R E A L I T Y - Concept 4 [TEASER]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

10 hours ago, SDWAN said:

Not hating James' thing here by the way...

Oh I'm so very glad. :D

The story is sort of abstract and unexplained so that people can come up with what they want about the storyline.

Killu is the red guy, and he's James' evil side. He kinda takes over and starts attacking James' friends.

Prior to the series, James got dumped.

You make what you want of that xD

1 hour ago, tditdatdwt said:

Ugh another weird "metaphorical allegoric abstract serious" series, and concept? Is that like what you call the episodes? Or are these literally concepts :'| because making 4 concepts for.. a series.. or whatever "R E A L I T Y" is, seems pointless. But what I really have to ask is.. why the hell are all your animations in the flatlands? Does no one notice this?

It's cuz, you see, it's his mind. That's why it's flatlands. Also yes, concept is a fancy word for episode, each of these are like 7 minutes long.

I don't know what I missed in the pages before, but:

1. Abstract things are abstract. Up for interpretation.

2. Not all people understand abstract concepts. That's cool. A lot of people don't.

3. You can not use the word, however, to mask bad content. I don't think this is happening here, but it is still something I feel needs to be said.

4. Abstract things are better with story, in my eyes. Story can be abstract, symbolic.

5. Past experiences can often be represented through abstract art (I know where you are coming from, James), but it should be kept in mind that they are not an excuse in any way. Even if a person has gone through a lot, that should not be used as a wall of any kind. Again, I don't think this is happening here, but for example, the comment Skibbz made earlier, while perhaps true, is not a valid point in debate.

(And yes, I *THINK* I know what this is about/based on, judging by my perceptions and knowledge of James. It seems to be quite a personal project, but again, that's not an excuse to deflect criticism or opinions with. :) )

PM me 4 debates, I'll rek u with writer skillz.

/rant over

I'm just going to say i understand alot of people despise this series for its generic characters and confusing story, I honestly could care less if you like it or not. If you like it great, if not then i'm fine with that. I'm not making this for the sake of other people, this is something i'm making for me and the friends of mine who were there to be extrememly supportive during a time where i felt like pure and utter garbage. Also i don't really care if the dream is flatland, it just goes with the story, and it doesn't stay flat forever, more scenery develops on future concepts.

6 hours ago, Keep on Chucking said:

But... I don't see any story or emotional stuff, there's just you who is always sad for some reason, and some other dude joins, and TRIES TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF YOU!

Seriously though, you do upload a lot of teasers... a little too many in my taste.

I'm gonna go now, I dont want to participate in this flamewar.

Yeah you're right i do upload alot of teasers xD I try to cut that down to just one teaser for 1 concept. But i also agree that emotional stuff hasn't been very clear in previous concepts other than the first one. But thats because its hard to explain what emotional stuff i'm going for without directly stating what happened.

The thing is the series touches on a very sensitive topic that made the 3rd one cause someone to think i was trying to kill them which nearly got my entire channel terminated. So i'm trying to do indirect statement so i can somewhat get the story out, but not enough to where i get in trouble. 

6 hours ago, Astro Animations said:

It's cuz, you see, it's his mind. That's why it's flatlands. Also yes, concept is a fancy word for episode, each of these are like 7 minutes long.

How do YOU even know this? Either way.. that's just not a good animation design, it's kind of difficult not to notice the flatlands :'|

And so.. this whole series is "all in his mind" ueggh sigh.. why can't people make normal stuff anymore.. all these OCs with sad backstories suffering from some sort of depression that have crazy magical powers fighting against someone else with crazy magical powers..

6 hours ago, MineRocker Animations said:

This looks great dude! Can't wait to see it. :) 

Also why don't you make titles as "Episodes" instead of Concepts. Is there a weird difference? :D 

The word "Concepts" ties into the story. Its like an ideology in that universe.

14 minutes ago, tditdatdwt said:

How do YOU even know this? Either way.. that's just not a good animation design, it's kind of difficult not to notice the flatlands :'|

And so.. this whole series is "all in his mind" ueggh sigh.. why can't people make normal stuff anymore.. all these OCs with sad backstories suffering from some sort of depression that have crazy magical powers fighting against someone else with crazy magical powers..

(Sorry i had stuff written then chrome crashed ;n;) 

Anyways He knows because i confirmed his theories. 

Also I'd like to state that I understand you see the flatland as an eyesore, which is understandable, its like watching the default walking cycle. And the OC's are generic i'll admit that, But just remember i'm not  really focusing on making it not generic. I really don't care about that because i mean, this is freaking minecraft, everything looks generic.  The game itself is generic. And i could go into technicality about the characters to explain why they have powers in the dream but i won't unless you ask. 

Look i respect your opinion, I understand you find lots of flaws in it, but truth there isn't any other way to really explain this story with out embracing generic stuff. 

and as i said before I'm making this series for me, my friends, and my family to show how much they helped me. 

Edited by The Tan James
woops

5 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

your basically asking why people make fake interesting characters, the answer is obvious m8 

On 2016-03-23 at 2:47 AM, SKIBBZ said:

Jesus, Skjold. Just be quiet. I am sick and tired of these kind of comments from you.

Edit: The guy already goes through enough, lay off of him. Please. 

James I like your story but it's confusing for sure... I don't care much about that part, I am watching cause of your INCREDIBLE battles! It's a narrative animation no matter if it dont have a "total story", it just so happen the battle is just soo incredible, it got a story itself!

The "main character" are really depressed in his mind and getting nightmares each time he sleeps, and he battle his "nightmares" one by one until he gets all over it and stop being depressed! (Final boss: The girlfriend xD)

That's how you make a story ;)

2 hours ago, Crated said:

James I like your story but it's confusing for sure... I don't care much about that part, I am watching cause of your INCREDIBLE battles! It's a narrative animation no matter if it dont have a "total story", it just so happen the battle is just soo incredible, it got a story itself!

The "main character" are really depressed in his mind and getting nightmares each time he sleeps, and he battle his "nightmares" one by one until he gets all over it and stop being depressed! (Final boss: The girlfriend xD)

That's how you make a story ;)

That's not nearly what the story is at all. The story ties everything together and so it'll make so much more sense once it's finished.

On 3/25/2016 at 5:20 AM, The Tan James said:

Flamewar

There is no flame war. STOP. SAYING. THAT. It's literally what annoys me the most here..

On 3/24/2016 at 9:04 PM, The Tan James said:

Ok i'm pretty sure we can all agree if the character wasn't minecraft, like it was filmed then a lot of opinions would be changed.

I really don't think anyone even mentioned anything about it being Minecraft, except you.

Edited by tditdatdwt

11 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

There is no flame war. STOP. SAYING. THAT. It's literally what annoys me the most here..

I really don't think anyone even mentioned anything about it being Minecraft, except you.

I'm just gonna keep saying flamewar because i'm pretty sure i'm not obligated to say anything else. 

Also that doesn't matter. If i was to make this a freaking film or human animation you're opinion would more than likely change. if not well then that's your opinion

Look i dont understand what you guys are trying to prove. If you're all trying to get me to stop making this altogether then i'm sorry but lolno

forums pls stop screwing up my replies

>REALITY Concept 4 had 69 replies before this one.

>6 is two thirds of 9

>6 divided by 2 is 3

>HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMT?!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, The Tan James said:

I really don't care about that because i mean, this is freaking minecraft, everything looks generic.  The game itself is generic.

You can still create original things even with Minecraft. I mean, 95% of SFM animations are centered around Team Fortress 2 and original and creative stuff still comes out of that quite often!

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 0:27 PM, The Tan James said:

I really don't care about that because i mean, this is freaking minecraft, everything looks generic.  The game itself is generic.

You can still create original things even with Minecraft. I mean, 95% of SFM animations are centered around Team Fortress 2 and original and creative stuff still comes out of that quite often!

On 3/23/2016 at 8:07 PM, The Tan James said:

you want to know something, almost all animations made by people including my self have no story because we are wither to lazy or just cant think of anything. but you, idk how you think of all this **** and have the time to animate 10 MINUTES...but its really good and i wish i was like you, i'm more like slightly above average. but your ******* like Above above above average. good job. if i still had my server, and could give you a rank for this... you would be "Supreme-Infamy", because that used to be the highest rank on there. great job my friend
tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Edited by BlueYoshi36