Move ZZZZane's Roundup topic to Mine-imator Development?

Move the topic?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you agree sign here.

• Add the topic there!
    • No way!

I believe there it would be more fitting as he does a great job at keeping track of every single update and would be beneficial to those looking for progress on the program right away. (i.e. new people join the forums and take a look at the dev page with nothing new added)

I support this, not because I created the topic.

But imagine a newbie looking for info, on say, new mobs in Mincecraft. Now say David recently made a post saying "New mobs are being added, these include rabits etc", I'd update the round up with this new info. Now the newbies would most likely search the "Mine-imator development" section for latest news on the next update, see the round up topic, and see new mobs are incoming. And Tada.

I do my best to keep on track with the infos. Now we just have to wait on David. 

Edited by ZZZZane

This could be a good idea, but then again, it's not an often occasion when someone would check the Mine-imator development section (the only time one would normally go there is to download v0.7 or 1.0.0 DEMO), therefore making the topic more discrete, which we don't want to happen.

The development forum was indented for me to announce news more in-depth than the dev blog and allow discussions around those news.
The discussion forum is for speculating about the future of the program and everything else not covered in the other subforums, so I think that would be the fitting home for this thread.

The development forum was indented for me to announce news more in-depth than the dev blog and allow discussions around those news.

The discussion forum is for speculating about the future of the program and everything else not covered in the other subforums, so I think that would be the fitting home for this thread.

While you are correct that the roundup is centered more around discussion, the Round-up is simply where the most recent info comes from. Even before the Mine-imator Development area. While you do announce everything official there, they are spaced far apart and for the sake of lurking followers they may end up checking there, finding nothing, and thinking the project is dead. While this actually isn't the case, it would merely make sense.

I do in fact understand your concern with this, and even had I propose a fine counter-argument it would simply be fruitless as this would go against the way you do things around here leaving me to feel a slight shred of guilt(?) over said proposition. That and I currently cannot think of a good counter-argument at this time. So I shall propose a compromise. At most I suggest the topic be pinned and have it's own announcement in case people want to follow along with development as at all times everyone will see this topic. At least I think the topic should be only pinned where it stands.

You do have the right to outright decline however. I will not pry as to why if that is the case, and I will do my best to understand.

While you are correct that the roundup is centered more around discussion, the Round-up is simply where the most recent info comes from. Even before the Mine-imator Development area. While you do announce everything official there, they are spaced far apart and for the sake of lurking followers they may end up checking there, finding nothing, and thinking the project is dead. While this actually isn't the case, it would merely make sense.

I do in fact understand your concern with this, and even had I propose a fine counter-argument it would simply be fruitless as this would go against the way you do things around here leaving me to feel a slight shred of guilt(?) over said proposition. That and I currently cannot think of a good counter-argument at this time. So I shall propose a compromise. At most I suggest the topic be pinned and have it's own announcement in case people want to follow along with development as at all times everyone will see this topic. At least I think the topic should be only pinned where it stands.

You do have the right to outright decline however. I will not pry as to why if that is the case, and I will do my best to understand.

Aight, pinned.