Self-Harm - Fight Animation -GasCreeper

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello Guys!

I'm finally back,recovered from a severe depression :)

Here's probably my smoothest,finest and most polished animation yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5676oI5YnA

Please don't embedd this video!

Just please!

Leave a like ;)

Oh,and I'm now working on My Collab :)

Edited by GasCreeper

Lack of sound effects kills it for me but meh, it was decent. not the best but decent.

I give it a 6.9/10

Yeah,Looking forward for your "better" animations.

I'm glad you're back with more awesomeness and less depression!

I'm gonna continue making my Self-Harm too ;)

Thank You!

ANd looking forward to your Self-Harm ;D

You know. If you didn't want any honesty from me. you could've told me that the first time.

Yeah, You gotta hate it when people who take constructive criticism as an insult

About the animation, it's really cool! I think SDWAN is right though, sound effects would make it better.

Where can you find this Self harm Collab thing? I want to take part!

It's not a collab

*cough* MIND THE WALL?

Thank you for adding some criticism or something to the anination. Reminding him on working on one of his projects without saying ANYTHING about the animation is really helpful.

On topic:

This was nice but the ending was a bit confusing o_o

Yeah,Looking forward for your "better" animations.

How about I do it then?

My opinion is around the same as SDWAN's. It needed sound effects. Silent films with music can normally work under the circumstances the visuals are the most fantastic thing on the planet, which is by no means easy to achieve. It works for the "Beautiful indie stories" genre of things, but not fight animations. People wanna hear those bone crunches and thwaps during each punch, but without those it kinda hurts to fill them in myself.

Now the good things, the visuals look great. Not a conventional style; something unique which is nice. The effect looked nice but the brightness was too much during some scenes. Trapcode Shine can't be abused, because even I've done it. While it creates a pretty effect, it doesn't look realistic. (However if realism was not intended to be achieved I'll let it pass)

Overall, I was happy to help on this one. But you gotta fix the stuff mentioned. It's not to insult your work, it's to help it get better. I mean, who would avoid that?

Very nice animation work in this! I didn't find the lack of SFX to be a huge distraction, but I agree with others that having them would have been an improvement. Perhaps going with a 300-style theme and adding some fantastical sounds would have given it that edge, while still going minimalist on the sound design? Just a thought.

Either way, great work. I enjoyed it!