Dev update #10: Five year Mine-iversary, an overdue update and new developer

Message added by david

You can now download and use the new version!

https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/46014-mine-imator-112/

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Nimi said:

You could do sideways bending in GM:S 1.4, it's just that with the method of bending MI uses, it would be horrendous.(It cuts the the bending model in half and rotates one of the halves and fills in the gap between the two.) GM:S 2 is just a newer and more updated IDE and doesn't affect any new additions of possibilities*-- anything is possible.(Difficulty varies though.)

*May allow certain shaders to work now that its GLSL version is updated

okay...so is MI gonne ever get sideways bending now??
also, GLSL SHADERS?!

1 hour ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

okay...so is MI gonne ever get sideways bending now??
also, GLSL SHADERS?!

What do you mean by 'now', I just said that they were almost always possible. Also, just because GM updated their glsl shader version, it doesn't mean you can import shaders.

7 hours ago, Nimi said:

What do you mean by 'now', I just said that they were almost always possible. Also, just because GM updated their glsl shader version, it doesn't mean you can import shaders.

i thought about it a bit....with the way MI does bending, it would be so bad JUST going in to the side...but if you went to the side, AND to the front or back, where the body would twist, and look awful! okay, if not importing, could MI have improved rendering like the shaders mod for mc?i wish it could look like that!

Edited by Spontaneous Explosions

On 8/21/2017 at 1:18 AM, Nimi said:

With the port to GMS2 and all of the drastic changes to the code david's making, the CE would've taken forever to update to this update, so I figured if I became an official developer, I wouldn't have to worry about re-coding david's work and more people would have access to features I code in. I(Now as a developer) no longer have any need to code a mod anymore when I can code stuff into the original program itself. And you know that I can add anything(That's reasonable in comparison to what I've implemented in the past.) in future updates that now that I'm a developer.. right?

Will all the transparency (alpha) bugs finally be fixed?

Also does sunlight range still create glitches if you make it bigger?

3 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

you can easily fix the alpha bugs, by changing the render depth slider. and if he got rid of it, that'd be bad

It doesn't work when you enable dof, the dof doesn't show throught the transparency. This always sucked because dof makes scenes look so much better.

Edited by moniker

5 hours ago, moniker said:

Will all the transparency (alpha) bugs finally be fixed?

Also does sunlight range still create glitches if you make it bigger?

1.) Drawing transparent objects is an uphill battle with rendering objects correctly.(Especially with deferred rendering, what Mine-imator uses.) Depth of Field is a post process effect in Mine-imator, so it blurs the scene based on depth and other given variables after it's already been rendered. And since transparent objects are in front opaque objects, it means in the depth buffer(Where it tracks the depth of objects in the scene so it knows where to blur.) transparent objects are written over opaque objects(Cause that's how rendering works.), and the opaque objects are not written in, and any pixel position of a opaque object is now replaced with a transparent object's depth. So that's why when you use depth of field, it uses the transparent object's depth point instead of anything behind it.(Hence why the stone behind the glass in your picture is no blurred, because the glass in front of it, is not blurred.) The reason why the render depth option doesn't fix this is because render depth changes when an object is rendered when the scene is being rendered, and doesn't have any effect on post processing effects. Attempting to overcome this would require rendering the scene every time you want to look through one transparent object. If you want to look through one layer of transparency on the scene, it would require to render the scene entirely once. If you want to look through something transparent behind that one layer of transparency, then you'd have to render twice, ect. And the performance of rendering would eventually bog down heavily. So from the looks of it, it does not look like this will be fixed.

TD;DR: Nah.

2.) Sunlight range just stretches the buffer to be applied to a larger area(Why it's called range.), the resolution doesn't change.(Hence why it looks weird, it can only fit so much data into a small resolution.) Raise the buffer size of the Sunlight buffer.

One thing I've thought about is a 'rendering depth', I can't think of a better name for it. For example, theres a cube behind a wall, and you can choose it's rendering depth. If it's higher than the walls, it'll render in front of it, while it's actually behind it.

or just look at Toon Links eyes. They're behind his hair, but they render in front of it.

Kh9FUb0.jpg

14 hours ago, Che3syPlayz said:

If there's no bloom I be upset and stick with CB.

It's final. I'm writing it in my will. 
Signing to a lawyer.
it's written down.

I shall not touch updated vanilla unless it has Bloom effect for Camera.

Good luck using any new rigs after the new update comes out.

1 minute ago, Nimi said:

It's a new version, so of course you can't load projects and rigs that were made in it.

Oh into other versions. 
yeah that I knew lol.

But still, I think CB is good cause of Bloom.

Bloom makes animation better.

Well and I think CB has custom Biomes, and the other doesn't.

Idk

Just now, Thericalviber said:

What do you mean we can't load projects and rigs that were made in it? 

I think he means: CE is a branch off of the normal Mineimator, so anything made in CE won't work in the official mineimator updates.