Good specs for a laptop?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey, I am saving up for a new laptop, since my current one, a macbook pro retina, (which is still awesome) doesn't support mine-imator or game maker studio. Does any body have a recommended laptop within the 5-600 dollar range? I am looking for an i3 or above, or any quad-core AMD with a dedicated graphics card. Also, upgradability of the Ram and Hard drive is nice! Thanks!

Thanks, guys, this was very useful for me!

59 minutes ago, Skjold said:

being able to run 8k on 3 ultrawidecurved monitors 2000FPS watercooled with mtndew with a cupholder. Oh and RGB everything.

Razer be like

2 hours ago, John Walker said:

Hey, I am saving up for a new laptop, since my current one, a macbook pro retina, (which is still awesome) doesn't support mine-imator or game maker studio. Does any body have a recommended laptop within the 5-600 dollar range? I am looking for an i3 or above, or any quad-core AMD with a dedicated graphics card. Also, upgradability of the Ram and Hard drive is nice! Thanks!

i can run mine-imator on my macbook 2008, (I used to) but i stopped because this one is better, in order to run mine-imator, i sugges tbootcamp, or wine, (you can only run mine-imator 1.0.0). i use wine btw, but it's not very good for anything else you mentioned.

Just now, tntmod54321 said:

i can run mine-imator on my macbook 2008, (I used to) but i stopped because this one is better, in order to run mine-imator, i sugges tbootcamp, or wine, (you can only run mine-imator 1.0.0). i use wine btw, but it's not very good for anything else you mentioned.

except you can upgrade the ram slightly

3 hours ago, tntmod54321 said:

except you can upgrade the ram slightly

I can't upgrade the ram on mine.

3 hours ago, AcidGaming said:

Found that on amazon, in USD :P, its nice.

3 hours ago, Skjold said:

No. This is what razer be like.

Only 1000 dollars

39 minutes ago, John Walker said:

I can't upgrade the ram on mine.

Found that on amazon, in USD :P, its nice.

Only 1000 dollars

When i said slightly i meant on mine, what is on your's? mine is 2 gigs, apple says maximum of 4, but there is a way to make it 6 gigs.

meant to quote you're response to me

34 minutes ago, tntmod54321 said:

When i said slightly i meant on mine, what is on your's? mine is 2 gigs, apple says maximum of 4, but there is a way to make it 6 gigs.

meant to quote you're response to me

Late 2013 model, retina, 8 gigs ram, 2.4 Ghz i5, 256 gigs SSD. I do have a desktop to animate on, but since I spend most of my time outside of home, I kinda want a laptop to animate on.

1 hour ago, Dr. Nexil said:

ANYTHING. BESIDES. WINDOWS. 8. Seriously, windows 8 was terrible. I suggest windows 7, but windows 10 is okay.

I'm on windows 8.1 for my desktop................

Edited by John Walker

5 hours ago, John Walker said:

Only 1000 dollars

Oh come on! This is premium aluminum casing with next gen toasting and bread cumble with a gryoscope and RGB backlight with over 10 million diffrent colour options!!!!!!! Its gonna be LEAST 1337$!

(..says me who is litterally sitting with least 4 diffrent razer products right now..)

1 hour ago, Dr. Nexil said:

I'm sorry.

windows 8 is actually really good. It doesnt spy on you! like windows 10 8D

and im serious.. i tried this. internet explorer on win 7 and 8 runs youtube better than chrome on win 10.. now THAT should tell ya something.

Edited by Skjold

4 hours ago, John Walker said:

Late 2013 model, retina, 8 gigs ram, 2.4 Ghz i5, 256 gigs SSD. I do have a desktop to animate on, but since I spend most of my time outside of home, I kinda want a laptop to animate on.

8 gigs is good for an older mac laptop, and i5 is ok, 256 gigs, it's good for a laptop, and yeah i understand the laptop thing.

11 hours ago, Dr. Nexil said:

I'm sorry.

You don't need to be sorry mate, its all good. :)

10 hours ago, Skjold said:

Oh come on! This is premium aluminum casing with next gen toasting and bread cumble with a gryoscope and RGB backlight with over 10 million diffrent colour options!!!!!!! Its gonna be LEAST 1337$!

1637 for the wireless version.

19 hours ago, _X̗̗́_ said:

What sort of laptop....cost 5 dollars?

Just get an Alienware.

Five Hundred to Six Hundred. And Alienware is overpriced garbage. :P

Get with these specs if you can find:

Intel core i9 3.2GHz+

AMD Radeon R9+ Graphics

16GB of Ram

And you'll have an awesome laptop!

11 hours ago, Skjold said:

1. Windows 10 doesn't spy on you. The only thing that's close to spying is that they can see how many users open MS Edge. Which pretty much, isn't even spying.
  2. Windows 8 sucks unless you have a touchscreen convertible. Otherwise, it's hard to use. And there's no start menu (Don't bring up the WinX menu plz, that's terrible), and you have to drag your bloody mouse to the corner of your screen, then wait for 2 seconds, and sometimes you have to move the mouse to get it to show up. 8D

15 minutes ago, AbAppletic said:

1. Windows 10 doesn't spy on you. The only thing that's close to spying is that they can see how many users open MS Edge. Which pretty much, isn't even spying.
  2. Windows 8 sucks unless you have a touchscreen convertible. Otherwise, it's hard to use. And there's no start menu (Don't bring up the WinX menu plz, that's terrible), and you have to drag your bloody mouse to the corner of your screen, then wait for 2 seconds, and sometimes you have to move the mouse to get it to show up. 8D

#1 you can use win 8 as win 7 by never using the windows key (like i do).

3 hours ago, Blue Chocolatebar said:

If you're looking to play games on it at an acceptable framerate then we're looking at 1200 dollars and up.

Its mainly for mine imator and game maker. The Acer one @SDWAN posted is good for those tasks, AND can run GTA V (Which I have yet to buy :/).

It has a GTX 940M. I might get that one.

Edited by John Walker

16 hours ago, Skjold said:

If I had the choice between windows 8 or 10, I would choose 7. Windows 7 seemed to be the windows that actually satisfied rather than disappoint.

16 hours ago, Skjold said:

internet explorer on win 7 and 8 runs youtube better than chrome on win 10.. now THAT should tell ya something.

wow...

12 hours ago, Skjold said:

#1 you can use win 8 as win 7 by never using the windows key (like i do).

#2 -snip-

Well if you can disable it, it isn't such a big deal. :|