[4k] Kickin' on Koryza

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

things that i have to criticize:

the left side is completely empty like if it was some sort of Fallout wasteland, with no objects at all

the SSAO under the ice is confusing, which made me think at first that the ice was a layer below the snow/sand/whatever

the water is glowing like if it was neon stuff

the lighting is pretty bland. it's only 1 point light with no spotlights or anything to decorate or detail it except from the snow which is for some reason only on the snowy/sandy parts.

the image loading times are long

i like the edge ice illusion you did with the ice that's right next to the sand/snow though. it reminds me a bit of the super duper graphics pack.

8 minutes ago, Cubic Ralsei said:

~

left side: unsure what else i would put there, it's an ocean/ice plain after all

ssao: agree

water: unfortunately that would be the edge of the map; while i would like to increase the size of my schematics this is already pushing my laptop. perhaps i could apply a surface over there and cover the empty area up, thus preventing the glow??

lighting: unsure what else i would add; there is a spot light near the moon that is providing extra light. i really did want to do a bleed light effect but it didn't work out and the shadows went everywhere. maybe i could add some very dim spot lights to better illuminate the characters?

1 hour ago, Kwazedilla said:

water: unfortunately that would be the edge of the map; while i would like to increase the size of my schematics this is already pushing my laptop. perhaps i could apply a surface over there and cover the empty area up, thus preventing the glow??

lighting: unsure what else i would add; there is a spot light near the moon that is providing extra light. i really did want to do a bleed light effect but it didn't work out and the shadows went everywhere. maybe i could add some very dim spot lights to better illuminate the characters?

Yes, you should use a surface for the water, as it's details are not seen.

There needs to be light coming from the moon.

1 hour ago, Kwazedilla said:

You could add a second, dimmer Point Light at the same location as first one on the Campfire, but with "Cast shadows" turned off. This would simulate scattered light from the flames, giving more of a warm glow to the unlit areas right below the Campfire.

2 minutes ago, __Mine__ said:

You could add a second, dimmer Point Light at the same location as first one on the Campfire, but with "Cast shadows" turned off. This would simulate scattered light from the flames, giving more of a warm glow to the unlit areas right below the Campfire.

good idea; that should make the shadows created by the point light under the campfire more soft

Just now, Frost* said:

Yes, it needs some more strength.

simple enough; i set the light to a grayish-blue so i should increase the amount of white present