Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

22 minutes ago, abdmouidegordon said:

hello david , pls added mine-imator for android and ios 

and thx 

Mineimator uses Directx to render everything so an android/ios port would be hopeless. Hopefully my understanding of MI is right.

Due to GameMaker's limitations, it would be near impossible or just plain impossible to port it to iPhone or iOS.

Even if he manages to do that, the specs on the phones will not allow Mine-imator to surpass even 10 FPS (My guess) on non-High Quality mode. They're just not capable of running that.

And even then, if Apple did accept Mine-imator, Mine-imator DOES get ported to iOS, it would also be near impossible to code the thing, as Mine-imator is dependant on .ddl files, which are Windows only.

And yes, what @GbStudio said, Mine-imator also runs on DirectX to render, which is also Windows only.

So yes, it would be pretty much impossible to recode Mine-imator from scratch and re-create every line of code out of the 30k+ lines only to have Mine-imator not go higher than 10FPS on non-high quality mode, and the rendering sizes of usual rendered Mine-imator animations are HUGE, taking up 1/256 to 1/8 of the phone's ENTIRE STORAGE (Not counting any additional SDCard or USB slots).

So yea I'll be sticking with using TeamViewer on iOS to access my computer and do it from there, thank you very much.

2 hours ago, Caeden117 said:

Due to GameMaker's limitations, it would be near impossible or just plain impossible to port it to iPhone or iOS.

Even if he manages to do that, the specs on the phones will not allow Mine-imator to surpass even 10 FPS (My guess) on non-High Quality mode. They're just not capable of running that.

And even then, if Apple did accept Mine-imator, Mine-imator DOES get ported to iOS, it would also be near impossible to code the thing, as Mine-imator is dependant on .ddl files, which are Windows only.

And yes, what @GbStudio said, Mine-imator also runs on DirectX to render, which is also Windows only.

So yes, it would be pretty much impossible to recode Mine-imator from scratch and re-create every line of code out of the 30k+ lines only to have Mine-imator not go higher than 10FPS on non-high quality mode, and the rendering sizes of usual rendered Mine-imator animations are HUGE, taking up 1/256 to 1/8 of the phone's ENTIRE STORAGE (Not counting any additional SDCard or USB slots).

So yea I'll be sticking with using TeamViewer on iOS to access my computer and do it from there, thank you very much.

3 hours ago, GbStudio said:

Mineimator uses Directx to render everything so an android/ios port would be hopeless. Hopefully my understanding of MI is right.

what if you don't have your own computer and then you're stuck with your dad's mac?

21 minutes ago, CKGirl01 said:

what if you don't have your own computer and then you're stuck with your dad's mac?

You can use a virtual machine like wine.

Edited by GbStudio

2 hours ago, CKGirl01 said:

Mine-imator is not supposed to work for Mac, but some people find ways to do it. Look up a tutorial or something because I couldn't tell you.

Also, I feel ya. Stuck with my mom's Windows.