how to disable shadows in ground?

Snake
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

im making an animation that happens in the sea so i put the default ground texture as ocean texture. then to make it look like actual minecraft water i got a huge chunk of water and i loaded it as schematic. it's only water and nothing else. i made it flat, then i put the island schematic that i wanted in there. the problem is I get the island casting a shadow that looks pretty ugly. it looks like the island is floating. i want to get rid of that shadow to get it looking how i want to but i dont know how. if i disable cast shadows on the island schematics then the trees and everything on top of the island doesnt cast a shadow so its not a solution... what can I do?

pic:

FkBVXmh.png

how i want it (i disabled render mode so i dont get the shadow)

r06nblY.png

Edited by Snake

14 answers to this question

35 minutes ago, The LuckyFox said:

did ya try all we said?

yes i tried, doesnt work, brightness at 100% does nothing and i cant disable the shadows on the island schematic otherwise the island looks bad (no shadows casted by trees grass etc so it looks lame)

52 minutes ago, KyodonZ said:

Remove background

dosent work, it makes the water look like its made from blue paint

1PmX2p0.png

apparently u need the grond texture below the water blocks so it looks normal..

23 hours ago, Colonel Muffin said:

Maybe disable shadows on the water, not the island?

yeah i have the cast shadows disabled in the water schematic already, otherwise it creates a massive shadow on the ground.. so yeah it doesnt work

On 29/10/2016 at 6:03 PM, Snake said:

yes i tried, doesnt work, brightness at 100% does nothing and i cant disable the shadows on the island schematic otherwise the island looks bad (no shadows casted by trees grass etc so it looks lame)

dosent work, it makes the water look like its made from blue paint

1PmX2p0.png

apparently u need the grond texture below the water blocks so it looks normal..

23 hours ago, SB7989 said:

why not remove the ground altogether? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

read the quote above

if i disable ground, i get the water looking like that

I don't think you are going to find a workaround for that. I stumbled upon this problem myself and it was not possible to do anything about it... @David should add an option to objects characteristics that lets you chose if you want to cast a shadow in the ground or not (in a tickable box next to the "cast shadows" box and so on)

6 hours ago, moniker said:

I don't think you are going to find a workaround for that. I stumbled upon this problem myself and it was not possible to do anything about it... @David should add an option to objects characteristics that lets you chose if you want to cast a shadow in the ground or not (in a tickable box next to the "cast shadows" box and so on)

already there. read the top.