Why do people hate on Mine-Imator so much?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

In youtube, i usually find a comment from a Mine Imator animation saying: "Mine Imator potatoes, use blender". So yeah. I think that Mine Imator is a great animating software, especially now, when 1.0.0 is out. Anyways, what do you think?

Edited by TheJulkkis

Guy : You use Mine-imator? BS man. This is way to good to be that program!

Me : NO!are you saying mine imator is bad? THIS is mine imator!

Guy : yeah :I its pretty bad. now this animation is *censor* amazing but this is the only good animation ive ever seen using mine imator. even my intro, made by a buddy using mine imator, is pretty bad compared to other programs such as Cinema 4D and Maya. this guy has some serious talent if he can make this good of animation with mine imator

Me : i've seen many good animations with mine imator...also this is mine imator 1.0.0,you've probably never heard of it,that's why it's amazing.. ( also his animation is pretty smooth )

Guy : I haven't seen any, but i'm sure there are a few. And no, I haven't heard of mine imator 1.0.0 because I don't keep up with it because i have no reason to do so.

i think : people should not hate on a basic program

those haters either:

A. use macs

B. only seen 0.7 and never seen 1.0.0.

C. being trolls

the hater i saw : 

B. only seen 0.7 and never seen 1.0.0.

Mine-imator doesn't have those features that other animating programs have.EX: Advanced render setting, extrusion, modeling via polygons, object physics,etc

that's probrably why or what Stinky said

correction,

doesnt have yet.

8D

I might aswell give a simple but logical answer: Content comparison
"What on earth do you mean?"

Let me google "mineimator minecraft" and "blender minecraft" and let me post the images that first come up for me.
Mine-imator:

Oding_5991188_lrg.jpg

Blender:

blender_minecraft_test_by_anthonywintert

What looks better at a first glance?
4 steves chasing an overused teenage skin or big render of a church(?) with lighting and sunrays?
The latter of coarse.

What I'm trying to say it, when people search up mineimator, browse the forums, or look at animations with mineimator, they are mostly:

• No lighting
  • Flatgrass..
  • Steve. :|

With blender:

• Lighting
  • Shawdows
  • Occlusion
  • Rays
  • Scenery
  • Large Quality

So as you can see, someones first impression and glance at mine-imator is often belittled by first glances of other said programs, or, Content Comparison.

(Also don't say "but it now has shadows" "now has lighting" "there are good animations out there" "that photo was 0.7 not 1.0.0", as that clearly wasn't the point I was trying to make. Re-read the post and try again)

I just thought I'd give an honest and logical answer to the title of this thread:
"why do people hate on mine imator so much"

TL:DR
I think it's because it's belittled when compared to other programs.

Kinda like when people hate on retro games because they have 'bad graphics'. Just comparing content is the problem for first impressions.

You know.. Blender, CD4, Maya.. These are professional software..

When Mine-imator is a one man project.. However it's awesome ;)

But the thing is.. Mine-imator takes skill and work to make great

animations but when you look at Youtube.. Most of the popular animations

which are made by mine-imator are crappy ones. So people don't

get to know the good projects that are made with mine-imator

ALSO.. It really pisses me off that some glitchy, unsmooth and crappy

animations get thousands of views but really good ones just stucks are low views.

That's just Youtube.. We all know that there are really good animators out here in this forums.

So.. Screw those haters ;)

I've seen on quite a few videos people going "use Blender it's way better", when in reality I have seen 98% Mine-Imator animations/content and 2% blender-made stuff. In a few scenarios:

• A person hates Mine-Imator just because
  • A person likes Blender more for various reasons
  • A person hates Mine-Imator just to be a troll
  • A person hates Mine-Imator because they have seen some bad animations
  • A person hates Mine-Imator even though they haven't seen the 1.0.0 demo
  • Bread (gotta plug it in somewhere)

Still 99% of mineimator animations in YouTube are garbage, made by kiddies who think they are the best animator in the world. That's the Main Problem. (Nothing about kids in general - i'm one myself - but just search mineimator animation on youtube

Exactly what I was about to say. I have seen some pretty bad animations made by kids who I presume to be around 7-10 years old, and every corner of Mine-Imator content on YouTube is affected. Even Minecraft Doctor Who, the reason why I even rebooted my channel, is hit by a wave of content that is below the levels of mediocre.

Overall, I can see why some people don't like Mine-Imator, but most of the time their thoughts are from a skewed angle, an angle that makes the program look like an easy way for kids to produce garbage so they can be as popular as PewDiePie or something.

Edited by Random_Bread

Still 99% of mineimator animations in YouTube are garbage, made by kiddies who think they are the best animator in the world. That's the Main Problem. (Nothing about kids in general - i'm one myself - but just search mineimator animation on youtube

Isn't this the Problem that PMC has... it's just opens up to Maps, Mods, Skins, and Even More

I'm pretty certain emu summed it up nicely. The community is getting better though. If we create amazing content, it would be seen as better. Your capabilities with the program are endless, just how you use the capabilities all relies on how well your skill with video editing is.

I don't want to sound rude, but maybe they hate on MI, because they personally dislike it.

It's in their rights to like, and dislike whatever they want.

Free speech is in their rights too, allowing them to speak their beliefs.