Any volumetric lighting/cloud tutorials?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

After being gone for quite some time and deciding to get into mineimator again/thinking up some good ideas, I've noticed how people have volumetric clouds and lighting in their animations..

May anyone help me find a good tutorial on how to make volumetric lighting/clouds? :o

12 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Colonel Muffin said:

:thumbsup:

30 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Welp, you can make volumetric lighting with an editing program such as After Effects, but costs money. 

Or you can do a vanilla effect, see here:

I actually plan to make an updated tutorial on volumetrics soon, I think everyone will be... quite pleased.

4 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Or you can do a vanilla effect

Yeah, that's what I plan to do :D

@-StickyMations- @Colonel Muffin I always thought people just spent hours messing around with countless lighting effects in mineimator, was it with blocks this whole time? Or are there 2 ways, 1 with messing with lighting and another with using blocks like the video sent?

1 minute ago, kingnicolas27 said:

What's alpha rigging? :o

Do you know Skibbz' facial rig? If you do, It utilizes the alpha rigging. It's sorta like making things inside the rig, but without erasing something in the png. It's hard to explain something you know, but can't put into words.:wacko: