Giant Snowy Mountain [4k]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

4 minutes ago, MineRocker Animations said:

Well.. If it makes you feel better.. I feel like the blur in the distance is a bit too much.. it hides away the clouds which would look better if they were a bit more visible.

.. there you go! Happy now? xD

Happy as a meal.. even though those meals just make you obese, not happy.

3 minutes ago, Emanatronic said:

I love how you personalized the heights of the blocks on that peak. You even placed snow on the Dummy.

The scene is great, well-proportioned, and overall I really feel like I'm there.  :3

But you're looking for hardcore critique, so I'll call in the harshest guy I know: @SDWAN.  :D 

Thanks.. now tell me something you dont quite like/could be better about it. Remember.. I don't use aftereffects or photoshop.

Just now, Skjold said:

Thanks.. now tell me something you dont quite like/could be better about it. Remember.. I don't use aftereffects or photoshop.

Well... The normal-sized block clipping through the dummy to signify partial burial could have smaller cube particles around the area of clipping so it looks more professional.  :D 

Edited by Emanatronic

Let me just put up a verdict over here before I do anything : 8.5/10

Pros

+Nice amount of detail

+the use of your dummy rig because it really hasn't been used in that much stuff other than previews

+the edited snow particles blends in decently( it's not the best, but decent)

Cons

-The way the focused part blends with the background is shifting the perspective

- Why u gotta be slappin your watermark in that spot

-Edit the ssao to match the scene, because the way it looks there is a little meh

-You gotta edit the background properties abit man

1 minute ago, KindZax said:

is there a unedited version?

No. The edit is part of the original intention of the image so giving an unedited version would be like hanging a half painting onto the wall - ugly

Just now, ViniciusbrMaster said:

what....feedback is likes right? why i get warning point when i want likes?

@Frossa....?

Feedback is criticism, not likes.

Well, my one criticism is that the dummy's immersion into the snow is a bit off, and I'm saying this as someone who has been fully immersed in snow before (Newfie winters <3).

So maybe try to make it look like there was some sort of struggle, or just something more dynamic, you don't just.... sit.

4 minutes ago, SDWAN said:

- Why u gotta be slappin your watermark in that spot

-You gotta edit the background properties abit man

Please, do tell me more. Go into detail.

-I put my watermark there so people cant just crop it out or easily paint over it.

-What do you mean by editing the background properties? Explain.

Edited by Skjold

22 minutes ago, ViniciusbrMaster said:

what....feedback is likes right? why i get warning point when i want likes?

@Frossa....?

This is why i'm saying you need to work on your english.

LOOK UP THE WORD BEFORE MAKING A STUPID COMMENT ABOUT IT.

Just now, SDWAN said:

Scrub boi

-snip-

Oh, Have I fiddled around with those for a while.. If you look closely, the fog is actually raised all the way up to the brim of the mountain. And I disabled clouds and stuff. So I'd say I've went as far as you can without turning into a @Keep on Chucking.

12 minutes ago, Skjold said:

This is why i'm saying you need to work on your english.

LOOK UP THE WORD BEFORE MAKING A STUPID COMMENT ABOUT IT.

Oh, Have I fiddled around with those for a while.. If you look closely, the fog is actually raised all the way up to the brim of the mountain. And I disabled clouds and stuff. So I'd say I've went as far as you can without turning into a @Keep on Chucking.

Its alright if you don't want to be Yuri's pet. don't complain about it. EMBRACE IT