My discussion about DEMO 5 and Full 1.0.0 [Vote]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Results  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which Update of Mine-Imator do you prefer?

• You and others choose DEMO 5.
    • You and others choose Full 1.0.0.

Attention! : Do NOT making a fight on this topic.

So now, I want you to discuss about DEMO 5 and Full 1.0.0 (1.0.2). I have used all Version of Mine-Imator.

DEMO 5: I think it way better at shadow and it nor errors or glitches. Except alpha and 'Out of memory' cause of too many resources. I can put a lot of resources. Shadow is better. And it can handle 4K Wallpaper. Enable shadow not result in "rendering in a seconds" and it not error or any glitch. Even more easy to use. Sound, I can put it in Sony Vegas (I don't mean that I don't want 'Sound' in future of Mine-Imator). In summary, "In my opinion, David is making more even worse in Full 1.0.0, Shadow, Bugs and so many many errors. In DEMO 5, I can put so many rigs, characters, scenery, point lights and spot lights. No any errors except 'Out of Memory' if I put too many DoF, fog or other resources. But, in Full 1.0.0, I put 1 scenery, 1 rig, 1 item, 1 character and 1 spot light. I try to enable shadow for editing spot light but it result in error and shut down automatic. And about shadow in Full 1.0.0 is way WORSE (I didn't say it's the worst) because once I enable shadow, there so many glitch. So, DEMO 5 is better at shadow. And everything than Full 1.0.0"

Full 1.0.0: So many many many errors / glitches / bugs encounters (of my computer only). I can't do anything in Full 1.0.0. I enable shadow, errors and shut down automatic. I only touch Mine-Imator, it results in errors. Once open again, message to report on this topic. Once report, nor replying. I don't know now, what David is doing. Fix the problems? Play Games? Or other things that NOT involve about Mine-Imator Full 1.0.0. This update is the most encounters problems ever of Mine-Imator company. Also, if I'm the only one who encounter this problems, against me. I will against you. Shadow is even worse. Light, Spot light. "I'm not gonna judge it at stuffs. NOW I judge at 'Most encounters Bugs / Glitches / Errors problems' and it results: Full 1.0.0"

Easy summary: Most encounters problems: Full 1.0.0 

Easy-to-use: DEMO 5 

More stuff for grab: Full 1.0.0

Results: 98.5% / 1.5% (Full 1.0.0 / DEMO 5)

Edited by Phupha
Results are in! And... Pretend for getting David mad and serious. ;-;

icon-Blender.png: Lmao

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg: Do you have a problem?

icon-Blender.png: I'm sorry, it's just ironic seeing people complain about you, a program that has made a lot of things.

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg: Damn, he's right. Shouldn't be arguing like that, really damages the community.

26 minutes ago, The Tan James said:

If you must know. The Most Stable version of MI is 0.6.2

This is true.

In my opinion, 1.0.0 has a lot more potential to make more and more things, and everyone is measuring it too harshly.

It renders differently and all of the bad things are just things that David hasn't yet fixed. Crashes? They'll be fixed. Shadow Issues? They'll be fixed.
As for improvements, you must look at the positive. Although there are a lot of bugs with 1.0.0, there's also ambient occlusion, which helps makes things look tons better, Render Depth settings, which INCREDIBLY help riggers, a sound timeline, which incredibly helps ANYONE who tries to sync music or sounds to an animation. What's been happening is: David has been helping the community. He's offered so many improvements and all that you look at are the crashes, errors, and bugs. In some ways, shadows look better in Demo 5, but in many ways, lighting and other things have been improved with just the simple addition of AO.

What I'm trying to say here is to be patient. David will fix the bright rendering problem. He'll fix all of these pesky crashes. What he needs least is people saying that his tons of hard work was for nothing.

I gotta say there are elements of both that I prefer. The lighting settings were nicer in Demo 5, since you could get crisp shadows, and light colors were more vibrant. The AO and fog height make up for this, though I do wish I could get my crisp shadows back. However, lights shining through parented objects (bug?) is nice, and it makes it easier to add lights.

The sound is the best part of the program. It makes lip-syncing and placing sounds in the right position so much easier, and it ends up way better than adding sounds after the fact.

As far as schematics go, I can now load worlds that didn't work properly in MI as they were made in 1.8, and I can load schematics upwards of 2000x2000x200 blocks and still render a video. The problem is lighting, and how the sunlight can't reach that far without causing weird shadows.

As far as the interface goes, the changes threw me off at first, but in my opinion they are now way easier and more intuitive to use. Rigging has become easier, as the duplicate and save functions are now right there on the timeline, and the flat design does make the program look sleek, which I like.

1.0.2 crashes a lot, so that's a concern. I had to reinstall 1.0.1, but I think 1.0.2 was mostly small bug fixes, so it's not a big deal.

And of course, the lack of the instances tab in both is a problem. I want my checkmarks!

In conclusion, 1.0.0 is better in a lot of ways, but some things in it could take a lesson from the previous versions (Especially the checkmarks! Come on already!)

-----

Edit: Here are some changes I do recommend:

-Add the checkmarks (duh)

-Re-add the shadow quality bar. We only have size and blur quality.

-Sounds with pitch change and positional sounds

-Items and particle creators affected by wind (because my grass particles would look so nice)

Edited by KicksBrickster

6 minutes ago, KicksBrickster said:

I gotta say there are elements of both that I prefer. The lighting settings were nicer in Demo 5, since you could get crisp shadows, and light colors were more vibrant. The AO and fog height make up for this, though I do wish I could get my crisp shadows back. However, lights shining through parented objects (bug?) is nice, and it makes it easier to add lights.

The sound is the best part of the program. It makes lip-syncing and placing sounds in the right position so much easier, and it ends up way better than adding sounds after the fact.

As far as schematics go, I can now load worlds that didn't work properly in MI as they were made in 1.8, and I can load schematics upwards of 2000x2000x200 blocks and still render a video. The problem is lighting, and how the sunlight can't reach that far without causing weird shadows.

As far as the interface goes, the changes threw me off at first, but in my opinion they are now way easier and more intuitive to use. Rigging has become easier, as the duplicate and save functions are now right there on the timeline, and the flat design does make the program look sleek, which I like.

1.0.2 crashes a lot, so that's a concern. I had to reinstall 1.0.1, but I think 1.0.2 was mostly small bug fixes, so it's not a big deal.

And of course, the lack of the instances tab in both is a problem. I want my checkmarks!

In conclusion, 1.0.0 is better in a lot of ways, but some things in it could take a lesson from the previous versions (Especially the checkmarks! Come on already!)

-----

Edit: Here are some changes I do recommend:

-Add the checkmarks (duh)

-Re-add the shadow quality bar. We only have size and blur quality.

-Sounds with pitch change and positional sounds

-Items and particle creators affected by wind (because my grass particles would look so nice)

And that! What I try to explain. Thanks! @KicksBrickster

I use 1.0.0 Full (not 1.0.1 or .2) and I've never had any issues. Shadows are the same as usual. With the added bonus of SSAO and audio which is nice.

Though leaving the render port on does cause it to run out of memory. I haven't seen whether or not 1.0.0 Full has higher than 4K resolution surfaces and how well optimized they are compared to DEMO 5. Haven't touched particles yet. The new UV mapping thing I've heard people talk about sounds good as well.

Could you render transparent backgrounds in DEMO5? Because that feature is soooooo helpful.

So all in all I'm going to vote with 1.0.0 Full

9 hours ago, Phupha said:

I don't know now, what David is doing. Fix the problems? Play Games? Or other things that NOT involve about Mine-Imator Full 1.0.0.

Seriously? :facepalm:

Most of the issues reported are due to GameMaker's unstable compiler and environment. The crashes usually have nothing to do with my code (which has been tested to work perfectly on countless machines). I'm currently trying to compile the codebase in different GameMaker versions, I can't go all the way back to Demo 5's version however, since that would break several shader features including AO.

This is why this project is so frustrating. I need a break from coding... :mobskeleton:

So far I think animating in Demo 5 is easier (Mainly just because I know how to work it). I did the same when I moved from 0.7 to 1.0.0 - It took time to adjust.
Like Tan said, Demo 1 was unstable. David is already working on 1.0.1, 1.0.2 and so on.

1.0.0 has so many greater features, and I really think shading comes down to a matter of opinion.

58 minutes ago, David said:

Seriously? :facepalm:

Most of the issues reported are due to GameMaker's unstable compiler and environment. The crashes usually have nothing to do with my code (which has been tested to work perfectly on countless machines). I'm currently trying to compile the codebase in different GameMaker versions, I can't go all the way back to Demo 5's version however, since that would break several shader features including AO.

This is why this project is so frustrating. I need a break from coding... :mobskeleton:

lol pls dont mad bro ;-;

Also, I know you working hard so I don't really that serious. If you kinda serious, so sorry about this. I just... tried to tell that I prefer DEMO 5 than Full 1.0.0. ;-;

icon-Blender.png:  Sooo? Was problems solve?

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:  It's not my fault.

icon-Blender.png:  Wait. Why? You ran program yourself.

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:  I'm made of game maker.

icon-Blender.png:  But you aren't running your program by game maker. Lmao

icon-Blender.png:  So, it's your fault.

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:  Nobody who make a mistake is anyone's fault. We all been together and it went mistake but we owe it to them to try to make the best of this!

icon-Blender.png:   Aug- *Stunn* Seriously, spoiler?

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:   But I still blamed game maker because he broke the code that David making for me to running.

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:   What do you mean? Spoiler?

icon-Blender.png:   That's The Walking Dead, Clementine quoted. You spoil, dank it.

ulaha1x18rj4n3ozg.jpg:   Aug- *Stunn (x2)* k.

Credit to @Heavenira for MI and Blender conversation and David for info.