Good specs for a laptop?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

13 hours ago, AbAppletic said:
  1. Windows 10 doesn't spy on you. The only thing that's close to spying is that they can see how many users open MS Edge.

It takes alot more, Such as WI-FI password(For an app on the pc), Your location, Emails, Key logging, the Data of any and all files you have and abit more.
It's in the privacy policy of what they take and what they use them for.
I honestly wouldn't call it spying though, but i guess that's opinionated.

36 minutes ago, AbAppletic said:

Well if you can disable it, it isn't such a big deal. :|

You can disable some, others stay mandatory by default of the user agreement,  to " good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services. " -Microsoft.

On 25/04/2016 at 3:54 AM, John Walker said:

Hey, I am saving up for a new laptop, since my current one, a macbook pro retina, (which is still awesome) doesn't support mine-imator or game maker studio. Does any body have a recommended laptop within the 5-600 dollar range? I am looking for an i3 or above, or any quad-core AMD with a dedicated graphics card. Also, upgradability of the Ram and Hard drive is nice! Thanks!

The only advice I have for you is that expensive doesn't always equal better, it's also alot cheaper and better if you build it yourself, if you know how. (You could build a extremly decent one with that cash)

16 hours ago, Emunator said:

The only advice I have for you is that expensive doesn't always equal better, it's also alot cheaper and better if you build it yourself, if you know how. (You could build a extremly decent one with that cash)

I built my desktop, with an i5 4430 and GTX 960. I didn't realize you could build laptops, tho. :/

16 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I built my desktop, with an i5 4430 and GTX 960. I didn't realize you could build laptops, tho. :/

Here's some very simple instructions with how to build and install your own parts into a laptop. http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-your-own-laptop/

On 4/25/2016 at 10:09 PM, Deminu said:

Anything but Dell. My friend has one and it's hard drive died twice in two years. And the screen broke. And the keyboard shorted out.

But seriously, Asus is probably a good idea: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KFQASE?tag=laptop-magazine-20

Bro, i'm using dell xps 17 l702x since 2012. It's still working good. And I started animating on this laptop.

9 hours ago, Dave's Animations said:

Bro, i'm using dell xps 17 l702x since 2012. It's still working good. And I started animating on this laptop.

Then you're magic. My friend went through parts like crazy, my grandma has been through 4 towers in 2 years, and my dad had several through work and could barely get his job done with them.

14 hours ago, Dave's Animations said:

My Dell inspiron laptop has been going since 2011. It is also what I animate on most of the time. No upgrades besides installing an ssd.