DEMO 5 vs. Full 1.0.0 - Graphics Comparison

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Indeed Demo 5 looks better on lighting but the edges and AO looks better on full version.

The lighting is probably better because you have more experience on Demo 5.

Full version looks like it has more potential than Demo 5 on lighting if it's setup with the right settings tho. :D

yeah I noticed all of that too... 1.0.0 doesn't do well with lighting, especially with larger schematics. The fog messes with lighting and coloration way too much, and the sun settings make the whole schematic all gross unless the range is at 6000, which doesn't even cover the full schematic, leaving you with areas that aren't shaded at all....

I'm not trying to diss 1.0.0, but this is a major problem for people like me who use big schematics on a regular basis.

4 hours ago, blockerlocker said:

Personally, I think that settings could have been changed to make both versions look the same, or even the final version look better. Here's one thing I made in DEMO, and one I made in FULL, and I think the second one looks better, but at the end of the day it comes down to a matter of opinion. Not to say this is a bad comparison, but you can do much more to "fix" how your scenes look.

I actually tried to changed the settings on 1.0.0, just so it can look good or even better then the demo one, but whatever settings I tried doesn't seem to make it looks good as Demo 5.

Example this video, in Demo 5, I set Shadow Size to 8 and it looks all good while in 1.0.0 I set Shadow Size to 400%, but it doesn't even looks close to Demo 5.

And yeeeah, I was kind of stupid about scenes, mainly when it comes to a little test, I'm like... really lazy atm xD sorry! :3

I believe some of the vibrance issues and such with the change of Demo 5 to 1.0.0 exist due to the change of video format.
I don't know much about it but I do see a difference between the MI 1.0.0 in-program preview and the render result, whereas I don't see as much of that in Demo 5.
Just a thought ;) 
There ARE other problems with lighting caused by the program itself, though.

Anyways, the video you put together is very nice, but how do you have that AO in Demo 5?

Edited by Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

2 hours ago, Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) said:

I believe some of the vibrance issues and such with the change of Demo 5 to 1.0.0 exist due to the change of video format.
I don't know much about it but I do see a difference between the MI 1.0.0 in-program preview and the render result, whereas I don't see as much of that in Demo 5.
Just a thought ;) 
There ARE other problems with lighting caused by the program itself, though.

Anyways, the video you put together is very nice, but how do you have that AO in Demo 5?

Those aren't real AO, though, the way I used is simple. Set Ambient Color to dark blue, Set Shadow Size in the render setting to be like... more then 5 (I used 8 on this video) and that's it! :D