I'm sick of windows 8.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Well, I used to have a compuer with windows XP, and when I got this computer with Windows 8 first I was confused (the first day I didnt know how to go to deskop mode, and I got crazy because I couldn´t find the start button. Drag your mouse in the white letters if you want:

IN MY OPINION Windows 8 is more comfortable. I think that the people just get mad of there isnt a start button (I KNOW THAT THERE IS A THING THAT YOU CAN INSTALL). My computer sometimes is slow BECAUSE I use it to play games and a other stuff (and my computer is not made for that). Oh, well, I dont like Windows 7 or XP, I KNOW THAT THERE IS SOME incompatibilities in Windows 8 with things like softwares, games, etc. BUT! is still better for me :/

Edited by Daguex

I have a gaming computer that is windows 8, at first at did not like it, mainly because of no menu button, but I got used to it, and the fact that its windows 8 does not change how slow or how much memory it has, I have an ASUS computer and suprisingly it runs pretty fast and can hold a lot of memory.

Everything is so slow, Not that much memory.

I have no idea what you mean.

If everything is slow, then it's your Processor.

Memory? That has to do with your RAM.

And if you're talking about physical memory? Then that has to do with your Hard drive!

None of the things you're complaining about are Windows 8 specific?

Look at mine vvv

6Ke0qXd.png

So, all your arguments against windows 8 are invalid. :S

But everyone has their opinion for windows 8 though.

Edited by Emunator

It's mostly my computer, it cant handle windows 8 very well, I need to buy a new one. WITHOUT windows 8. I don't know, I just don't like it.

I'm a little late here but here goes. You don't even NEED a new computer. Just get the Windows 7 OS and install it. it can range from 20 - 100 bones, but it's not too bad to get.

And if you're talking about physical memory? Then that has to do with your Hard drive!

Look at mine vvv

6Ke0qXd.png

So, all your arguments against windows 8 are invalid.  :S 

16 GB of ram? That's rather excessive. (Though a guy like me would kill for that much ram.) Plus the windows 8 OS is just plain gimmicky. It does indeed slow everything down with it's flashy effects that are a pain to turn off. The hardware has nothing to do with it, because it's using all of that RAM to run things. And in every single windows OS, typically explorer.exe takes up the most space on the Ram when nothing is running. Though if the effects are turned off, it can go from 25,000 - 30,000 kb being used to 11,000 kb.

Counter-argument is null, void, and invalid.

I'm a little late here but here goes. You don't even NEED a new computer. Just get the Windows 7 OS and install it. it can range from 20 - 100 bones, but it's not too bad to get.

16 GB of ram? That's rather excessive. (Though a guy like me would kill for that much ram.) Plus the windows 8 OS is just plain gimmicky. It does indeed slow everything down with it's flashy effects that are a pain to turn off. The hardware has nothing to do with it, because it's using all of that RAM to run things. And in every single windows OS, typically explorer.exe takes up the most space on the Ram when nothing is running. Though if the effects are turned off, it can go from 25,000 - 30,000 kb being used to 11,000 kb.

Counter-argument is null, void, and invalid.

GG :S

I Agree your point that you mentioned earlier.

The Win8 OS was (and still is) Meant to used for the new tablets.

Even on computers, it still installs touchscreen features, Which is pointless, because I dont think people wanna spend even more money buying monitors with touchscreen interfaces. :/

(And yea, 16 gb is excessive(And damn expensive >_>) It helps me find memory leaks easier.)

Honestly, the only thing I like about Windows8 is the GUI. I personally think it's pretty. :P

Yeah, its the computer not windows 8.

I meant windows 8 on THIS computer, Windows 8 is fine, just not on this computer.

I don't know if it was used, but when I bought it the disk tray was broke, it has trouble with internet sometimes, and it just bugs me ALOT.

Look at mine vvv

6Ke0qXd.png

So, all your arguments against windows 8 are invalid. :S

2 TERABYTES!? WHAAT!

If you don't like windows 8 then so be it go back to windows 7. DO NOT GO BACK TO WINDOWS XP.  They are no longer supporting it and will provide NO updates at all for it.  Also, Vista is buggy beyond all belief.  

Windows 8 i am using (8.1 in fact) and it works smoothly with the new version of mine-imator.  I use windows 7 on my personal laptop.  My school laptop has windows 7.  My server desktop (may i remind you is a FUDGETON old) runs windows 8 smoothly.  I dunno what's going on with yours but you may just have bad memory in it.  My windows 8 desktop has 3GB of memory in it.  my laptop has 4GB.  perfect for running games.  It depends on your graphics card, also for some games.  

In conclusion stick with what you know best.  Unless it's XP or Vista.  Then stick with 7 or 8 or 8.1.  Just... just also try to get a job this coming summer to upgrade all of your stuff.