Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

They claim it's not based on skill yet wanted you to join. For three pages mind you.

I think that's a coincidence since members of the squad have doubted their abilities before. (I firsthand have seen)

But if it was, I guess that would explain the excitement of people wanting to join? I guess nobody wanted to say it but yeah it may be a possibility.

Nevertheless, I was not making this topic about how/why i'm in the squad and whatnot. I plan to make an announcement topic about it so all questions will head there. But for now I would just like some constructive criticism on the video.

when i see this i would just imagine like you driven crazy with like torn clothing and red eyes yelling i will kill you as you run into our base and then you get shot in the knee and we continue watching tv and eating cheerios while you scream in agony.

I have had fighting experiences. And did I ever tell you of the time I lost? No, exactly. Because I never did. 

I will kill you with hidden weapons, detonate bombs to startle you, toy with you and all of your friends until you vomit blood, and then, only then, will I proceed to destroy you.

I have had fighting experiences. And did I ever tell you of the time I lost? No, exactly. Because I never did. 

I will kill you with hidden weapons, detonate bombs to startle you, toy with you and all of your friends until you vomit blood, and then, only then, will I proceed to destroy you.

Oh please, keep it in the bedroom only.

Well, congrats Uber. I only have one wish, please, don't start overloading your animations with a butt ton of after effects. 

tnvVq.jpg

no uh

I never like to overcumber animations with effects. I usually preferred the near-raw style of films or something that seems reasonable to believe. Not something that looks "bloomy"

I will learn after effects, but what was used in the video may be the most I'd end up using in the end. Or along those lines.

People only are jealous and want to be in it because they want to feel elite. It does not matter who joined the team, what matters is if anything cool or entertaining comes from it. If nothing particularly good comes from it, too bad. If content comes out and improves because of it, sweet. This is not some life changing event, so why is everyone acting like it is? Good luck and have fun with your new team status, Über.

Edited by AnimatorBlake

People only are jealous and want to be in it because they want to feel elite. It does not matter who joined the team, what matters is if anything cool or entertaining comes from it. If nothing particularly good comes from it, too bad. If content comes out and improves because of it, sweet. This is not some life changing event, so why is everyone acting like it is? Good luck and have fun with your new team status, Über.

No, I get the feeling people are jealous because it's Team Fez all over again. An elite club, that only certain 'special' people get to be involved in, and everybody else may as well be considered a peasant that can't animate because they haven't got this 'gold membership' card.

No h8 pls, but it's the truth from my point of view.

You kind of get the feeling it's 'Animation Squad and the rest of the forums', if that makes sense.

(Yes, animation, let's spell properly.)

Edited by Ocelot

No, I get the feeling people are jealous because it's Team Fez all over again. An elite club, that only certain 'special' people get to be involved in, and everybody else may as well be considered a peasant that can't animate because they haven't got this 'gold membership' card.

You kind of get the feeling it's 'Animation Squad and the rest of the forums', if that makes sense.

I'm just a jealous person, so if anybody gets anything I have some tiny spark of envy for no reason.

I would despise being in a team and don't want to be in one. 

So in conclusion, I'm a madman.

I obviously get your point of view on this. However it feels like it's what a team is about: skill

I have changed my mind of that now. It seems to be a team based soley on your skill and ability to create content than among others. That the best of the best get to be in it while feeling privileged on their skills among other candidates.

But is it? That is questionable.

The reason I joined was to get skill. I do not claim to be a 5-star animator with a massive record of animations to boot that compare to others. If there is something I don't like about being in here, I have no problem leaving the squad, and the squad is aware of that.

The hate is given, but not often soley justified beyond the themes of "Teams are bad and you should feel bad. They get nothing done and do no work." But then this team comes along and shows some progress on their stuff all the while supporting their own. Helping teammates out seems to be the purpose of a team, no?

It's been proven that teams work well together and are able to get much more done than an individual. This is just a cold hard fact history has shown with extreme prejudice and harshness throughout the centuries.

Let me picture this for you: When you work in a job for around a year, you work in a team of others. You are expected of certain tasks. To complete work in a certain era of time. You work for 5 hours and get all the tasks done. Another person works in the job the next day and does all that work in a mere 4 hours. Who do you think gets the promotion?

Teams are bound on the basis of work. And people who works within certain times get promotions. The reason I was chosen was probably sealed for my speed of making this video: A day and a half.

Now, why would I join a team? Why would I need to if others in the squad may not even work as fast? Improvement.

My reason is to improve and hone my skills so that my content creation is faster and more efficient so my subscribers and fans do not need to wait.

Now do not think I am totally disproving your point, this team is probably based on skill. That is why I was chosen and while they claim not to be, that is what the main idea of team is about: work.

I obviously get your point of view on this. However it feels like it's what a team is about: skill

I have changed my mind of that now. It seems to be a team based soley on your skill and ability to create content than among others. That the best of the best get to be in it while feeling privileged on their skills among other candidates.

But is it? That is questionable.

The reason I joined was to get skill. I do not claim to be a 5-star animator with a massive record of animations to boot that compare to others. If there is something I don't like about being in here, I have no problem leaving the squad, and the squad is aware of that.

The hate is given, but not often soley justified beyond the themes of "Teams are bad and you should feel bad. They get nothing done and do no work." But then this team comes along and shows some progress on their stuff all the while supporting their own. Helping teammates out seems to be the purpose of a team, no?

It's been proven that teams work well together and are able to get much more done than an individual. This is just a cold hard fact history has shown with extreme prejudice and harshness throughout the centuries.

Let me picture this for you: When you work in a job for around a year, you work in a team of others. You are expected of certain tasks. To complete work in a certain era of time. You work for 5 hours and get all the tasks done. Another person works in the job the next day and does all that work in a mere 4 hours. Who do you think gets the promotion?

Teams are bound on the basis of work. And people who works within certain times get promotions. The reason I was chosen was probably sealed for my speed of making this video: A day and a half.

Now, why would I join a team? Why would I need to if others in the squad may not even work as fast? Improvement.

My reason is to improve and hone my skills so that my content creation is faster and more efficient so my subscribers and fans do not need to wait.

Now do not think I am totally disproving your point, this team is probably based on skill. That is why I was chosen and while they claim not to be, that is what the main idea of team is about: work.

I have one thing to say about the "Teams are bad and you should feel bad, they do nothing and get nothing done" Who says the teams have to post their content on the forums? How would you know they aren't getting things done besides the fact they haven't posted a topic?

I have one thing to say about the "Teams are bad and you should feel bad, they do nothing and get nothing done" Who says the teams have to post their content on the forums? How would you know they aren't getting things done besides the fact they haven't posted a topic?

Exactly. Teams should have no regard to even post things here. Thus the question of what they even do should not be held to any regard.

Funny thing is, last time that I was animating, there was a huge team who consisted of all the biggest comic makers of a comic making website, there were 24 of them. They made a comic series where any member could continue the series. I was not invited to this group, and after I started animating so did they. The leader disliked me strongly but at the fall of their empire, he commented on one of my animations in surprise at how smooth it was in comparison to theirs. Big names mean nothing, working hard and having fun matters.

Funny thing is, last time that I was animating, there was a huge team who consisted of all the biggest comic makers of a comic making website, there were 24 of them. They made a comic series where any member could continue the series. I was not invited to this group, and after I started animating so did they. The leader disliked me strongly but at the fall of their empire, he commented on one of my animations in surprise at how smooth it was in comparison to theirs. Big names mean nothing, working hard and having fun matters.

I like this post. This is a pretty freaking nice post.

maxresdefault.jpg