Dev update #2: State of 0.7 and ridiculously large schematics

Would be cool if we could import raw images like PNG for like logos, so we could make intos. Maybe a later version like 1.1.0?

Why not do something like that in an editor? Mineimator is for animating, not editing intros together.

Well... People do use Animation software for Intro making. But I'm sure people would find a 1000 other uses with it.

I like that idea to add intros. But David is working very hard on the features he's adding now. And the later update for it, I could kinda see that happening.(Kinda)

That's a whooping amount of code *_*

Now, how to find out the exact time it took to write that. ;)

Off topic:

Where can I find how many lines of code I've written? .-.

Download Parakeet, open your game file and that box can be found in one of the menus at the top.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=573641

That is a LOT of code!

(It's almost the end of January... if v1.0.0 came out on my bday that would make an awesome present.. but no pressure! I can wait until Feb for it to come out cuz it's so awesome.)

I would probably wait a year if I had to for this update!

This is gonna be amazing when it comes out!

Good luck David!

Shadows update:
8JWbMqc.png

I have a question completely irrelevant (ish) to this topic about the shaders.

One day, would you probably consider creating an actual animation software?

Because you are great at it :)

I have a question completely irrelevant (ish) to this topic about the shaders.

One day, would you probably consider creating an actual animation software?

Because you are great at it :)

Well technically

This is an actual animation software.

A animation software Captures/creates frames, and uses codecs to compress them into some sort of video file.(or GIF)

3-D animation software requires alot more.

Z axis and a Z buffer.

Since there is 3-D space, it has to find a way to use a some sort of depth buffer to see what objects are infront of another object when rendering in 3-D space.

If there is also shadows and lighting, the program also has to calculate the light bouncing of the surfaces, there is also need for a depth buffer and z buffer for the lights to know where to cast the shadows.

However, that's off topic, Overall, Animation is the illusion of consistant frames being played at a certain speed(FPS to be exact) to give off the effect of a moving image/video.

I hope that helps..

Yeah, I didn't mean it to say that this isn't a real animation software, I meant it as in a sort of, like blender or cinema 4d thing.