Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I finished another wallpaper, I hope you like it. CC is appreciated but if you can't say it kindly please don't say anything.

full

And because everyone's getting on me about adding creatures, here:

Spoiler

GYcKNQo.png

Edited by TheJeweledWolf

Alrighty I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this before in some of your wallpapers but this could use a little more than just a fountain and good lighting, like maybe some animals, parrots flying through the sky, and maybe 1 or 2 humans?

Anyways, I like what you’re doing atm, but just could use more. 8.6/10

1 minute ago, Mineshaft Animation said:

Alrighty I’m pretty sure other people have mentioned this before in some of your wallpapers but this could use a little more than just a fountain and good lighting, like maybe some animals, parrots flying through the sky, and maybe 1 or 2 humans?

Anyways, I like what you’re doing atm, but just could use more. 8.6/10

I literally thought about that after I posted. *sigh*

I think the animals ruined the aesthetic and I don't agree with Mineshaft at all. Here's what I think about the original:

The point of wallpapers like these is to showcase the scenery in a certain tone. But you can only get so far with that when the scenery isn't that good. The fountain's floating water looks extremely unnatural, and it doesn't add to the tone you're going for. The reason that hurts the wallpaper is because it's displayed most prominently in the scene. It's basically what the whole wallpaper is about. And when your tone is supposed to portray a sort of "natural beauty" sort of vibe, the unnatural water of the fountain taking a majority of the screen can detract from it immensely. Unfortunately there aren't many good-looking options for Minecraft fountains, so I'd honestly just stay away from fountains entirely. And we also see a big hole in the scenery when we look through the fountain's water.

I like the resource pack. No complaints there. I think it really compliments the lighting cast onto the trees. The lighting is alright but the dark, moody lighting in the park area contrasts greatly with the sky we see above. Whether or not the difference was intentional, it may look more natural if we see some sort of rays to transition us between the different lighting levels, since the darkness is caused by the trees and buildings. Rays might give us a good barrier to make it easier to recognize the reason behind the contrast. Don't quote me on that though, there may be better methods.

That'll be all from me. I think the additions Mineshaft suggested make the wallpaper more busy, yes, but that isn't what the wallpaper is trying to be. It creates an even bigger clash in mood than it already had.

Keep at it though, I think it could look fantastic after a bit more practice.

15 hours ago, Rollo said:

I think the animals ruined the aesthetic and I don't agree with Mineshaft at all. Here's what I think about the original:

The point of wallpapers like these is to showcase the scenery in a certain tone. But you can only get so far with that when the scenery isn't that good. The fountain's floating water looks extremely unnatural, and it doesn't add to the tone you're going for. The reason that hurts the wallpaper is because it's displayed most prominently in the scene. It's basically what the whole wallpaper is about. And when your tone is supposed to portray a sort of "natural beauty" sort of vibe, the unnatural water of the fountain taking a majority of the screen can detract from it immensely. Unfortunately there aren't many good-looking options for Minecraft fountains, so I'd honestly just stay away from fountains entirely. And we also see a big hole in the scenery when we look through the fountain's water.

I like the resource pack. No complaints there. I think it really compliments the lighting cast onto the trees. The lighting is alright but the dark, moody lighting in the park area contrasts greatly with the sky we see above. Whether or not the difference was intentional, it may look more natural if we see some sort of rays to transition us between the different lighting levels, since the darkness is caused by the trees and buildings. Rays might give us a good barrier to make it easier to recognize the reason behind the contrast. Don't quote me on that though, there may be better methods.

That'll be all from me. I think the additions Mineshaft suggested make the wallpaper more busy, yes, but that isn't what the wallpaper is trying to be. It creates an even bigger clash in mood than it already had.

Keep at it though, I think it could look fantastic after a bit more practice.

I love the scenery, but I'll look for better ones next time. Also, I'm not seeing the big whole when you look through the waterfall. Where is it?

I couldn't get the light to actually shine in the park area, the schematic has buildings behind it and around it. I also don't know how to use rays yet, but I could probably learn.