Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

but then how are we gonna -1 people like Chibi!!!! Come on the guy has -200 rep! also i guess this gives us freedom to say what we want without getting -1'd so.... Nascar sucks.

but then how are we gonna -1 people like Chibi!!!! Come on the guy has -200 rep! also i guess this gives us freedom to say what we want without getting -1'd so.... Nascar sucks.

I'm pretty sure that is a reason they removed the -1 button, some people miss-use it, mostly on Chibi, they're using him as a Test subject to find out the mysterious "-" ranks, which isn't fair to the guy, he's a member too, and should be treated like one....FAIRLY.

Edited by Spidey

I have a feeling this was brought on because people abused the system to begin with. Since it ever existed, people down-rep something they simply don't like. An opinion, or an animation can get down-repped because someone feels like it. Also people accidentally give down-rep due to mobile limitations. Now, you can't mess up. In order to say you don't like something, you must do it with words.

It may have been caused by the recent events to follow, but I'm not going to mention who and why if you didn't already see it. This change is for the better, because now you have to be bold with your criticism, (Whether constructive varies) and you cannot rally groups of people to massively down-rep posts. It's been abused and misused by so many accounts than the feature of +repping just given away by people who think something looks remotely cool.

Now personally I believe the +rep system has been misused more than the -rep system has, because people who produce generic content get tons/piles of rep based on who they are. I don't want to say this, but it's typically girls who get this luxury just because they are a female. They could even produce no content, and just make posts and they'll have just as much. This is what I see as abuse of the upvote system.

I would much rather have the reputation feature removed entirely, but it does show who makes exemplary posts and produces great content here. But it gets spoiled by people who abuse it, so I don't even know anymore.

If you think it's for the better, that's good. If it's for the worse, I agree as well. However think of what could happen if either reputation was removed entirely or if we just remove downvoting. Good or nothing? Utopia or generic?

I'm pretty sure that is a reason they removed the -1 button, some people miss-use it, mostly on Chibi, they're using him as a Test subject to find out the mysterious "-" ranks, which isn't fair to the guy, he's a member too, and should be treated like one....FAIRLY.

Read latest status update

yes, but im talking about the people who use him as a test subject, and misuse the - button.

And as I said. He made a mistake. That -rep is there to show what everyone did, and yeah; they should feel guilty. It wasn't fun. I only downrepped him because he was legitimately being hard to read at the time. Others just rallied because they think he was against David. This isn't the Crusades, gentlemen.

A few reasons for this...

• With the old system, you couldn't undo +/- rep giving, a big problem on small screens (phones...) Now you can simply unlike.
  • You can see in depth info about reputation received, such as dates and avatars. Statistics ftw!
  • Negative rep spawned too much pointless drama.

A few reasons for this...

• With the old system, you couldn't undo +/- rep giving, a big problem on small screens (phones...) Now you can simply unlike.
  • You can see in depth info about reputation received, such as dates and avatars. Statistics ftw!
  • Negative rep spawned too much pointless drama.

EXACTLY For that im going to give you a like......

Danget reached my quota.

I have a feeling this was brought on because people abused the system to begin with. Since it ever existed, people down-rep something they simply don't like. An opinion, or an animation can get down-repped because someone feels like it. Also people accidentally give down-rep due to mobile limitations. Now, you can't mess up. In order to say you don't like something, you must do it with words.

This really caught my eye.

This will really improve criticism and now I actually look forward to this.

Criticism=Improvement.