The Mine-imator 'Community build'

Just now, IRON431 said:

I got the new build, but when I try load a project from normal Mine-Imator with a huge scenery, it loads fine in normal MI but on the Community build, halfway through loading the scenery, it gets a fatal memory error and crashes. How can I fix this?

Disable custom images in settings.

9 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

2 ideas: 1:You can currently one change the texture of items/blocks, by changing the resource pack. It should also be able to change block models.

2: I don't know if you would have to remodel for this (probably), but body twisting, in addition to bend.

1.) Can't, all models are initialized inside of the code.

2.) I would have to re-model, but I'm not sure if even then it would work.

The bloom effect is cool, too bad most of my projects crash when im trying to open them since Mineimator is a bit of a mess in the way it manages objects specially when you export/import. David released this fix http://www.stuffbydavid.com/dl/mi106noyyc.zip which solves a lot of those "fatal errors", it still happens, but less often. I can open projects with that noyyc fix wereas with the normal 106 (and your community build) I cant because it crashes. I suggest you implement the fixes of this version since is the latest thing we have until @David releases an actual full update. I would like to be able to use the bloom effect.

5 minutes ago, moniker said:

The bloom effect is cool, too bad most of my projects crash when im trying to open them since Mineimator is a bit of a mess in the way it manages objects specially when you export/import. David released this fix http://www.stuffbydavid.com/dl/mi106noyyc.zip which solves a lot of those "fatal errors", it still happens, but less often. I can open projects with that noyyc fix wereas with the normal 106 (and your community build) I cant because it crashes. I suggest you implement the fixes of this version since is the latest thing we have until @David releases an actual full update. I would like to be able to use the bloom effect.

The "yyc" isn't a code problem, so I can't "implement" a fix. Let me explain; There are two types of compilers:

Standard compiler

• Schematic loading is slower.
  • Causes unexplainable bugs such as resource packs not being able to load and attempting to load certain projects from the "Recent projects" list causes MIne-imator to crash and more.

YYC(YoYo Compiler)

• Schematic loading is faster.
  • Fixes unexplainable bugs.(Making it practically bug free.)

A compiler is what converts the source code, to a runnable program. The 'Improved Foliage' and 'Photography' mods both have a lot of bugs that cannot be fixed, however once their features were put into the Community Build and compiled with the YYC, no bugs were present. So the YYC stayed as the primary compiler. If I were to switch the compiler to the regular compiler, the common fatal error bugs from my previous mods would re-appear, which wouldn't be fun.

14 hours ago, MLGBacon said:

I think "Extruding Text" feature should added! You know, it gives it a more 3D effect, well ofc you might already know. 

Text wasn't built to be 3D, if you want 3D text, use item sheets as they can be used for 3D text.

Edited by Nimi

18 hours ago, Nimi said:

No, and I can't use it cause of system requirements and GameMaker 2 isn't free.

I thought none of GameMaker was free

18 hours ago, Nimi said:

cause of system requirements

Okay? I have been trying the trial version, plus my computer only has 2GB of RAM! It works fine to me.

@Nimi

Edited by MLGBacon

On 7/12/2016 at 1:55 AM, Nimi said:

The "yyc" isn't a code problem, so I can't "implement" a fix. Let me explain; There are two types of compilers:

Standard compiler

• Schematic loading is slower.
  • Causes unexplainable bugs such as resource packs not being able to load and attempting to load certain projects from the "Recent projects" list causes MIne-imator to crash and more.

YYC(YoYo Compiler)

• Schematic loading is faster.
  • Fixes unexplainable bugs.(Making it practically bug free.)

A compiler is what converts the source code, to a runnable program. The 'Improved Foliage' and 'Photography' mods both have a lot of bugs that cannot be fixed, however once their features were put into the Community Build and compiled with the YYC, no bugs were present. So the YYC stayed as the primary compiler. If I were to switch the compiler to the regular compiler, the common fatal error bugs from my previous mods would re-appear, which wouldn't be fun.

I've found the "noycc" way more stable. With the regular 106 I always end up with a corrupted project somehow. I sent projects to debug to David and he said he will look into it. Hopefully all those bugs can be fixed. If those bugs and the transparency issue was solved, the experience would be way more solid. A lot of people myself included, hate that you cannot use transparent stuff behind fog/depth of field/tinted glasses, so many ideas have to be scrapped because the transparencies make the scene look bad.

Edited by moniker

52 minutes ago, moniker said:

I've found the "noycc" way more stable. With the regular 106 I always end up with a corrupted project somehow. I sent projects to debug to David and he said he will look into it. Hopefully all those bugs can be fixed. If those bugs and the transparency issue was solved, the experience would be way more solid. A lot of people myself included, hate that you cannot use transparent stuff behind fog/depth of field/tinted glasses, so many ideas have to be scrapped because the transparencies make the scene look bad.

actually, there is a way to fix transparencys by your own!

1- select the transparent object.

2- go to graphics in the object's properties.

3- you'll see a text wich says render depth :.

4- change the value from 0 to 1 or higher.

5-profit.

9 hours ago, BBruce7815 said:

actually, there is a way to fix transparencys by your own!

1- select the transparent object.

2- go to graphics in the object's properties.

3- you'll see a text wich says render depth :.

4- change the value from 0 to 1 or higher.

5-profit.

This doesn't work if like I said, behind the transparent object there's fog, depth of field, or a tinted glass pane, which ruins a lot of good shots since you would need to get rid of the fog which makes the scene look really dull, same goes for the deph of field.

Edited by moniker

On 12/8/2016 at 7:39 AM, moniker said:

This doesn't work if like I said, behind the transparent object there's fog, depth of field, or a tinted glass pane, which ruins a lot of good shots since you would need to get rid of the fog which makes the scene look really dull, same goes for the deph of field.

Currently Mine-imator thinks everything in the scene is physical. So when a glass block is infront of another block that should be blurred with DOF, it won't be blurred because MI thinks that the glass block is a solid block(Cube, stone, ect.), and there's no need to blur the block behind the glass block. So that's what's causing the effect to be ruined. I could try to make a workaround by adding a timeline editor option to tell whether the object is "Transparent" or "Physical" which will make anything that's "Transparent", invisble when MI goes to check it's 3D scene for a depth map(Used for SSAO, DOF, shader stuff.), so when it sees something with "Transparent" enabled, the DOF distance will go through it, and blurring objects on the other side of it. However, it would also blur the objects with "Transparent" enabled, regardless if the DOF range is touching it or not. If you wanted to make it work on big schematics, you'd have to seperate the transparent objects from the solid objects. (Which isn't too hard if you copy the schematic and edit the block sheets for both of them.)

TL;DR: I could try to fix it. Not guaranteed to work and look good though.

Edit: Nvm, the method I would put in would give a result similar to this. (Let's say the crystals above the diamond has "Transparent" enabled.)

Spoiler

38189-diamond.jpg

Edited by Nimi