March of the Templars [Wallpaper]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

1 minute ago, NietyFox said:

This is actually pretty nice. Rigging was great. and well, it was great. that's it.

What was the estimated time of finishing this? Also the templar on the left of the character in the middle seems to look like the top of his head isn't color to his hair.

I'd estimate around 7 hours for the rigging and the wallpaper making in total.

I made a mistake with the texturing for the head parts, you see the gray parts on the head were suppose to be chain mail, I'll re-texture that before releasing this rig. I also think people are just going to drag n' drop their head onto this model than use the head presets anyways.

3 minutes ago, Kylebirch said:

how did you rig those items like that. i use item sheets but item sheets only use one size. but when i saw you do the sword it was all different sizes?

What do you mean? The resolution of my item sheets?

39 minutes ago, Kylebirch said:

yes exactly but how are they seperated

I make the design of it first, then I break it apart according to what I want to be extruded.

I have an archived livestream of me making a weapon if this helps.

27 minutes ago, CatOnCaffeine said:

Looks like you really like that setup for wallpapers. It looks strikingly similar to this one

-snip-

Still very well done though!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing after reviewing it, haha!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, SKIBBZ said:

I make the design of it first, then I break it apart according to what I want to be extruded.

I have an archived livestream of me making a weapon if this helps.

i meant like, when you piece it together, how do you make them seperate pieces

6 minutes ago, Kylebirch said:

i meant like, when you piece it together, how do you make them seperate pieces

If you watch the part of the livestream I linked, you'll see I use an item sheet to piece them together. Take a look at this item sheet for my Templar rig, you'll see how each piece is it's own item like you'd see in the default Minecraft item sheet.

Fbw0OFz.png

1 minute ago, SKIBBZ said:

If you watch the part of the livestream I linked, you'll see I use an item sheet to piece them together. Take a look at this item sheet for my Templar rig, you'll see how each piece is it's own item like you'd see in the default Minecraft item sheet.

Fbw0OFz.png

oh ok. i used item sheets aswell but the way i saw you do it, it looked different

2 hours ago, Kylebirch said:

yes exactly but how are they seperated

The bigger the item frame is, the more space you have in each frame!! so just double the size of the normal item frame and each frame will be double the size. ;)