Freaking Biome Contest

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Winner  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

WELP ME AND NzPenguin6 aka @Nzshark6 Had a Little Contest about Biomes, And Uhmm I knew from the Start that I dont stand a chance but, I tried.

@Nzshark6's Superior and Fabulous Wallpaper (HE EDITTED HIS FREAKINBG AUYWIOAHDIUASHGED8AUYD)

IMG_20180402_193412_375.jpg

Mine (I feel Like it looks uninteresting :/

The_White_Forest_And_Steve_or_something.

Feel Free to Vote on Shark's Because I think he has a better wallpaper than mine

Edited by HeYoNia

In Shark's one, Its obvious the lighting is not accurate, well IMO, the leaves and such blocks off some of the light to reach the ground, yet it still makes it through the leaves. The grass blocks there in his render has light on the sides but the leaves are blocking the light, so it doesn't take my point, plus the lighting is kinda not the same color ( IMO ).

Yours on the other hand, is great, the lighting is really good, spot on, the lighting exposure has effort, no leaves blocking, I can tell where the sunlight is hitting, with Shark's one, the sunlight is hitting that block on the right side, meaning his edit in the middle of his render is not accurate with the lightning.

You get my point.

1 minute ago, _BlueAsyl said:

In Shark's one, Its obvious the lighting is not accurate, well IMO, the leaves and such blocks off some of the light to reach the ground, yet it still makes it through the leaves. The grass blocks there in his render has light on the sides but the leaves are blocking the light, so it doesn't take my point, plus the lighting is kinda not the same color ( IMO ).

Yours on the other hand, is great, the lighting is really good, spot on, the lighting exposure has effort, no leaves blocking, I can tell where the sunlight is hitting, with Shark's one, the sunlight is hitting that block on the right side, meaning his edit in the middle of his render is not accurate with the lightning.

You get my point.

I Totally get it :D

1 hour ago, Nzshark6 said:

"This Trash Guy who Makes garbage wallpapers and people were forced to upvote his because he paid them 5$ each" 
I don't believe that, your amazing dude. You put hard work into you're wallpaper. gg mate

LOL Is that what u guys think?

I Only put 5-9 Minutes on my Wallpapers.

Thanks tho

Edited by HeYoNia

On 4/3/2018 at 9:25 PM, tditdatdwt said:

"This Trash Guy who Makes garbage wallpapers and people were forced to upvote his because he paid them 5$ each"
"Feel Free to Vote on Shark's Because I suck at this"

It kind of seems like you posted this just so you'd get praise.

If that's What You want to think about me, Sure why not, But Let me Explain myself a bit.

I've been Making a few wallpapers for the Past few weeks and Have only getting 1-3 Upvotes and Thought People never liked my Wallpapers, which caused me to Lose my Self Esteem And Lost interest on Making wallpapers, that's when I saw shark's Wallpaper and asked him for a friendly match, Heck I even Made 3-7 Wallpapers trying to Match his Wallpaper, I never expected any praise nor Votes for me since Shark's Just Looks calming and mine looks very Uninteresting. So yeah, It's Okay If ya Dont believe me :)

1 hour ago, HeYoNia said:

If that's What You want to think about me, Sure why not, But Let me Explain myself a bit.

I've been Making a few wallpapers for the Past few weeks and Have only getting 1-3 Upvotes and Thought People never liked my Wallpapers, which caused me to Lose my Self Esteem And Lost interest on Making wallpapers, that's when I saw shark's Wallpaper and asked him for a friendly match, Heck I even Made 3-7 Wallpapers trying to Match his Wallpaper, I never expected any praise nor Votes for me since Shark's Just Looks calming and mine looks very Uninteresting. So yeah, It's Okay If ya Dont believe me :)

To quote your signature...

"I don't understand what your
idea of 'Uninteresting' is."

Seriously, your wallpaper is vastly superior to Shark's. Sure, it looks calming, but yours is better for the following reasons:

1. You didn't have to edit your wallpaper.
  2. Your scene contains characters; Steve, a Wolf and an ENDER DRAGON. Shark's scene is empty.
  3. Your image is in PNG format so the quality is retained, unlike Shark's JPG, where details become grainy.
  4. The lighting in your scene actually makes sense. Shark's scene appears to have two conflicting sources of light from behind and in front of the camera, whereas in your scene it's easy to see sunlight is coming from the left.

I know there are some aspects you can improve on, but that's the point. Practice makes perfect! You shouldn't put yourself down like that, because your wallpaper is actually really good. As for the lack of Upvoting, bear in mind that not many people view these in the first place. I looked at the "Wallpapers and Art" section and in the past week, as of typing this, only 5 out of the 29 topics have more than 100 views, and two of them are memes, one is a question and another one is a gif.

Just remember that if you're getting Upvotes, you've done a good job. People like what they see. :)

On 4/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, __Mine__ said:

To quote your signature...

"I don't understand what your
idea of 'Uninteresting' is."

Seriously, your wallpaper is vastly superior to Shark's. Sure, it looks calming, but yours is better for the following reasons:

1. You didn't have to edit your wallpaper.
  2. Your scene contains characters; Steve, a Wolf and an ENDER DRAGON. Shark's scene is empty.
  3. Your image is in PNG format so the quality is retained, unlike Shark's JPG, where details become grainy.
  4. The lighting in your scene actually makes sense. Shark's scene appears to have two conflicting sources of light from behind and in front of the camera, whereas in your scene it's easy to see sunlight is coming from the left.

I know there are some aspects you can improve on, but that's the point. Practice makes perfect! You shouldn't put yourself down like that, because your wallpaper is actually really good. As for the lack of Upvoting, bear in mind that not many people view these in the first place. I looked at the "Wallpapers and Art" section and in the past week, as of typing this, only 5 out of the 29 topics have more than 100 views, and two of them are memes, one is a question and another one is a gif.

Just remember that if you're getting Upvotes, you've done a good job. People like what they see. :)

Thanks mate!

shark vs HeYoNa, trying to lower the quality  of their wallpapers...xD

Feel Free to Vote on Shark's Because I think he has a better wallpaper than mine

On 2018. 4. 3. at 3:17 PM, Nzshark6 said:

I don't believe that, your amazing dude. You put hard work into you're wallpaper. gg mate