • Abortion
  • Politics
  • Economics

It's fine to have these brought in a late discussion, but they make terrible icebreakers. If you wouldn't say it to someone you like, it's probably worse to someone you don't know. No matter your stance on the issues, it's safer to just not deal with the headaches involved.

4.) Statuses are strictly for baiting idiots into arguments and talking about pointless things. If you have something reasonable and meaning to post, take it somewhere else.

5.) Your Cards Against Humanity games better be pretty damn good, or nobody will play.

Replacements:

1.) Replace these four rules:

1. One may only post fnoof content if it brings something new to the table, or is very well done
  2. Copying REALITY's fight scene will be downvoted, no exceptions.
  3. Monster school will be downvoted so hard you will never recover, no exceptions.
  4. Put effort into things, don't post something just because "i wanted to post something but im lazy, lol"

With:

• Make your works a bit more distinguishable and original as well as interesting. If it can't stand on it's own, it's not worth sitting down for either. (This includes FNAF, Monster School, Frame-by-frame copies, etc.)
    • Parodies are usually ok, but only as fan-works, nothing more.

Reasoning: This one rule pretty much summarizes it well. It tells users to make their work original, and to make it with effort.

2.) Replace this rule:

• Don't try to host a collab if you're a newbie, or else no one will join.

to

• Don't try to host a collab if you're a newbie, or else no one will join.

Reasoning: The community doesn't have enough active animators to even host a meaningful collab. It's all chat and no work here (myself included) so it's not even worth attempting now as it was 6 months ago.

Suggestion:

Content Related:

• Dont ever post your first Mineimator-related content on the forums, actually take the time to experiment with different transitions and styles before sharing them on the forums

19 hours ago, Caeden117 said:

Suggestion:

Content Related:

• Dont ever post your first Mineimator-related content on the forums, actually take the time to experiment with different transitions and styles before sharing them on the forums

and if you're a rigger? you would need to show your content to get feedback on it

On 12/16/2016 at 6:03 PM, Mike said:

Content Related:

• Overuse of any special effect will be downvoted, no exceptions.

Looking back, I think I got all of my rep from overedited wallpapers. I guess I'm an exception.