I wish we could have a way to make feet stay on the floor while you move the rest

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I mean for example, a character is standing and you want to make him start walking while making a sightly a curved trajectory. To make it look good its just too frustrating. You have to position the character each keyframe to make the feet stick on the floor as accurate as possible, since when you turn while you start walking a a leg acts as a support and doesn't move while you rotate.. you also have to use linear keyframes only, so it doesn't look smooth (when you start walking you don't start with a constant speed but with some acceleration) it's hard to explain but it's so frustrating, to make characters do this in mineimator, compared to cinema4d where you can make the feet stick to the floor, then you move the other feet and the whole character moves accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Euo9-IXpk4&t=3m11s

Edited by moniker

if you like how it is in c4d go to c4d, MI is like that and end of story, we know that's frustating but the great part of us use MI 'cus we can't handle c4d or blender, if david added every single suggestion that newbies make, then it would be even heavier than c4d, the idea is to make a simple program, for simple animations.

5 minutes ago, BBruce7815 said:

if you like how it is in c4d go to c4d, MI is like that and end of story, we know that's frustating but the great part of us use MI 'cus we can't handle c4d or blender, if david added every single suggestion that newbies make, then it would be even heavier than c4d, the idea is to make a simple program, for simple animations.

My computer can't take c4d, rendering times are insane.

5 minutes ago, moniker said:

My computer can't take c4d, rendering times are insane.

MI is supposed to be more simple, so it won't take that time to render, but to do that, some things just don't are there.

27 minutes ago, moniker said:

I mean for example, a character is standing and you want to make him start walking while making a sightly a curved trajectory. To make it look good its just too frustrating. You have to position the character each keyframe to make the feet stick on the floor as accurate as possible, since when you turn while you start walking a a leg acts as a support and doesn't move while you rotate.. you also have to use linear keyframes only, so it doesn't look smooth (when you start walking you don't start with a constant speed but with some acceleration) it's hard to explain but it's so frustrating, to make characters do this in mineimator, compared to cinema4d where you can make the feet stick to the floor, then you move the other feet and the whole character moves accordingly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Euo9-IXpk4&t=3m11s

sadly, you can't

David has stopped working on the program, only adding new mobs and blocks.

He's not adding new features to MI

10 minutes ago, LucianAnimations said:

sadly, you can't

David has stopped working on the program, only adding new mobs and blocks.

He's not adding new features to MI

Well, I hope that at least the bugs I have reported get fixed..

17 minutes ago, BBruce7815 said:

MI is supposed to be more simple, so it won't take that time to render, but to do that, some things just don't are there.

Would IK add render time that much? I think what adds a lot of render time in c4d are the high quality shaders, realtime shadows, realtime physics and so on.

2 minutes ago, moniker said:

Would IK add render time that much?

ok, you win that one, i'll give you another reason why david can't add IK, the program wasn't made to do that! it was created in game maker studio wich means that is almost imposible to acomplish adding IK, MI can't handle it.

7 hours ago, BBruce7815 said:

ok, you win that one, i'll give you another reason why david can't add IK, the program wasn't made to do that! it was created in game maker studio wich means that is almost imposible to acomplish adding IK, MI can't handle it.

Indeed, game maker studio is too limiting.

Whoever programs a Mineimator alternative in a more robust workspace like c++ is sitting under a goldmine. Just a Mineimator with all the stuff that's lacking and all the rendering glitches solved, would be a hit.

29 minutes ago, moniker said:

Indeed, game maker studio is too limiting.

Whoever programs a Mineimator alternative in a more robust workspace like c++ is sitting under a goldmine. Just a Mineimator with all the stuff that's lacking and all the rendering glitches solved, would be a hit.

we know, but nobody knows how to do that, or has the time to, so all we can do is feel comfortable for now, lets see what happens in the future.