Top Topics

I really hugging' wish that mineimatorforums was more like reddit in the sense that the topics that are more upvoted are shown in some way cause right now, its [AS SOON AS 5 NEW TOPICS ARE CREATED - YOU'RE DONE].

Both me (And im sure a bunch of other users) would wish that topics would get a little more recognition. Like, right now a topic about.. lets see.. a (very bad) sword rig or something would get as many views as a very long amazingly fluid animation with a lot of likes. Thats just a disservice to both the animator and the user browsing the forums.

EVEN SWITCHING THE "ANNOUNCEMENTS" PART WITH TOP 5 TOPICS OF THE WEEK OR MAKING A TAB ON THE "RECENT TOPICS" FOR THE "TOP TOPICS"

This would also fix the general view of mineimator as a lesser animation program from an outsider since all the (not so good) topics would get sifted. This is actually how Youtube displays videos. The more people who like it, the more common it is to pop up when searching.

Of couse this tab is optional so the people who are against this could just not open the tab. This is a good middle ground of both sides.

This would be a very good thing both for the general topic creator and the forum as a whole.

But I'm calling it. @David or @Frossa will just say its impossible because of website limitations

I would say "upvote so david can see this" but that would only work if this suggestion was implemented.

Inb4> hate comments

Edited by Skjold

Just now, SDWAN said:

if this EVER gets implemented (hopefully it doesnt). im just waiting to see the amount of skibbz to pics that are apparent.

Have you actually noticed how few topics SKIBBZ has made? This top topics would only be shown up there in a certain amount of time. Like reddit. Yes, Reddit is the best website to compare this to. And havent you ever seen that one topic that looks really amazing and you wish that more people saw it? I certainly have.

4 minutes ago, Skjold said:

Have you actually noticed how few topics SKIBBZ has made? This top topics would only be shown up there in a certain amount of time. Like reddit. Yes, Reddit is the best website to compare this to. And havent you ever seen that one topic that looks really amazing and you wish that more people saw it? I certainly have.

calm down it's just a prank bro there's a camera over there joke

8 minutes ago, Skjold said:

Is this because your lamp rig didn't get the attention you wanted?

(Don't get me wrong. It's just because I've seen some statuses from you about it...)

Edited by Marty McFly

7 minutes ago, Skjold said:

Im just sayin... its just that type of thing that would happen the most.

Just now, Marty McFly said:

Is this because your lamp rig didn't get the attention you wanted?

(Don't get me wrong. It's just because I've seen some statuses from you about it...)

Actually, I havent released that rig yet. And the fact that you remember it, I think its quite the success.

Only shown work in progress screenshots.

I think having the recent topics where everyone can see what people post, regardless of their popularity or status is a really good way to give equal attention to everyone's posts. If it was just like youtube, We'd only see all the big forumers' content and the newcomers or less popular people would get pushed down to the bottom, making it extremely hard to get people to see their stuff.

Although, I do think it wouldn't hurt to have some sort of an "Admin-Approved" kind of category that showcases some of the best topics and examples of how to use the program. This could also be controlled by an actual person, so it wouldn't be based on likes or some random algorithm... That'd actually be pretty cool to make a topic and then have it be Admin Approved for the week... it may really motivate people to actually post good topics... David or Frossa.. you guys should look into this :P

Edited by Ironwave Studios