Being banned (Question)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So, I've seen people who said they've been banned, but they were unbanned, and i'd like to ask how that works. I mean, is it an automatic thing that happens after a certain amount of time or does someone have to let you back in? and if its the former, then when are you unbanned?

14 hours ago, Alex2806 said:

Actually, don't break rules - you won't get banned and u won't have a warning point which will never expire

Sometimes you either forget rules... or...

aren't sure how to measure pixels... XD

Cuz those both happened to me. So I was asking what would happen coming-back-wise if I got banned.

I, actually unbanned, like, right now. Trust me, it wasn't  good feeling. I've been banned for a year and a half, and after begging frossa I got unbanned.

Don't get banned son, trust me, it sucks

2 hours ago, ~ab~the~apple~lover~ said:

I, actually unbanned, like, right now. Trust me, it wasn't  good feeling. I've been banned for a year and a half, and after begging frossa I got unbanned.

Oh I'm sure it's depressing. Hoping it doesn't happen... but if it does, wanna know how to, y'know, comeback after a year at the least.

10 hours ago, ~ab~the~apple~lover~ said:

Welcome back dude :D
And it's a year long ban, not year and a half (Unless something changed while I was gone)

On 2/29/2016 at 0:10 AM, ~ab~the~apple~lover~ said:

Oh hey! You're back my friend!

Anyways, moving on to the topic.<_<

I haven't get banned. But I prevent myself going back to the Forums for some reasons which is kinda a banishment for me and it really sucks on the first 4 weeks. In the end, you'll get over with and moving on to another place. So it's 50-50. You can go to another forum or Facebook or just wait for 1 year till your banishment has been expired. My God. Where could Hax been?

21 hours ago, Notorious TheRageMC said:

Oh hey! You're back my friend!

Anyways, moving on to the topic.<_<

I haven't get banned. But I prevent myself going back to the Forums for some reasons which is kinda a banishment for me and it really sucks on the first 4 weeks. In the end, you'll get over with and moving on to another place. So it's 50-50. You can go to another forum or Facebook or just wait for 1 year till your banishment has been expired. My God. Where could Hax been?

Ay. You're back again

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:55 PM, Astro Animations said:

Sometimes you either forget rules... or...

Hidden Content

Cuz those both happened to me. So I was asking what would happen coming-back-wise if I got banned.

I swear you've said that before... xD

Been a former mod, allow me to shed some more light on how things go around here:

Being Banned:

• If you gain 10 warning points the whole time you are here, you are banned on your 10th point. You must wait roughly a year* before you are allowed to make a new account to ask for your position back.
    • Making alternate accounts to access the forums to circumvent the ban will only extend your sentence.
      • Repeated alts will forbid you from coming back at all along with an IP ban to boot.
    • Any method of communication to the forums directly via a friends account will most likely spoil your chances of returning within one year
    • *roughly a year means with good behavior mods will sometimes make an exception.
    • You may contact members of the forums directly via services such as Skype or Steam.
  • Being banned makes it so that you no longer have control of your account. You may still view the forums and browse the content on the forums, however you can no longer post topics, reply to statuses, or make PMs to members.
    • In some cases, mods will make the final warning point last a year and then it is revoked along with the ability to PM users so you are able let a mod know to begin the returning process
  • There are 2 types of bans. An account ban and an IP ban.
    • Account ban: Your normal restrictions are revoked however you can still browse the website.
    • IP ban: You are prevented from viewing the website at all. In most cases you will be told how long your sentence is to this in your final warning point.

Warning Points:

• Warning points seem permanent, but can actually be appealed. Methods of appeal are:
    • Time: If you have a specific offense (such as spam) and you have not done it again within the last 6 months, you can appeal all forms of spam-related points.
    • Good behavior: If a whole year has passed with absolutely no offenses of any kind appearing on your record, there is a possibility you can ask a mod about removing points. They make take away some or they may take away all of them. Depends on the case.
    • While you can remove the number of points you have, every appeal and every initial warning point will stay on your record for good. Mods and admins only will have access to the information related to your warning points and no-one else will.

Returning to the forums:

• If you return, your account is first put on probation. You start with 9 warning points and any serious offense will get you banned.
    • Mods may add mod queue to their discretion or not. It varies on a case-by-case basis.
    • The 9 warning points are removed after the mods believe you have truly learned your lesson and are ready to return.
  • After enough time passes, the probation phase will end and you will be allowed to return to the forums as a normal member again. All features will return to your control and you will have total control of your account with a fresh new start.
    • Mods will take some offenses into account based on your previous history. Remember that.

Hope that answers absolutely every question you have. If you have any more questions, PM a mod or me for more info.

Edited by ÜberKiller

On 3/5/2016 at 5:00 PM, ÜberKiller said:

Returning to the forums:

• If you return, your account is first put on probation. You start with 9 warning points and any serious offense will get you banned.
    • Mods may add mod queue to their discretion or not. It varies on a case-by-case basis.
    • The 9 warning points are removed after the mods believe you have truly learned your lesson and are ready to return.
  • After enough time passes, the probation phase will end and you will be allowed to return to the forums as a normal member again. All features will return to your control and you will have total control of your account with a fresh new start.
    • Mods will take some offenses into account based on your previous history. Remember that.

All of what you said is true, but the part I left in never happened to me. Are there some circumstances where the above doesn't happen?

6 minutes ago, Garnet638 said:

All of what you said is true, but the part I left in never happened to me. Are there some circumstances where the above doesn't happen?

I suppose that is due to the fact that when we were mods at the time we were still trying to establish what to do in those circumstances.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, ÜberKiller said:
  • Warning Points:
  • Warning points seem permanent, but can actually be appealed. Methods of appeal are:
    • Time: If you have a specific offense (such as spam) and you have not done it again within the last 6 months, you can appeal all forms of spam-related points.
    • Good behavior: If a whole year has passed with absolutely no offenses of any kind appearing on your record, there is a possibility you can ask a mod about removing points. They make take away some or they may take away all of them. Depends on the case.
    • While you can remove the number of points you have, every appeal and every initial warning point will stay on your record for good. Mods and admins only will have access to the information related to your warning points and no-one else will.

would these be the same for warning points from offensive comments?