Why do people hate on Mine-Imator so much?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I don't want to sound rude, but maybe they hate on MI, because they personally dislike it.

It's in their rights to like, and dislike whatever they want.

Free speech is in their rights too, allowing them to speak their beliefs.

This is more about their reasoning as to "why they hate it" not why are they able to.

My friend hates her because it is:

Minecraft

cubes

Not the true 3D (according to him)

There better software

If it is easy to use is that it is zero

And since it is easy everyone uses is making them less single events

But even showing him a video imator mine he told me that it was his pro and it will take me a while to make his

My friend hates her because it is:

Minecraft

cubes

Not the true 3D (according to him)

There better software

If it is easy to use is that it is zero

And since it is easy everyone uses is making them less single events

But even showing him a video imator mine he told me that it was his pro and it will take me a while to make his

Wait Mine-imator is a her?

It's just the same as anything that's starting to pick up. There will always be haters. The reason they don't like Mine-Imator is 1: Because most MI animations they've seen were made pre-1.0.0 and by little kids (nothing against kids here, I'm just saying people CAN tell a difference) and 2: Because of it's limited features and small community compared to Cinema 4D or Blender...

Now, the problem is both them and us. If we want them to take Mine-Imator seriously, we need to show them what Mine-Imator has become, and show them that there are serious animators out there who are using Mine-Imator to create amazing, epic stories and videos. The thing that THEY have to do is stop comparing Cinema 4D/Blender with Mine-Imator and see it as the valid option that it is for creating high-quality animations. Mine-Imator was made by one guy, and built around GameMaker... Cinema 4D and Blender were both built by hundreds of professional computer programmers and artists, with powerful engines and truckloads of extra features... That's quite a difference. And btw, cost plays a very small factor in it, as 90% of those Cinema 4D channels are people who obtained the program illegally.

Anyway, to sum it up, we have to change the image that the animating community has put upon Mine Imator, and only then will everyone else start to accept it for what it is... I am trying to do that by making more mature, dramatic, and cinematic videos with actual stories. And if we work together and continue to help Mine-imator grow, I really do see it becoming the primary animating program for any minecraft animation... after all, that's what it was built for; Blender and Cinema 4D were built for making other types of animation. Minecraft animations are just a by-product.

Guest MineatronOrigin

those haters either:

A. use macs

B. only seen 0.7 and never seen 1.0.0.

C. being trolls

That's true, yeah... that's like 700% true right der-

I've been toying with Mine-imator for almost a month now, and I'd agree on the bit of not seeing the good animations. Every time I saw Mine-imator it would usually be a VERY bad animation, so I'd end up leaving in less than 5 seconds of play. Another huge factor is that is is the SAME THING. Make things original, make a COMPLETE story background. You want a parody/fan series? Alright. You need to start off with a storyboard. In my film class a few years back the teacher kept pushing for us to make a storyboard and scripts and learn different camera angles and zooms for many reasons. With practice and preperation of all this, you have better management of how professional your animation looks. I'm amazed by how good the 1.0.0 demos are, compared to .7 and lower. But it isn't just how good the program is, the animator needs to practice