Dev update #2: State of 0.7 and ridiculously large schematics

Yeah, I didn't mean it to say that this isn't a real animation software, I meant it as in a sort of, like blender or cinema 4d thing.

The way I see it is that Mineimator doesn't focus on getting cores of a program for community usability. I see it as, oh, well it's based on a game. Let's make it so they can use the stuff from the game, and then manipulate in their own way.

Compared to Blender: Alright dev team, give them a a way to draw a shape and some ways to manipulate it, see what they come up with.

If there was a modelling feature, right at the start, it wouldn't be Mineimator. And when a modelling feature would come out, in the middle of it still being developed, it'd have its limitations so it's 'Minecraft' related.

I need this so badly! I recently inserted a schematic sized a bit over 450k blocks and my framerate dropped to 20%. I just can't make the animation with that kind of fps. Can't wait for the update.

I've been trying to use "chroma key" to make huge scenes without need to build an medieval village, for example.

I didn't found the right software but recent tests with Blender were fine.

vnfgqp.jpgHere is an scene from The Lord of The Rings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTaCWBM3Dm8.

Thinking about make the movie using Minecraft shots and Mine-imator (close-ups, action scenes).

[EDIT]

Just found an mod that capture movements still alpha but is very easy to use. Would be great import the mocap files into Mine-imator.

Link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2057151-wip-164-smp-forge-minecraft-motion-capture-mod-mocap/

Edited by Drop

He said February at the worst... :'(

David is actually chuck norris in disguise.

He has actually finished the update because he is chuck norris.

He is just waiting around and watching us suffer from suspense of the release date which will be whenever he wants...

Because he is chuck norris.

No idea why I wrote that.

Would be cool if we could import raw images like PNG for like logos, so we could make intos. Maybe a later version like 1.1.0?

Well you could do that, make a detailed schematic and change the textures or use the mob creator when it comes out, heck you could even used items for it!

Edited by RedcapCreations

The Glorious David is actually chuck norris in disguise.

He has actually finished the update because he is chuck norris.

He is just waiting around and watching us suffer from suspense of the release date which will be whenever he wants...

Because he is chuck norris.

No idea why I wrote that.

We are us or the others?

\--------------------------------------------------/

Just did some tests on this shot [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTaCWBM3Dm8] with SynthEyes (demo) and the tracking was AMAZING!

I'll try to get the full version.