Animation #5 - Past vs Present

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Just to get things straight, this is not a self-harm ripoff, I kinda had an idea for this before I knew what self harm was. This is part of a series named OC battles I am producing, where I animate an OC I made fighting another OC I made. Just saying that in advance because I know someone will think Im ripping off of self harm. Also, this is my fith animation I ever made. :P and it's been like months since I last animated.

(warning) the parts of the animation before the fight suck... alot. I kinda rushed those parts.

Can I request a mod to lock the topic? too many people are calling me a SELF HARM ripoff without even knowing anything behind this, and if u want to hate on me for ripping it off then read this:

(is requesting a mod to lock something minimodding? I already got a strike 4 minimodding b4... I dont want another)

Im assuming none of u read the text...this is it's own seperate series besides self harm... completly diffrent... the fact that I had a past self of me fighting a present self of me does NOT make me a rip off. Did I use 1 of his ideas? Yes, I did have a loading screen like his... BUT did his have the two fighters side-byside, and the stage design is not a ripoff either, the fighters are sorcerers who can create dimensions ground and whole new worlds, and a floating ender island was the perfect incarnation of a rushed to create incomplete world that MY character in the present created to escape my past self... It's not a ripoff... is it similar? YES the past vs present thing was... but that was mereley a coincidence, while I do like that your standing up for someone cyro, it's not a copyrighted idea even if I tried to rip it of... that's final... and like I said, I came up with the idea before I even knew what self harm was...

Anyways, take your hate away... you obviously dont know anything about the animation if your going to call it a rip off. And thanks to those people, a nearly perfect day of mine got ruined... thanks alot...

Edited by Jmanbeatsminecraft

lol this is nearly 100% ripped off of self harm but not even done well. you should be ashamed.

im sorry but.. its at times like this i need a :-1: button.. you didnt even leave constructive feedback or even said how its similar to selfharm :( now YOU sir, CryoMCGod..*PUTS ON SUNGLASSES :cool:should be ashamed.

1327788136911.jpg

Edited by Skjold

lol this is nearly 100% ripped off of self harm but not even done well. you should be ashamed.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Being a self-proclaimed god doesn't give you, nor anybody, the excuse to be so harsh!  :(

Besides, self harm is the act of literally, physically harming yourself! It isn't owned or copyrighted by any individual!

It's like dissing Emunator for his suicide topic!

Nobody should be ashamed for working hard on an animation, especially in a time like this, where everybody is too busy refreshing the Forum homepage.

I hate it when people use 'lol' in their negative comments.

It truly just confirms the poster's ignorance of other's feelings in the said situation.

Edited by abdullah1579

:facepalm: YOU should be ashamed.. this animation is great,it's smooth,and it even got a story... AAAAAND Self Harm is just a series with only old and new fighting with no particular reasons...

Thought it was going to be PastTheMidnight versus like a box with a bow on it. 8D

Says the guy who has a god for an OC.

what a ripoff, amirite

Ripped God's idea off :I_approve:

But seriously, let's not push it. We don't want him to dislike us, now do we?

So, we're still good, right, Cryo? :)

lol

im sorry but.. its at times like this i need a :-1: button.. you didnt even leave constructive feedback or even said how its similar to selfharm :( now YOU sir, CryoMCGod..*PUTS ON SUNGLASSES :cool:should be ashamed.

1327788136911.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Being a self-proclaimed god doesn't give you, nor anybody, the excuse to be so harsh!  :(

Besides, self harm is the act of literally, physically harming yourself! It isn't owned or copyrighted by any individual!

Nobody should be ashamed for working hard on an animation, especially in a time like this, where everybody is too busy refreshing the Forum homepage.

It truly just confirms the poster's ignorance of other's feelings in the said situation.

:facepalm: YOU should be ashamed.. this animation is great,it's smooth,and it even got a story... AAAAAND Self Harm is just a series with only old and new fighting with no particular reasons...

Tell me its not a terrible attempt to copy something after you see effusions selfharm episode. The poses at the begining, the loading screen, the type of map, its a wannabe wether you like it or not.

Bro, are you serious? This is a blatant ripoff of SKIBBZ and my Self Harm series. I have lost so much respect from you. And if you don't think it's a ripoff, look at my video (which was uploaded a week ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7gHOeT9mM&list=UUro6_X9urU_v9Udj2jaR9ig

Bro, are you serious? This is a blatant ripoff of SKIBBZ and my Self Harm series. I have lost so much respect from you. And if you don't think it's a ripoff, look at my video (which was uploaded a week ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7gHOeT9mM&list=UUro6_X9urU_v9Udj2jaR9ig

I'll have to go with him here.

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Nah. Self harm is a series that I made with SKIBBZ. It's about your newest character fighting your older(Or oldest) character, hence the Self Harm (Since you are fighting yourself). If you want proof that he ripped it off, I posted episode 1 of self harm in the comments.

Nah. Self harm is a series that I made with SKIBBZ. It's about your newest character fighting your older(Or oldest) character, hence the Self Harm (Since you are fighting yourself). If you want proof that he ripped it off, I posted episode 1 of self harm in the comments.

wait... if your fighting yourself, won't the pain on your older guy hurt the... wait, thats past vs present. all i am saying is that this video doesn't make a whole lot of sense and that if the past self is killed the present self can be killed. Jman, i think you need to be more senseful when you make videos :P btw its completely different from self harm

Edited by branchycougar41

Uber slams the foot down

no uh whatever

This is not a ripoff. I can easily see some clear distinctions from this and the episode that was linked. Is he not allowed to make fight animations with himself? Are you able to copyright an idea? Of course not. That would be silly right?

I'm not censoring any comments here since there isn't much reason, but that's my judgment folks.

Über slams the foot down

no uh whatever

This is not a ripoff. I can easily see some clear distinctions from this and the episode that was linked. Is he not allowed to make fight animations with himself? Are you able to copyright an idea? Of course not. That would be silly right?

I'm not censoring any comments here since there isn't much reason, but that's my judgment folks.

Nooooooooo..... you got me all wrong I didnt mean that he cant make a fight animations against him self its just the fact that he saying that he basicly made it first. but its obviously inspired by self harm.

PLEASE READ THIS ARGUMENT

Thank you ^-^

This is obviously not a blatant rip-off of self-harm. He's doing his own series called OC Battles, which are not strictly past vs. present, but just between different OC's. Jman has just chosen to battle his own OC against his new and improved OC. Self-Harm, however, is SKIN AGAINST SKIN. Guys, read into things before you post stupid stuff.
It's just an animation, and should be critique'd as such, with as little bias as possible.

Jman, I urge you not to feel like you're being targeted like some people on this forum have come to be (coughcoughsdwancoughcough). I can tell you worked hard on this, and just a little bit of constructive criticism:
 1. Make sure your characters' actions make sense. Keep them moving, dodging, fluid. As a tip: use more variety of transitions.
 2. For your music... start the battle with the intense part of the music, not at the buildup. Like, when the characters are readying, use the buildup, then, when the first strike comes, use the main part.
The AfterEffects effects were very well done, though :D

Über slams the foot down

no uh whatever

I'm not trying to go against what you say but, he even copied the intro. Sure he added a little story to it, but he even had the loading screen with a picture of the map, the character fighting, and the little running man as a loading thing. Sure it's not copyrighted, but if he said that it was inspired, then it would be fine, but he said it had no relation, so I feel that it's copied.

Über slams the foot down

no uh whatever

the only two similarities i see are the steve walking in the loading screen and the map. because if you change the map from dirt to endstone they will look very similar. 

ontopic:

animation could use some work. like when he killed the ender dragon in the beginning it looked like he just jolted down and then BAM the dragon was dead. since we couldn't see his sword it looked a bit awkward. also the fight animation needs to be a tad bit more fluid. hell what am i talking about, i cant even make fighting animations. who am i to criticize someone for doing something a bit poorly when I cant even do it at all. 

oh yeah dont forget to add in animatronic animals, that seems to draw attention here, and on youtube, and on the whole goddamn internet for some reason...