Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I wonder, if you were to say these things aloud, in real life... how calm you would actually be. One of the downfalls of the internet is perception of tone: we don't really know how calm and collected or angered. Hmm, I guess it's just something to think about. Anyways, referring back to your topic: yeah, I think you got everything... I suppose, however, posting Shakespeare in binary code would fall under "overusing/repeating a certain phrase in a single/multiple posts" and/or "relatively any post that has overusage of repetition in any form but is under one line."

I wonder what kind of tone you'd use to say that - possibly the same as ours or not. So please, trust me when I say this, but we're rather calm when we do :>

Just a note: Binary is considered another language. The more you know.

Also I do and don't say things like this in real life. Here I enforce rules this way regardless of everything. In real life I only speak like this if provoked or asked.

Nope. My service is on my own time. Typically a reason why you don't shouldn't want to be a mod. You must devote almost all of your time to moderation.

Off-Topic-I have ALOT of time on my hands..but resopsibility...no.

On-topic-Great guide...I need to be a bit more careful XP

I take it very seriously

you are very correct mr. killer! you take it very seriously y'know i'd say "a bit" too seriously.. i'd also.. ahh going a bit offtopic here.. haha..

spam rightt.. what if the images are.. really small like veery small like this:

is this spam without a spoiler?

photo.jpg?sz=50

Hamburger.png

all you said was 2 images, these are 2 images.. not very spammy are they m8?

multiple users making the exact same post?

what if they genuinely make the exact same post by chance and never see the other persons? is that their fault?

real_loophole.jpg

frkn edited by.. me and my misspelling of ''genuinely''

Edited by tditdatdwt

you are very correct mr. killer! you take it very seriously y'know i'd say "a bit" too seriously.. i'd also.. ahh going a bit offtopic here.. haha..

photo.jpg?sz=50

Hamburger.png

what if they genuinely make the exact same post by chance and never see the other persons? is that their fault?

real_loophole.jpg

FOOL! You have upset thy Man!

photo.jpg?sz=50

Hamburger.png

real_loophole.jpg

We can always make more rules..

I sometimes question why this topic was made, everyone should know what spam is generally...
And I think the topic is only gonna set 'a line' between:

• Rule breaking
  • Not rule breaking

What I mean by that is:

*<user> find loops hole in topic*

*Abuses loophole and spams*
"It doesn't say its spam in Ubers topic, therefore not spam so i can keep doing it"

If you know what I mean^
#Discussion

photo.jpg?sz=50
Hamburger.png

Considering those images are useless and have nothing to do with the post, they are spammy IMO, m9.

Unless you find some legit small images related to a topic? :o

Considering those images are useless and have nothing to do with the post, they are spammy IMO, m9.

Unless you find some legit small images related to a topic? :o

If the images are spoiled, it's not spam. If they are two images that are not spoiled, they can be spam. Depends on the topic and the size. Using a small image doesn't mean it's not spam.

Is 3 topics created by the same person on the recent topics considered spam?

Example: (This actually hapenned)

-snip-

I don't really think so, as long as they are topics for legitimate discussion. I'll ask the person to slow down on posting though, because I've done that in the past where I took up the entire front page with all of the topics I made. (all recent, and topics on the front page.) albiet, this was back when the forums were much more slow.

Being enthusiastic shouldn't be against the rules, but taking up the front page with the topics should be.

I don't really think so, as long as they are topics for legitimate discussion. I'll ask the person to slow down on posting though, because I've done that in the past where I took up the entire front page with all of the topics I made. (all recent, and topics on the front page.) albiet, this was back when the forums were much more slow.

Being enthusiastic shouldn't be against the rules, but taking up the front page with the topics should be.

i'm guessing you wouldn't punish yourself eh? (;

Are really long status updates considered spam?

I wouldn't think so, Status updates have a character limit which everything over the limit gets 'removed' from the status with "..." dots at the end I believe.

If it were spam Im sure the max limit would be shortened.

You forgot this.      :-o

qalcgllr3t6jcr3fg.jpg

One-word posts are okay if they add to the discussion. What you have as an example doesn't really add anything to the discussion, because there is nothing to discuss further upon your post.

However we still aren't sure what to do about one-word posts. Collective one-word spam is certain and useless posts are certain, but not every time will it warrant a warning.

One-word posts are okay if they add to the discussion. What you have as an example doesn't really add anything to the discussion, because there is nothing to discuss further upon your post.

However we still aren't sure what to do about one-word posts. Collective one-word spam is certain and useless posts are certain, but not every time will it warrant a warning.

Oh, thanks for the details.      :)