How the reputation system should be used

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Just now, Deminu said:

You've already proven you can't be reasoned with as you'll continue to defend your ideals, so why bother anymore? She has the right idea.

Actually, I've pointed to examples to prove my point, while all you've done is say "nuh uh, you're a meanie", so uhm, actually, you're the one who can't be reasoned with. (That means your infantile sister, too.)

3 hours ago, ElvenShot said:

Actually, I've pointed to examples to prove my point, while all you've done is say "nuh uh, you're a meanie", so uhm, actually, you're the one who can't be reasoned with. (That means your infantile sister, too.)

3 hours ago, ElvenShot said:

(That means your infantile sister, too.)

tumblr_inline_oadprmRwav1ru9v2l_500.gif

I didn't mean for this to become a huge deal. I tried to not argue too much but it seems it didn't really matter as other people came in. I want to put out my final thoughts and wrap this up.

2 hours ago, ElvenShot said:

I disagree, I think that's exactly how it should be. You can't just go on silly fits of passion and contribute nothing the community actually wants. Risk and reward. If there was no risk, then nobody would contribute anything worthwhile.

I agree with this. The only reason I said it was sad was because creators can become trapped and become forced to make things they don't want to. When that happens, the quality of the content will go down and no one will be happy. 

To the people downvoting Elvenshot, you shouldn't be downvoting all of his comments (there are some harsh ones though) as he has given points to backup his side of the argument. I personally won't hold any grudges for him having a different way of thinking.

I just think that people shouldn't downvote content with a lot of effort given to it just because they don't like what it is based around. Its like drawing a really good pikachu at a school and your classmates bully you for liking pokemon. Its hard to backup our side of the argument because we are just trying to be nice to the creators instead of pushing them to the side.

Edited by GbStudio

6 minutes ago, GbStudio said:

I didn't mean for this to become a huge deal. I tried to not argue too much but it seems it didn't really matter as other people came in. I want to put out my final thoughts and wrap this up.

I agree with this. The only reason I said it was sad was because creators can become trapped and become forced to make things they don't want to. When that happens, the quality of the content will go down and no one will be happy. 

To the people downvoting Elvenshot, you shouldn't be downvoting all of his comments (there are some harsh ones though) as he has given points to backup his side of the argument. I personally won't hold any grudges for him having a different way of thinking.

I just think that people shouldn't downvote content with a lot of effort given to it just because they don't like what it is based around. Its like drawing a really good pikachu at a school and your classmates bully you for liking pokemon. Its hard to backup our side of the argument because we are just trying to be nice to the creators instead of pushing them to the side.

Fair enough, I suppose. However I'd rather the "risk and reward" free market of content. Without it, content stagnates, and gets unoriginal. The last few years since the removal of the down rep have proven such.

5 minutes ago, ElvenShot said:

Without it, content stagnates, and gets unoriginal. 

That will only happen even more if Frossa doesn't decide to keep the downvoting option. Hopefully no one screws it up and gets him to remove it (if not already).

Edited by GbStudio

4 minutes ago, GbStudio said:

That will only happen even more if Frossa decides to doesn't keep the downvoting option. Hopefully no one screws it up and gets him to remove it (if not already).

Like I said, it'll take an AndyMan 2.0 (dunno if you were there for that) to crash the downvote system.

Or maybe what Deminu and his posse were doing during this argument, downvote everything the other person says (I did downvote their pointless images, but other than that, nein), and do nothing. That is the kind of thing that will kill the system.

Also, Kudos to you for actually having a reasonable discussion.

Edited by ElvenShot

in this topic, i've seen the two sides of elvenshot, the fight of him and deminu, and gbstudio being a nice person (again)

i think the system is taking the most interesting side of us outside, i feel like a crazy sciencist with his experiment 8D

actually... I HAVE AN IDEA

14 hours ago, Heavenira said:

Oh my gosh, you just reminded of this:

you reminded me of how i got 2 points and disable my privilage to comment for a week

it was fun to jump on the bandwagon, but i took it too far.

i still have the video in my old files btw

p.s. @ElvenShot dono owes you 10$

p.s.s. i just realized david upvoted your post

Something about that seems very.... corrupted....

This topic was simply glorious to read, but something you still fail to realize is that it is very unlikely for anyone to lose absolutely massive amounts of reputation from people downrepping their fad topics and such. There will always be people uprepping those as well, making the loss of reputation very minimal or non existent. Now this probably won't apply if someone makes something especially bad.. but at the end of the day anyone should just deal with their downrep, unless it was unjust, meaning abuse, which is against the rules (another thing people failed to realize). Now, you're all making it seem like these new members that join are gonna be super upset because someone gave them a downrep.. I highly doubt that, honestly they probably couldn't care less, as for established members, relax.. please.. you're not gonna lose 100 rep if you post some stupid fad or Undеrtale topic.

Now as for the main "argument" here. Stop. With. This. Nonsense.
This stupid "if u dunt liek it then just leve" thing is.. well, stupid. If people have an option to downrep something they feel is worthy of it, why prevent them from doing so? Why do this pointless "u need to gib reason" thing? Why? For example, if someone posted something like this https://snag.gy/ilscM1.jpg is it really necessary to "give a reason"? Really now? If you're gonna respond with yes, then you're lying and using a stupid arguing tactic.

Now Deminu.. oh boy. You (and well others but I don't care about them :|) have shown such hypocrisy here, it's amazing. Downrepping several of ElvenShot's posts without giving that "precious reason" of yours. Lovely.

Have fun downrepping my post, it's not "spam" or "trolling", so I assume you'll have to give a reason according to your logic, can't wait to see it!

Edited by tditdatdwt

Adding a down-vote option makes sense for topics, but by looking at arguments, what do yall think about this option on comments?

I'm too lazy to explain, but basically people on one side of the argument will like comments they agree on and dislike comments against their opinion, but it's opinion, so should comments really be downvoted?

Ok new moral here, only dislike comments that contain spam n such I guess, makes sense to dislike thouse :/

If it's going against your opinion,I don't see any reason to dislike nor like them, IF they don't have fact behind and it's just abuse, probably 

Edited by Ninjabee_Redtricity

16 hours ago, tditdatdwt said:

This topic was simply glorious to read, but something you still fail to realize is that it is very unlikely for anyone to lose absolutely massive amounts of reputation from people downrepping their fad topics and such. There will always be people uprepping those as well, making the loss of reputation very minimal or non existent. Now this probably won't apply if someone makes something especially bad.. but at the end of the day anyone should just deal with their downrep, unless it was unjust, meaning abuse, which is against the rules (another thing people failed to realize). Now, you're all making it seem like these new members that join are gonna be super upset because someone gave them a downrep.. I highly doubt that, honestly they probably couldn't care less, as for established members, relax.. please.. you're not gonna lose 100 rep if you post some stupid fad or Undеrtale topic.

Now as for the main "argument" here. Stop. With. This. Nonsense.
This stupid "if u dunt liek it then just leve" thing is.. well, stupid. If people have an option to downrep something they feel is worthy of it, why prevent them from doing so? Why do this pointless "u need to gib reason" thing? Why? For example, if someone posted something like this https://snag.gy/ilscM1.jpg is it really necessary to "give a reason"? Really now? If you're gonna respond with yes, then you're lying and using a stupid arguing tactic.

Now Deminu.. oh boy. You (and well others but I don't care about them :|) have shown such hypocrisy here, it's amazing. Downrepping several of ElvenShot's posts without giving that "precious reason" of yours. Lovely.

Have fun downrepping my post, it's not "spam" or "trolling", so I assume you'll have to give a reason according to your logic, can't wait to see it!

I can't believe you actually posted something in a non-sarcastic manner

Moreover, your opinion is well built and agreeable

Now i don't hate you anymore (i don't even remember why i was, but meh)

Ontopic:

I must agree with tdit here, if you like something, give it an upvote, and if not, then just downvote it. and while it is true that you don't have to give any reason for that, you should still leave a comment saying what you think is wrong, and more importantly, how can it be improved.

And for the Trolls who just downrep for fun, don't forget that Mods and Admins are present in the forums, and it's easy to spot trolls and not target a normal member for downvoting because you can just look at their rep history, therefore warning or even banning those who deserve it

Edited by Shane