please don't stop david

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I think David has given more to the community than any single person should be asked. I expect that if a group of people take over the bulk of development that David won't stop either. I will be trying to learn, but It will take some time, I know programming, but not the gamemaker platform, so time.

He didn't actually stopped working on Mine-imator.

He will add new blocks as they keep coming on minecraft.

The only thing that stopped was new features, since IMO there's enough features.

Also, we already have the source code. Users themselfes will make mods, possibly adding fascinating models and textures.

Btw the forum is driven by the users. I bet we'll drive the program's new features as well.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:05 PM, BluePhoenix said:

technically, he didn't stop updating mine-imator. He said that he would keep updating it with the new blocks and items as they came out on Minecraft.

14 hours ago, willingsas said:

He didn't actually stopped working on Mine-imator.

He will add new blocks as they keep coming on minecraft.

The only thing that stopped was new features, since IMO there's enough features.

Also, we already have the source code. Users themselfes will make mods, possibly adding fascinating models and textures.

Btw the forum is driven by the users. I bet we'll drive the program's new features as well.

yes. this is true.

On 1/28/2016 at 2:32 PM, SDWAN said:

Dont make a topic based on a status update m8

I feel like a rewording of the topic would make this worth a discussion at the very least. That said..

I'm certain that David will return to Mine-imator someday. Just not soon. From what I have seen with programs like MUGEN and Pivot, the creator usually takes a long time to getting around to it again, but once they do; it's in full swing once more.

I mean, he's released the code for people to use. But I find it likely that full development won't be picked up by anyone. Maybe a mod here or there, and that's roughly it until either a miracle happens or David returns to it.

But all good things must come to an end someday. And at this stage, it's up to the community to do something great with the program now that it's finalized.

Just realize David is one man who made this whole thing happen through his pure determination and through the love of this community. The worst we can do is abandon the program because he ran out of steam to continue working on it. We all have limits, and David has reached his. But we've yet to break ours.