rep  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Glorious David bring back up reps and down reps

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • NO! Likes are better !
    • Who cares...

So as of yesterday we dont have these to magical buttons anymore   :+1:  :-1:  :steve_tearful:  ! Now we have "likes"...Now the problem whit this is when someone really deserve to get there rp down!So it will always be just likes or nothing and I say NO to that   :D  !

Choose your opinion on the poll up!

2z8zw48_th.png

Edited by gamesyay12

I know this is a repost of my old post, but I imagine you didn't read it. Nevertheless:

I have a feeling this was brought on because people abused the system to begin with. Since it ever existed, people down-rep something they simply don't like. An opinion, or an animation can get down-repped because someone feels like it. Also people accidentally give down-rep due to mobile limitations. Now, you can't mess up. In order to say you don't like something, you must do it with words.

It may have been caused by the recent events to follow, but I'm not going to mention who and why if you didn't already see it. This change is for the better, because now you have to be bold with your criticism, (Whether constructive varies) and you cannot rally groups of people to massively down-rep posts. It's been abused and misused by so many accounts than the feature of +repping just given away by people who think something looks remotely cool.

Now personally I believe the +rep system has been misused more than the -rep system has, because people who produce generic content get tons/piles of rep based on who they are. I don't want to say this, but it's typically girls who get this luxury just because they are a female. They could even produce no content, and just make posts and they'll have just as much. This is what I see as abuse of the upvote system.

I would much rather have the reputation feature removed entirely, but it does show who makes exemplary posts and produces great content here. But it gets spoiled by people who abuse it, so I don't even know anymore.

If you think it's for the better, that's good. If it's for the worse, I agree as well. However think of what could happen if either reputation was removed entirely or if we just remove downvoting. Good or nothing? Utopia or generic?

I voted for the rep system to be turned back.

And really?

First unnecessary drama, now likes?

Are we really turning into motherhumping Facebook!?

I think we should try and keep the forum from becoming Facebook and bring back the rep system.

I'm fully aware of people abusing the downrep system. Like Andyman747 for example.

But I still think it'd be a lot better than turning into Facebook.

I voted for the rep system to be turned back.

And really?

First unnecessary drama, now likes?

Are we really turning into motherhumping Facebook!?

I think we should try and keep the forum from becoming Facebook and bring back the rep system.

I'm fully aware of people abusing the downrep system. Like Andyman747 for example.

But I still think it'd be a lot better than turning into Facebook.

I hope you understand that there are people who actually go ape because they get down-repped. They reverse the system, a flame war ensues, and both members get warned. With this new feature, there is no problem with this.

Also, those who are already downrepped can only get better now. Nobody can get angry. Plus people must say they don't like something than just down-voting it and moving on. They must criticize it, and now they have nothing to fear.

I hope you understand that there are people who actually go ape because they get down-repped. They reverse the system, a flame war ensues, and both members get warned. With this new feature, there is no problem with this.

Also, those who are already downrepped can only get better now. Nobody can get angry. Plus people must say they don't like something than just down-voting it and moving on. They must criticize it, and now they have nothing to fear.

Well I mean I liked the rep button and the down rep button scared me

ÜberKiller, on 26 May 2014 - 16:26, said:

I have a feeling this was brought on because people abused the system to begin with. Since it ever existed, people down-rep something they simply don't like. An opinion, or an animation can get down-repped because someone feels like it. Also people accidentally give down-rep due to mobile limitations. Now, you can't mess up. In order to say you don't like something, you must do it with words.

It may have been caused by the recent events to follow, but I'm not going to mention who and why if you didn't already see it. This change is for the better, because now you have to be bold with your criticism, (Whether constructive varies) and you cannot rally groups of people to massively down-rep posts. It's been abused and misused by so many accounts than the feature of +repping just given away by people who think something looks remotely cool.

Now personally I believe the +rep system has been misused more than the -rep system has, because people who produce generic content get tons/piles of rep based on who they are. I don't want to say this, but it's typically girls who get this luxury just because they are a female. They could even produce no content, and just make posts and they'll have just as much. This is what I see as abuse of the upvote system.

I would much rather have the reputation feature removed entirely, but it does show who makes exemplary posts and produces great content here. But it gets spoiled by people who abuse it, so I don't even know anymore.

If you think it's for the better, that's good. If it's for the worse, I agree as well. However think of what could happen if either reputation was removed entirely or if we just remove downvoting. Good or nothing? Utopia or generic?
I actually was goint to do a test on that. Until Avalon joined. In minuets she got more rep then I had in a year

I think likes are better, because reps will start the down-rep confusion and drama AGAIN.

Likes?

Likes for me are better. they not change anything, just the downrep got removed.

Also, Wrong section.. this is not posted on Mine-Imator issues and bugs (Why? Because this is not a mine-imator bug or even a glitch, or a issue.) correct section is Random Talk or Forum discussion.

Edited by Stevenrobson