Do you have to use a facial rig to gain likes and tons of subscribers?

niCx
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Well all the Minecraft animations I watch from Slamacow and Elememtanimation use facial rigs for their animations, and they get a ton of likes and a boat load of subscribers.

But then there's Willcraft Animations. He has a million subscribers and he doesn't use facial rigs.

Is that an exception and you can get tons of subscribers and likes without facial rigs or is facial rigs better and can get you more subscribers?

16 answers to this question

Well all the Minecraft animations I watch from Slamacow and Elememtanimation use facial rigs for their animations, and they get a ton of likes and a boat load of subscribers.

But then there's Willcraft Animations. He has a million subscribers and he doesn't use facial rigs.

Is that an exception and you can get tons of subscribers and likes without facial rigs or is facial rigs better and can get you more subscribers?

Off topic:a million subscribers?

On Topic: Tags, Add alot of tags and that'll help get your video viewed at the side. I dont put many tags therefore I dont get many views or subscribers.

I remember The Glorious David saying something about this

he said something like 'they started back when people thought steves head spinning was an evolutionary success'...

Originality and teaming with popular people has a lot to do with it to

Edited by RedcapCreations

Pff Willcraft - got lucky, but can't we say that about a lot of YouTuber's who are now famous? Yes, but he really needs to be strapped down and eyes taped open and forced to watch Acorus's or Stevepocalyptic's channel.

A person like Willcraft may not use rigs however his quality of animation with the default is amazingly not amazing, Frossa get your censor here :L

Using rigs just helps show more details, however if you were to animate something that doesn't necessarily need facial expression you don't need rigs. If you've seen Correen's I am the Night animation, Batman uses barely any expression in his actual films or other TV animated shows, other than eyebrows for frowning, but Correen has kept the flow of the story going despite the lack of facial rigs. The fact that the story and the animation was above average in its factors like story, flow of movement, effects and sound, the lack of facial rigs would have barely been of note.

Pff Willcraft - got lucky, but can't we say that about a lot of YouTuber's who are now famous? Yes, but he really needs to be strapped down and eyes taped open and forced to watch Acorus's or Stevepocalyptic's channel.

A person like Willcraft may not use rigs however his quality of animation with the default is amazingly not amazing, The Amazing Frossa get your censor here :L

Or mine! Also, Willcraft isn't even on the forums yet everyone know's him, kinda makes no sense to me.

Yeah, Willcraft doesn't use rigs but his animation story and idea was kinda cool, actually.

You need ideas/stories to have views and maybe subscribers. It doesn't need to be always funny, but this helps.

You have to think what people would like, like Willcraft's Monster School, no one expected someone will do/made that kind of animated thing in Minecraft. Tags helps a lot, tags increase your video views. You got to think what people likes.. Like, "Hot girl in Minecraft".. 

You also need to have originality or else, you'll get hates. The animation should be smooth to have likes. The animation doesn't need to be long, if it's short. It need to have a cool story. It needs an intro and outro, intro had to be 8 seconds and below (If you want to.) Well, to make it kinda-pro animation, you need a better editing software to add effects. That's all I can say..

Shane's player school is better than Wilcraft's monster school. No offense to any Willcraft fans there but his animation is not that good, Acorus, Stevepocalyptic, GunLock, and others deserves more views, subs, and likes..

I agree that willcraft got lucky.

But,

-He always have a great idea while making animations,

-I can see that his animations are improving high and higher, (ex) Block Breakings, Door knockings etc

A lot of other people gets a lot of views by making a series of (Schools) which is a complete rip off of an idea from

" Monster School * For example, Shane (No offense) makes player school same as monster school

What I know to make good videos and get subscribers:

1. Quality {This counts for visual quality, sound quality, and how the animation is over-all}
  2. Originality {Over-all idea. A "Fight with Herobrine" animation is over-used, unless the back-story is completely original}
  3. Interesting-ness {Make the animation funny, like a comedy skit, or serious, like a boss fight with a wide-spread corruption, and you, with the power to save the world, all in the palm of your hand}

Also: TAGS! Put in a bunch of tags related to popular YouTubers with some similar content. For example, you make animations, and Slamacow Creations makes a lot of animations, too. Tag "Slamacow" as a tag, for example. Or, if you play the Hunger Games on Minecraft, and CaptainSparklez plays the Minecraft Hunger Games, you can tag "CaptainSparklez" or "Hunger Games" as some of the few.

Edited by MCWarrior

Facial rigs are just used for vocal ability on characters. It can be done without, but nobody really cries over it.

If your animation has taken some time to make, and some effort to work upon. uses a good plotline and has some good previews; I can assure you it will get some attention.

However I could be wrong since it has to peak the interest of people, what people would want. I created a WWI animation that lasted a good 46 seconds with some good sound and editing and it has not gotten more than 10 views. (two weeks of work to pull off mind you)

Well honestly, i dosent matter about rigs and stuff, its just that the animations have to have a couple requirements :

-The animation has to be Non-Choppy

-It cant have wierd sounds (like computer humming) in the the background.

thats all i hope this helped