Animation #5 - Past vs Present

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Nooooooooo..... you got me all wrong I didnt mean that he cant make a fight animations against him self its just the fact that he saying that he basicly made it first. but its obviously inspired by self harm.

I get that he should have noted that it was inspired by self harm, but he doesn't have to. Wouldn't people infer that if they had watched it?

lol this is nearly 100% ripped off of self harm but not even done well. you should be ashamed.

Bro, are you serious? This is a blatant ripoff of SKIBBZ and my Self Harm series. I have lost so much respect from you. And if you don't think it's a ripoff, look at my video (which was uploaded a week ago)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw7gHOeT9mM&list=UUro6_X9urU_v9Udj2jaR9ig

Im assuming none of u read the text...this is it's own seperate series besides self harm... completly diffrent... the fact that I had a past self of me fighting a present self of me does NOT make me a rip off. Did I use 1 of his ideas? Yes, I did have a loading screen like his... BUT did his have the two fighters side-byside, and the stage design is not a ripoff either, the fighters are sorcerers who can create dimensions ground and whole new worlds, and a floating ender island was the perfect incarnation of a rushed to create incomplete world that MY character in the present created to escape my past self... It's not a ripoff... is it similar? YES the past vs present thing was... but that was mereley a coincidence, while I do like that your standing up for someone cyro, it's not a copyrighted idea even if I tried to rip it of... that's final... and like I said, I came up with the idea before I even knew what self harm was...

the only two similarities i see are the steve walking in the loading screen and the map. because if you change the map from dirt to endstone they will look very similar. 

ontopic:

animation could use some work. like when he killed the ender dragon in the beginning it looked like he just jolted down and then BAM the dragon was dead. since we couldn't see his sword it looked a bit awkward. also the fight animation needs to be a tad bit more fluid. hell what am i talking about, i cant even make fighting animations. who am i to criticize someone for doing something a bit poorly when I cant even do it at all. 

oh yeah dont forget to add in animatronic animals, that seems to draw attention here, and on youtube, and on the whole goddamn internet for some reason...

yea... and the loading screen + steve walking animation was the only thing I got inspired

PLEASE READ THIS ARGUMENT

Thank you ^-^

This is obviously not a blatant rip-off of self-harm. He's doing his own series called OC Battles, which are not strictly past vs. present, but just between different OC's. Jman has just chosen to battle his own OC against his new and improved OC. Self-Harm, however, is SKIN AGAINST SKIN. Guys, read into things before you post stupid stuff.

It's just an animation, and should be critique'd as such, with as little bias as possible.

Jman, I urge you not to feel like you're being targeted like some people on this forum have come to be (coughcoughsdwancoughcough). I can tell you worked hard on this, and just a little bit of constructive criticism:

1. Make sure your characters' actions make sense. Keep them moving, dodging, fluid. As a tip: use more variety of transitions.

2. For your music... start the battle with the intense part of the music, not at the buildup. Like, when the characters are readying, use the buildup, then, when the first strike comes, use the main part.

The AfterEffects effects were very well done, though :D

THX! I think that cyro and surfluferbot were taking things a bit too seriously... I was quite offended when I saw two of the animators I looked up to hating on me without even knowing what they were hating on... I really was offended no joke

lol this is nearly 100% ripped off of self harm but not even done well. you should be ashamed.

oh and cyro, atleast I didn't reuse the most cliched idea of making yourself into a god.

Im assuming none of u read the text...this is it's own seperate series besides self harm... completly diffrent... the fact that I had a past self of me fighting a present self of me does NOT make me a rip off. Did I use 1 of his ideas? Yes, I did have a loading screen like his... BUT did his have the two fighters side-byside, and the stage design is not a ripoff either, the fighters are sorcerers who can create dimensions ground and whole new worlds, and a floating ender island was the perfect incarnation of a rushed to create incomplete world that MY character in the present created to escape my past self... It's not a ripoff... is it similar? YES the past vs present thing was... but that was mereley a coincidence, while I do like that your standing up for someone cyro, it's not a copyrighted idea even if I tried to rip it of... that's final... and like I said, I came up with the idea before I even knew what self harm was...

yea... and the loading screen + steve walking animation was the only thing I got inspired

THX! I think that cyro and surfluferbot were taking things a bit too seriously... I was quite offended when I saw two of the animators I looked up to hating on me without even knowing what they were hating on... I really was offended no joke

Sorry. I thought you were trying to copy my series. I apologize

Sorry. I thought you were trying to copy my series. I apologize

no offense taken, I knew that it was a misunderstanding since I figured u just read the topic name and assumed that it was a ripoff, but a tip, please do read the topic before accusing someone :P

no offense taken, I knew that it was a misunderstanding since I figured u just read the topic name and assumed that it was a ripoff, but a tip, please do read the topic before accusing someone :P

I did read the topic, but I thought you were just saying it wasn't Self Harm and I got all defensive.

oh and cyro, atleast I didn't reuse the most cliched idea of making yourself into a god.

your oc is a steve with a black shirt im done here like legit this time Über,

Just to get things straight, this is not a self-harm ripoff, I kinda had an idea for this before I knew what self harm was. This is part of a series named OC battles I am producing, where I animate an OC I made fighting another OC I made. Just saying that in advance because I know someone will think Im ripping off of self harm. Also, this is my fith animation I ever made. :P and it's been like months since I last animated.

(warning) the parts of the animation before the fight suck... alot. I kinda rushed those parts.

man, this topic is lonely...

were not saying the animation was the same we're saying the concept is EXACTLY the same...

I'll have to go with him here.

to you, effusion, the tan james, (who are probably the people who disliked the video without knowing anything about it) if your reading this know this: 

were not saying the animation was the same we're saying the concept is EXACTLY the same...

Im assuming none of u read the text...this is it's own seperate series besides self harm... completly diffrent... the fact that I had a past self of me fighting a present self of me does NOT make me a rip off. Did I use 1 of his ideas? Yes, I did have a loading screen like his... BUT did his have the two fighters side-byside, and the stage design is not a ripoff either, the fighters are sorcerers who can create dimensions ground and whole new worlds, and a floating ender island was the perfect incarnation of a rushed to create incomplete world that MY character in the present created to escape my past self... It's not a ripoff... is it similar? YES the past vs present thing was... but that was mereley a coincidence, while I do like that your standing up for someone cyro, it's not a copyrighted idea even if I tried to rip it of... that's final... and like I said, I came up with the idea before I even knew what self harm was... Oh and honestly to effusion, i understand u being mad, I mean who wouldn't be mad when they thought that their hard work was being ripped off?

oh and effusion, the closest things to the concept being the same were the past vs present thing and the loading screen (which I admit to taking from self harm so creds there) this is a series where I pit my OC's against eachother and I felt that making the series open with a past vs present fight would be cool... so I did it. as simple as that... A viarity of my OCS will be fighting, like Huntress, a female hunter, Enderbrine, herobrines mutated form, young Jman, a young version of me, JKIBBZ (totally not skibbz ripoff using a modified version of his skin)  :D and inverse me... do those characters seem like past and present versions of diffrent people? NO! There clones, rule 63s mutations and evil clones of me... theres a diffrence between two diffrent cliches... a big one too

your oc is a steve with a black shirt im done here like legit this time Über,

I admit my past version of me OC was a steve in a black chestplate, however, that OC was based off my skin when I was a big minecraft noob... my current OC/skin is the guy who won the fight... Which is a complete diffrent skin made from scratch...

to you, effusion, the tan james, (who are probably the people who disliked the video without knowing anything about it) if your reading this know this: 

Im assuming none of u read the text...this is it's own seperate series besides self harm... completly diffrent... the fact that I had a past self of me fighting a present self of me does NOT make me a rip off. Did I use 1 of his ideas? Yes, I did have a loading screen like his... BUT did his have the two fighters side-byside, and the stage design is not a ripoff either, the fighters are sorcerers who can create dimensions ground and whole new worlds, and a floating ender island was the perfect incarnation of a rushed to create incomplete world that MY character in the present created to escape my past self... It's not a ripoff... is it similar? YES the past vs present thing was... but that was mereley a coincidence, while I do like that your standing up for someone cyro, it's not a copyrighted idea even if I tried to rip it of... that's final... and like I said, I came up with the idea before I even knew what self harm was... Oh and honestly to effusion, i understand u being mad, I mean who wouldn't be mad when they thought that their hard work was being ripped off?

K im done arguing 

Edited by Effusion

thx! :D It's nice to know that not everyone thinks I ripped off of self harm... I should've never used the me vs me theme to kickstart the series...

yeah.. i also had this idea xD tho i feel the begining is atleast a little bit inspired by self harm :3 but thats just my opinion

Lock this topic pls

The Drama is 2 reel

I didn't Dislike the video. And i had the same problem as fluffy. I thought that you were taking credit for somebody elses idea. But now i get what your saying. 

yeah.. i also had this idea xD tho i feel the begining is atleast a little bit inspired by self harm :3 but thats just my opinion

a bit... the loading screen was

Suprised i can still reply, i already finished my popcorn!

Anyways, i dont want to say anything about the... Self harm related thing but...

The animation is a bit weird. Some parts are too fast or unrealistic. Anyways... good job?

any improvements? This was my fith animation afterall

Lock this topic pls

The Drama is 2 reel

I didn't Dislike the video. And i had the same problem as fluffy. I thought that you were taking credit for somebody elses idea. But now i get what your saying. 

ok, glad to clear this up w/ everyone. :P

even if it is a ripped self harm (i'm not saying) its still a very good animation

awwwww shucks :3

even if it is a ripped self harm (i'm not saying) its still a very good animation

163255_1338717566488_full.jpg

Edited by Jmanbeatsminecraft