Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Superb story. Good editing. I liked the transitions. Good effort. Deserves more than one +1. I do like the challenge and accept it. I hope to adapt one of my story's chapters in into a chronicle like form so I'll work on those. Great music. The choice of not using rigs has its pros and cons, but sticking as close to Minecraft as possible. Great job.

Critique:

The detective decoding is quite clever but I think it was a bit too fast. I think additionally it needs

The grabbing of the bald attacker at the disco was well paced but the kicking blow was too instantaneous. 

The inner thoughts were extremely well placed.

The camera movements were amazingly timed with music and movement.

The flying zig zag however seemed a bit much, I believe a straighter glide would fit Batman better, however the use of the grappling and roll was a good addition.

Although it was definitely more minecrafty, the smoke and bullets were not as exciting.

Great job! I love your use of camera shake. It adds a cinematic feel and you seemed to make it smooth, which is what most people fail to do. I honestly want to see you with more animations. Good job and keep up the work! (p.s. you just earned a sub)

Oh and this, was probally the best Mineimator animation i've seen so far. Good job! :)

Edited by Wowman

Critique:

The detective decoding is quite clever but I think it was a bit too fast. I think additionally it needs 

The grabbing of the bald attacker at the disco was well paced but the kicking blow was too instantaneous. (I was trying to match it with the music, it was really hard doing so, thus it went really fast. Gotta have fast paced motion for fast paced music)

The inner thoughts were extremely well placed. (thanks)

The camera movements were amazingly timed with music and movement. (thanks again =) )

The flying zig zag however seemed a bit much, I believe a straighter glide would fit Batman better, however the use of the grappling and roll was a good addition. (The zig zag was more of a test. I based it off of the Arkham series' gliding system, which involved the zig zag gliding)

Although it was definitely more minecrafty, the smoke and bullets were not as exciting. (I originally wanted everything to be Minecrafty, but there was no way I could make a dark story line that way)

Awesome! +1..

+ Like the Intensity in the beginning
= gunshots were nice... but not the best.
+ Good detective mode
- Maybe add different fonts (or not) for detective mode, and add "Detective mode" at the top and maybe not in random spot. And why is the [ ] thing moving in 1 spot everywhere, and make detective mode a little bit quicker?
+ love Sound effects, but maybe add more, or music sometimes?
= in mine-imator, try to use glass panes instead of glass.. it looks different from minecraft.
+ Great skins!
- add voices or at least typing... It looks wrong without talking the whole time.
= try working with gravity a little more.
- make characters run instead of walk sometimes... like in the warehouse.
+ SUPER EPIC Special Effects!!!
+ Awesome Ending!
+ Wow.. so long :D

Things you need to work on the MOST:

Any kind of talking or communicating

Detective mode fonts, where text goes.

Gravity

Gunshots, like in the warehouse.

All in all, this is a great animation!

Hope I Helped! :D

+ Like the Intensity in the beginning                                     -thanks, it was hard to start off, I wasn't sure how to begin. Glad to know I did well on that

= gunshots were nice... but not the best.                             - I wanted it to be as close to Minecraft as possible. The reason why I didn't add in a bullet or flame coming from the gun is because it would look silly.

+ Good detective mode                                                            -thanks again, I based it off of the Arkham series' detective mode

- Maybe add different fonts (or not) for detective mode, and add "Detective mode" at the top and maybe not in random spot. And why is the [ ] thing moving in 1 spot everywhere, and make detective mode a little bit quicker?                             -I thought that Times New Roman would best suit Batman in terms of font. it was moving because it was gathering evidence from the victims skin. "Detective Mode" was in that spot because that's where it was in the games. I tried to keep it close to Minecraft and the Arkham games.

+ love Sound effects, but maybe add more, or music sometimes?    -I originally intended for there to be only minecraft sound effects, but there was no way that would work out. I hadn't planned for the sound effects so that's why they are now. In my future animations, I won't make that mistake of going Minecraft sound effects only, I'll be more prepared for better sound effects.

= in mine-imator, try to use glass panes instead of glass.. it looks different from minecraft.     -If I used glass panes, it wouldn't be possible for Batman to have broken through because it would be part of the scenery. I had to make separate, individual blocks of glass (which wasn't part of the scenery, but placed to look like it was) so that Batman could smash through it.

+ Great skins!                                                  - thanks, the majority of them I made. The ones I didn't were the Alfred skin and the Trenchcoat Mafia skins. (I edited them from a Rorschach skin from Watchmen)

- add voices or at least typing... It looks wrong without talking the whole time.    -as stated before, I wanted to be as close to minecraft as possible, meaning no voices. ALSO, im only now learning how to throw my voice to sound more serious. at the time, Batman would sound like a 15 year old. That would have been terrible. also, the mic quality would be bad.

= try working with gravity a little more.     -I'll admit, the falling and movements could have been better, im still working on things like that

- make characters run instead of walk sometimes... like in the warehouse.       -not all were walking. the ones who were walking were doing that because of fear. if you had to go around a corner knowing that there's a monster who is going to eat your limbs, would you blindly rush around the corner, or take it nice and steady?

+ SUPER EPIC Special Effects!!!   -thanks  :) 

+ Awesome Ending!                           -thanks again  ^_^ 

+ Wow.. so long :D                             -much appreciated  :D 

Hope I Helped! :D   -Indeed you did my friend. Thank you for your criticism, I'll know how I can improve now.

Finally! A REAL animator! It seems that you actually know what you are doing! I wish there were more people like you on the forums.

Shut up, pig...There ARE a LOT of those who you call "REAL animators" in the forums, for example Shane, he got even more subs than you so don't say we all are idiots who just learned to animate.

By the way, nice job Correen.