Behavior of other members (Now with 200% more TL;DR!)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Huh. So that's been happening on the forums.

Truth be told, no matter where you try and bully or so, mods will be able to see it. The problem is, they don't actually see it, because they don't know about it. That's the point of the report button, so that mods are aware of a specific post that may or may not violate the rules.

Thank you for this PSA.

Well said, i can agree on a lot of this, i have notice people fighting against things like fn@, showing no respect to each others opinions, and not even bothering being at least nice, and the part with bullying, i have never bothered to talk much about it, but people do it a lot knowadays, some people just like to be mean to others, to the point where it becomes bullying, and nobody notice, they just think it's a joke, as my teacher tells us, "if the other person is not okay with it, it's not a joke, it's bullying."

sometimes i don't even notice that i'm a part of a type of bullying,

At first I thought Über was gonna criticise each forumer one by one on this topic!

I wanna read my problems! xD

But in all seriousness, if Über did this, he'd probably get away with it. I mean, all most of us do is agree with and like everything mods do, right?  o.O

And there's a fair chance some of the listed 'problems' would be opinion-based. Det's why we don't have that in the first place. :I_approve:

It's not that we don't trust you, it's just... plz dun kill meh again D:

Edited by abdullah1579

At first I thought Uber was gonna criticise each forumer one by one on this topic!

I wanna read my problems! xD

But in all seriousness, if Uber did this, he'd probably get away with it. I mean, all most of us do is agree with and like everything mods do, right?  o.O

And there's a fair chance some of the listed 'problems' would be opinion-based. Det's why we don't have that in the first place. :I_approve:

It's not that we don't trust you, it's just... plz dun kill meh again D:

David is more unbiased than me. If he saw it happen, I'd lose my job and all trust here. I try to avoid it because there is much more at stake. I don't want to follow the route since the outcome isn't great.

I get what you mean though. Abuse of power is a serious issue and we don't take kindly to tyranny here.

Wanted to highlight this part. This is often the issue that comes into play when I see it happen. The way it's fronted by people is shown like a joke, but it's never consented by and they continue with it.

You bring up good points and help me understand what goes on through the minds of others doing these things.

We will not censor your comments

I just want to create a better forums. We've been doing a good job so far.

sure..

either way yea.. ok you're right about that.. people really should stop attacking allemn since they're honestly getting desperate to do it now..

if this has nothing to do with allemn and you just decided to write this "cuz" well.. ok

well i won't say anything else or i'll get "censored" for being "rude" or something.. with the the "crime" being "misquoting" or something.. which is ridiculous but owell..

This might sound weird, but this is probably this best post I've seen in a long time.

Because it's very relative to just about everyone.

But in all seriousness, if Uber did this, he'd probably get away with it. I mean, all most of us do is agree with and like everything mods do, right?  o.O

I forgot what the syndrome and effect of this is called but I'll post the psychological reasons why; (Note, this is has to do with real life and subconscious thoughts rather then internet)

1. Vulnerability: We are powerless against 'police/law' realistically. If you can't beat them, join them.
  2. Majority: No one wants to be the one alone guy who doesn't agree, so you follow the sheep.
  3. Trapped: You don't want to be alone, and you believe if you say true thoughts you'd be hated against.
  4. Bystander effect, you believe someone else will stand up in time, so you do nothing. Like how in fights happen in school, you tell me how many people sit there and watch and do nothing?

This is more about real life, rather then being applied to a mod on the internet but it's true and affects just about the average human being.

I forgot what the effect is called, but it affects every human being once they start hitting puberty.

(Which is why you have no shame when you're a child, but you do now I guess)

Doesn't mean that everyone only likes uber because we're scared or because he has power, Uber is a genuine person who is actually really nice.

So obviously people do like him as a person.

So Idk if that effect actually applies to anyone here towards uber since is he just an internet mod and not a real life law enforcer, but I wanted to give proper and scientific answer.

Psychology for the win.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it"-Leo

I hope I answered your statement/question.

lol

Edited by Emunator