Do you have motivation nowadays?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

A few years before, I was a happy-go-lucky animator that thought that I could animate as freely as I wanted. Not quite. As a Mine-imator supporter, i've protected the community from negative comments, swarming in my inbox. Now, with no fantasies about 1.0.0 coming out soon, and getting cussed off when I try to post a animation, I don't know if I could do this. I haven't released The Doctor, and people hate me for some reason. I've also seen members get attacked, so here's the question: Are you a bad guy? Just tell me. No "STUPID POST GET OFF THE FORUMS" thing or that. Just a clean, simple answer.

Its the amount of effort I put into one project that drops me, when I finish one then I want to chillax a bit, I know I have another to work on. Which means I have to put a lot of effort into that one too which is time consuming. Creativity gets the best of me.

Edited by SKIBBZ

I like to think I am a pretty nice guy. I am motivated to create animations but I am too much of a perfectionist in most cases and do not have the motivation to create any idea that I do not love 100%. I can spend days helping other people, but when it comes to doing something for me, I am too tired and too picky.

everyone has that small precent of idiots who hate them, but all you need to do is just ignore them.

let's say someone said your animation is bad, does  that automatically means that it's bad? no! it's what you think that matters, don't listen to the people who hate you.

(they have nothing else to do in their lives)

momentum is motivation for me, when I can see the progress I will push to finish things but if I can't see that finish line then it's very hard to get going.

If your a bad person trying to be good then doesn't that make you a good person?

I think there's a big grey area between being a good guy or a bad guy.

Motivation can be hard to find, but for me, there is one simple solution,when it comes to projects and games: DELETE EVERYTHING. All you MI files. Start over. Sounds crazy, but works like a charm.

Don't mind my friend here, she's crazy. Deleting everything is psychotic.

(It's k, we're friends so I can call her insane)

But anyway: I never have motivation. Ever.

I really struggle with motivation... I like to think I'm a respected forum member and have never gotten told off by anyone. But I have a hard time animating many of my projects because I don't know if they are good enough or not.

Don't mind my friend here, she's crazy. Deleting everything is psychotic.

(It's k, we're friends so I can call her insane)

But anyway: I never have motivation. Ever.

I DARE YOU, ELVEN. Stop playing/animating for a year and come back to create nostalgia, or delete everything for a fresh new start.

And yeah... I am kinda crazy... after all, I hang out in the asylum with the other roleplayers... hehehehehe

Motivation can be hard to find, but for me, there is one simple solution,when it comes to projects and games: DELETE EVERYTHING. All you MI files. Start over. Sounds crazy, but works like a charm.

Maybe I'll try that... not with the games though, just delete all the tons of unfinished projects I have in MI, bcuz it's those unfinished things staring straight at me that hurt my motivation.

But my biggest problem is actually the length of time in which a thing takes, If I realize that I'll be working on a thing for the next 5 days straight, all bets are off. The only time that I actually get in and start something is if I dont look at the big picture and feel crazy enough to just dive right in. Which is exactly how I finally started Legend of the Harbinger.