Dev update #2: State of 0.7 and ridiculously large schematics

well, i dont like the sharp bends we have now too, but in this new update, you can use the detail tool, to make it look good

actually we aren't getting sharp beinding i believe. david said that we will just get what was in hte smooth beindg preview. the lowest quality will be our sharp bending

Blender isn't only used for Minecraft animations. People make realistic animations with Blender, you know... ^_^

Please read the to-do list. This has been addressed several times. If you have a request, I would suggest to read the to-do list first.

Like The Glorious David said, the to-do list isn't very accurate since he hasn't updated it in a while.

actually we aren't getting sharp beinding i believe. The Glorious David said that we will just get what was in hte smooth beindg preview. the lowest quality will be our sharp bending

Don't we already have sharp bending? The bending we have in 0.7 demo looks similar to Slamacow.

you say it's leaving beta... if it is, then that means new users will have to pay. are you afraid of getting the program pirated?

Mine-Imator will always be free. I PMed The Glorious David if Mine-Imator will cost money and he said no. :)

Edited by Nickaye

Don't rush doing mine-imator. slow and steady wins the race. When this update is finished it will hopefully be EPIC  :).

MINE-IMATOR ROCKS

i will rush if i was David :) because i will want my fans to make epic animations

When this comes out, I think my brain will short-circuit from the pure awesomeness of 1.0.

Me when it comes out: Umm... system failure... jgfjdhsfsdhngv,cfmk. Reboot... fsdjghosadugjmvtu (Lol)

Bigger schems, facial animations (?), enderdragon, blaze, and magma cube, ability to remove blocks from schems, smooth bending, shaders, day-night instances(?)... it's so awesome I can't even put it into words xD

Thank you soooooo much The Glorious (times infinity plus 1 lol) The Glorious David!!!!!!! 

Edited by Epic.Endergirl19

I'm really hoping the particle system makes an appearance at last, I've had a plan on hold since last May for them.

500X500 Schematics is a big hell yes in my books (saves me having to cut ones that size into about 100 pieces to import), but I'm wondering if there could be a small addition of a seperate non-native-to-minecraft block just for the program: one with 6 differently textured sides and a seperate "terrain.png" equivalent to go with it. Its just something so if we were to import a dozen of them with different skins, that we could parent them together in such a way as to create a custom mob. Its just the closest vanilla block with multiple face skins is pumpkins with 4 unique faces, and it's tedious stitching together human models with their heads/arms retextured for the same effect and making all but one part invisible.

Awesome, Im suprised how well your going I could not possibly do all that by myself, and just as a question are you adding horses ;)

I'm not sure if he is, the only mob updates he stated was adding magma cubes, blazes, ender dragon, and a fix to the wither, no horse. :(

The process seems to be going quite fast :)

I'm not sure if he is, the only mob updates he stated was adding magma cubes, blazes, ender dragon, and a fix to the wither, no horse. :(

Shame there is no horse, but oh well's David has done a extremely good job! :D

Edited by _Sinubux_

I never said 1.0.0 won't have horses.  :ph34r:

Oh, Yeah! David, The best GM user ever! I would like to thank you for this program, without your program, I wouldn't be able to make what I always wanted to make, My story is that i had mine-imator, I thought the camera was not functional then I saw Tutorial Guy's tutorial on how to use the camera, I tried it and was amazed out of the little I had learned, I started to build up story lines and make animations based on those story lines, sure i had fun making animations with it, but then I saw Zuexs rig, how amazed I was at the sight, I felt that I needed to rig! I wanted to be happy with peoples responses, I wanted to help people, That's why I call myself The Supporter, That's what brought me here today, Anyone can be like me, only if they try, I have not once given up, nor you should. I will not leave!

~Shah/The Supporter

This is groundbreaking stuff Dave!

I can already feel the tension of this excite-o-mass hype party you've created. Not only did you decrease loading times and fix areas where the old version crashed, you also revolutionised the way we think about Game Maker's 3D capabilities. In my eyes, Mine-imator is the best 3D animation program I've ever used, and now it's getting EVEN BETTER!

Oh no...I can't wait for this...It makes me want to use the program more and more...MUST...LAUNCH...MINE-IMATOR!