Co-Op Animating in Mine-Imator?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Good'ie, everyone.

This idea didn't create by me exactly, It was creating by Ponlawat Gaming (Because he sucks at English. :P). Me and him wanted to present about suggestion that should be in Mine-Imator. It is something like ... " Co-Op Animating in Mine-Imator " (Maybe) because we dunno what it should called ...

We know that you wouldn't gonna imagine it correctly but he made an examples Interface what it should look like.                                                                                                           (NOTE: This is NOT featuring in Mine-Imator 1.0.6 so, don't be stupid to go check your Mine-Imator. This is editing with Photoshop.)

Starting Interface (When you open Mine-Imator)

Spoiler

d6cXGZm.png

Joining Server Interface (When you are already clicking " Join Server " button)

Spoiler

RzfEf8j.png

Main Interface (When you are already joining server)

Spoiler

48YFgGN.png

Account / server options Interface

Spoiler

XZmcdJq.png

Chat System

Spoiler

ZuEPqzM.png

User List System (Players joining server)

Spoiler

mjtFn8p.png

Main Interface #2 (When animating together)

Spoiler

T8STxWq.png

And as you see, this is very useful benefits for who are making movie and needing some helpers like Rigging, Animating or something like that so you can animating together easily and more cheaper, faster. (Working same function as Minecraft Server (L.A.N), if admin leaves the program, players (users) will disconnect too)

[ I know you guy gonna comments something like: It's impossible!, No way! But this is just suggestion ... (Me and him also suck at source code tho. :v) ]

If it possible, that would very helpful for the community! So, our dreaming movie project would gonna be possible for like ... 20% maybe tho ...

Check out for the original idea creator! :

Youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxPONVB1ilgkd491nyx0fyQ

Thankfully to David for the Mine-Imator! We hope this suggestion will be true. That would help all of our community! Appreciate! :D 

Edited by Phoenix
What the hell is happen to Spoileraroni ...

@Keep on Chucking, @PikaMasterzMC (our scientists), get in here!

I think this feature could be slightly useful, but more cool than anything.

There'd have to be a way of deciding who has the power to switch the animation on and off, and who gets to switch through Keyframes to get any animation done...

Come to think of it, aside from the lag that would come from a rendered environment shared by two computer over the web, you wouldn't even be seeing the same stuff if you want two people to work on two different things at the same time. How could one person go to Keyframe X without bugging the heck out of the other one...?  :S 

Just now, Kaxx said:

this better be a thing

But for what though? If you want to collaborate on something, you could just have a friend make a Rig or animate some stock animation, he doesn't need to be there.

M.I. can lag when things get too complex on its own. If it's shared across the web, that'd be much worse. And as I've said, you can't both manipulate the Timeline unless you're looking at two separate animation editors, and what's the point of that?  :| 

Ya know, I just noticed something. If you where to add an asset like a rig or a schematic or what-not, for it to be used on the server, it would have to be downloaded to the other person's computer and rendered, and let's say your working with someone that doesn't have the most recent hardware and you import a huge schemetic, it's R.I.P. for them. And if users want to move certain things to certain places, but someone else wants to do something else that the other person doesn't like, not everyone has the same mindset, goal, and animation style for the animation. And there would also be lag and keyframes would be lost due to rubberbanding and all of the computers trying to connect to each other and work on the same project all at once. I think the proccessing of animating in multiplayer would be slower than faster as everyone thinks. :| 

58 minutes ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

Ya know, I just noticed something. If you where to add an asset like a rig or a schematic or what-not, for it to be used on the server, it would have to be downloaded to the other person's computer and rendered, and let's say your working with someone that doesn't have the most recent hardware and you import a huge schemetic, it's R.I.P. for them. And if users want to move certain things to certain places, but someone else wants to do something else that the other person doesn't like, not everyone has the same mindset, goal, and animation style for the animation. And there would also be lag and keyframes would be lost due to rubberbanding and all of the computers trying to connect to each other and work on the same project all at once. I think the proccessing of animating in multiplayer would be slower than faster as everyone thinks. :| 

Honestly all we need is a live file-sharing dealeo that lets both sides work on the same project, like Google Docs, updated live. If one crashes, the other still has the file loaded to save it, and can fix the problem should it happen. 

Simple communication is the simplest way to fix the other problems. Who's doing what, when. A in-program chat is easy enough to code, and Skype could work as well. 

Oh, one more thing: To reduce lag, the updates between systems should not be instantaneous, but update after every few actions. In this way extraneous movements and mistakes are sent less often, and there is less strain on the program. 

Edited by KicksBrickster

Yep, is a good idea, but it's too complex.

I guess that this would cause the same thing that happened with 1.0.1, we will have to wait another 5 MI updates (or even more) until this works fine ._.

So I would suggest another way of sharing progress

Edited by -StickyMations-

1 hour ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

(I have yet to see a 3D multiplayer game made in GameMaker.)

There are a lot of 3D Multiplayer games made in GameMaker.

Check out Yoyogames.sandbox. ;)

I think this is possible btw.. The only problem would be the download time it would take to get all the assets from the host.

22 minutes ago, David said:

Cool images, but this would be extremely complex to implement. I also think it would be overkill for a simple program like Mine-imator. Feel free to learn GML, networking and servers though and add it yourself, you guys have the source. :)

Thanks for the tip, David!   :3

I really wanted to try it for yourself But! I can not preview the Mine-imator in the source code. 

What needs to be solved with help

Spoiler

When the press preview program Mine-imator it popup this message.

Spoiler

Reading project file....Error compiling vertex shader:

In Shader shader_high_aa at line 7 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_aa at line 7 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_aa at line 8 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_aa at line 8 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

Error compiling vertex shader:

In Shader shader_high_dof at line 7 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_dof at line 7 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_dof at line 8 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_dof at line 8 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_fog_apply at line 8 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_fog_apply at line 8 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_fog_apply at line 10 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_fog_apply at line 10 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_fog at line 10 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_fog at line 10 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_fog at line 11 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_fog at line 11 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_fog at line 12 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_apply at line 8 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_apply at line 8 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_apply at line 9 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_apply at line 9 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_light_night at line 7 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_night at line 7 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_night at line 9 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_night at line 9 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_light_night at line 9 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 10 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 10 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 11 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 12 : 'in_Normal' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 12 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 13 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_point at line 13 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 12 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 12 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 13 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 14 : 'in_Normal' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 14 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 15 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_spot at line 15 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 15 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 15 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 16 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 17 : 'in_Normal' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 17 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 18 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_light_sun at line 18 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_ssao at line 7 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_ssao at line 7 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_ssao at line 8 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_ssao at line 8 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_high_ssao at line 8 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_high_ssao_blur at line 7 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_ssao_blur at line 7 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_high_ssao_blur at line 8 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_high_ssao_blur at line 8 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 11 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 12 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 12 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 13 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 13 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_alpha_test at line 13 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_blend at line 11 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_blend at line 12 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_blend at line 12 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_blend at line 13 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_blend at line 13 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_blend at line 13 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 13 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 13 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 14 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 15 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 15 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_blend_fog at line 16 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_border at line 8 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_border at line 8 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_border at line 9 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_border at line 9 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_border at line 9 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 8 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 8 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 4-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 9 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 9 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 11 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_camera at line 11 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 10 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 10 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 11 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 13 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 13 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 4-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 14 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog at line 14 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 16 : 'in_Normal' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 16 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 17 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 17 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 19 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 40 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 40 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 4-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 41 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_color_fog_lights at line 41 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_depth at line 12 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_depth at line 12 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_depth at line 14 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_depth at line 14 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_depth at line 14 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_depth_point at line 9 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_depth_point at line 9 : '=' :  cannot convert from 'const mediump float' to '3-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_depth_point at line 10 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_depth_point at line 11 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_depth_point at line 11 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 9 : 'in_Colour' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 9 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 4-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 10 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 10 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 11 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_draw_texture at line 11 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Shader shader_replace at line 8 : 'in_TextureCoord' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_replace at line 8 : 'assign' :  cannot convert from 'float' to 'varying highp 2-component vector of float'

In Shader shader_replace at line 9 : 'in_Position' : undeclared identifier

In Shader shader_replace at line 9 : 'getWind' : no matching overloaded function found

In Shader shader_replace at line 9 : 'constructor' : not enough data provided for construction

In Script directory_create_dll at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script directory_delete_dll at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script directory_exists_dll at line 6 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script execute at line 4 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script file_copy_dll at line 6 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script file_delete_dll at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script file_exists_dll at line 6 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script file_rename_dll at line 6 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script gzunzip at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script open_url at line 4 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_audio_file_add at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_audio_file_decode at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_audio_sound_add at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_done at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_frame at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_set at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script movie_start at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_create at line 6 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_free at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_height at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_set_filtering at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_set_stage_ext at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script texture_width at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script window_maximize at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script window_set_focus at line 3 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script dll_init at line 20 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 21 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 22 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 23 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 24 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 25 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 26 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 27 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 28 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 29 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 30 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 33 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 34 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 35 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 36 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 37 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 38 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 39 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 40 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 43 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script dll_init at line 46 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 47 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 50 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 51 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 52 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 53 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 54 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 55 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 56 : unknown function or script external_define

In Script dll_init at line 59 : unknown function or script external_call

In Script file_init at line 16 : unknown function or script external_call

Compile Failed - Please check the Compile window for any additional information

Need Help i don't preview the Mine-imator in the source code :steve_tearful:

Edited by ponlawatgaming

23 minutes ago, ponlawatgaming said:

Thanks for the tip, David!   :3

I really wanted to try it for yourself But! I can not preview the Mine-imator in the source code. 

What needs to be solved with help

Hidden Content

Need Help i don't preview the Mine-imator in the source code :steve_tearful:

Here, hold this: 

8 hours ago, SKIBBZ said:

I've seen this suggested multiple times, but you seem to of made the most effort to making this look legit. I would totally animate with the forumers all the time if this was a thing. 

Yes, that's be fun. Cuz then you'd be there :3

2 hours ago, Jovan0896 said:

Nice pictures dude.I like this idea because I have a friend who is a begginer in mine imator and I would like to show him some stuff.

True, it looks like it was part of the interface in the first place!

9 hours ago, David said:

Cool images, but this would be extremely complex to implement. I also think it would be overkill for a simple program like Mine-imator. Feel free to learn GML, networking and servers though and add it yourself, you guys have the source. :)

Thanks! David, for your advice.

We will try to learn some GML Stuffs and try to make this come true (as I said, we suck at source code tho :v), alternate I just need some teachers like that ... Don't sure if it possible but as you said, " extremely complex to implement " I also agreed with your advice ...

geeeeeeettt duuuuunkedd oooonnnn

People people who is arguing the mine-imator coop will be rather like minecraft.. Like if people here have powerful computers. btw if someone import a large schmetic the admin is the hoster the non admins depends on the admins computer or its RAM. Its simple like Minecraft... So its basically how much people u can get on ur mine-imator server coop thingy if you can provide them more ram more people.