moniker

What exactly makes framerate so bad?

As im trying to find ways to improve performance, I would like to know what makes you get the biggest hit on framerate?

By the time I have set a schematic, load up some characters (not even overly complicated rigs) and start adding keyframes, the framerate is already so unpleasant to work with, and I have an expensive computer.

Anyway, what I have found in my experience:

1) Opening the Active Camera window kills framerate pretty much in half

2) Having the "controls, wireframes and highlights" setting enabled makes it worse

3) Keyframes, as you add keyframes, it gets worse

By the time you've done 3 minutes of animation it gets really bad.

Hidding pieces of the schematic im not using makes it better, however, the Active Camera window makes it unsmooth again.

There is something very specific going on considering the simplicity of what's on screen, framerate should stay 60fps in non-render mode but it doesn't.

Stats for my project right now are 1.8 GB RAM, 4% CPU,  GPU 3% yet the FPS is so bad (again, in non-render mode). Something is going on. Why is the FPS so bad if the CPU and the GPU are barely doing anything?

Edited by moniker

Can you Show us a Screenshot?

Quick Tips:Pressing Shift + Enter to make the Text Like
THIS.

40 minutes ago, howardellis said:

I am also having problems with how to frame in Minecraft, how to make the frame not be distorted.

aL2zwPv.png

Upgrade your Hardware. Mine is Laptop. SO I only can Upgrade My RAM,and SSD.

1 hour ago, Zyn said:

MI was made in GameMaker so i guess its poorly optimized?

Not Really. Because With some Magical Coding...
MI Would be better than the GM it self. Trust me.

4 minutes ago, LacaMenDRY said:

Not Really. Because With some Magical Coding...
MI Would be better than the GM it self. Trust me.

oh

6 hours ago, Zyn said:

MI was made in GameMaker so i guess its poorly optimized?

Nimi has announced frustum culling for 1.3.0

5d2ccd7a5c131.gif

This should increase FPS. However even without FC active, what's on screen is so simple that it doesn't make much sense that the framerate is so low. I have a 3950X with a 3090 RTX and 32GB RAM so hardware limitations are out of the question, and I like said stats show that resources are barely being used.

Edited by moniker

Some popular online games io games accessed online at the forum.

All forum members have online access to the search items in the io game.

The game allows visitors to participate in ratings and commentary on online games.

Access on PC for the best experiences.

@Nimi would Occlusion culling be possible? on the gif I posted above you can see how frustum renders everything on the camera angle eyesight while occlusion also saves resources by not rendering pieces of scenario which are hidden by other pieces of the scenario.

10-Figure5-1.png

Left: FPS rendering performance only with Frustum Culling and then with Occlusion Culling activated, at the eight different selected View Points. Right: Discarded mesh percent, first with only Frustum Culling and then activating Occlusion Culling, at the eight different selected View Point.

Edited by moniker

3 hours ago, moniker said:

@Nimi would Occlusion culling be possible? on the gif I posted above you can see how frustum renders everything on the camera angle eyesight while occlusion also saves resources by not rendering pieces of scenario which are hidden by other pieces of the scenario.

10-Figure5-1.png

Left: FPS rendering performance only with Frustum Culling and then with Occlusion Culling activated, at the eight different selected View Points. Right: Discarded mesh percent, first with only Frustum Culling and then activating Occlusion Culling, at the eight different selected View Point.

Not sure, frustum culling is a pretty straightforward optimization. Not sure if occlusion mapping requires rendering techniques I don't have access to through the engine.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:36 PM, moniker said:

Nimi has announced frustum culling for 1.3.0

5d2ccd7a5c131.gif

This should increase FPS. However even without FC active, what's on screen is so simple that it doesn't make much sense that the framerate is so low. I have a 3950X with a 3090 RTX and 32GB RAM so hardware limitations are out of the question, and I like said stats show that resources are barely being used.

WAIT!? is that Blender? or C4D?