[Suggestion] Anti-Aliasing

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey there, i have a suggestion for the future of mine-imator (maybe v. 0.7).

(wikipedia) Anti-aliasing In digital signal processing, spatial anti-aliasing is the technique of minimizing the distortion artifacts known as aliasing when representing a high-resolution image at a lower resolution. Anti-aliasing is used in digital photography, computer graphics, digital audio, and many other applications.

(in this case) Anti-aliasing will smooth the edges of a block/character/scenary/etc in mineimator.

Exemples:

sNgX0a0.png ;MquIiYb.png.

Note for David, i found this Anti-Aliasing Extension for Game Maker.

Thanks.

If that is being put in, an option to disable it would be very much appreciated, since AA would surely need more power to be rendered. And when animating, you don't need AA that much, really. But that would be a nice touch for the final render, for sure.

If that is being put in, an option to disable it would be very much appreciated, since AA would surely need more power to be rendered. And when animating, you don't need AA that much, really. But that would be a nice touch for the final render, for sure.

AA isn't that demanding when it comes to shaders. It just makes the edges smoother. When I got my compoot (keep in mind without a graphics or video card) it could have 16X AA in most games I play. The damages were only 5 frames-per-second slower but that's it.

This would actually be great with the new additions of shadows and all. Shadows have been made to be smooth, so why not some anti-aliasing on blocks?

(yay for me. I didn't post a new topic about this, and just commented on an old one.)

I belive AA is already implemented judging by the reveal images David has been teasing us with.