Help, Sky Texture is messed up

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

18 answers to this question

Skysphere stretches the texture. You would need something extremely HD in order for it to work properly. 

I'd suggest googling skybox or skysphere textures, and look for ones that are around 4k or more in size. 

Edited by KicksBrickster

3 minutes ago, Skjold said:

For goodness sake.. PRESS THE "QUOTE" BUTTON WHEN REPLYING TO SOMEONE... Else they dont know if you replied to them, @iRockstar12230

oh ok, thanks for the tip, im kinda new to this system and used to the auto reply :P

back on topic

22 minutes ago, Pancakes Hero! said:

i think the clouds texture is too small

wut do you mean the clouds are too small?? like i said 

17 minutes ago, iRockstar12230 said:

huh??? i tried to do the same resolution as my project is ( which is 1920x816) but it doesnt work, i think skysphere is the problem because when i look up i see that thing

too many quotes :P

1 hour ago, Blue Chocolatebar said:

Get a sky texture with 4k resolution.

1 hour ago, KicksBrickster said:

Skysphere stretches the texture. You would need something extremely HD in order for it to work properly. 

I'd suggest googling skybox or skysphere textures, and look for ones that are around 4k or more in size. 

so what your trying to say is, get a skytexture that is 4k and a skysphere??? also whats better? skysphere ot skybox

also where can i get the 4K Skysphere textures? i cant seem to find any in the internet

Edited by iRockstar12230

18 minutes ago, iRockstar12230 said:

also where can i get the 4K Skysphere textures? i cant seem to find any in the internet

Sky_horiz_6-2048.jpg

18 minutes ago, iRockstar12230 said:

so what your trying to say is, get a skytexture that is 4k and a skysphere??? also whats better? skysphere ot skybox

Depends, sometimes a skysphere works better, sometimes a skybox works better.

25 minutes ago, Blue Chocolatebar said:

Depends, sometimes a skysphere works better, sometimes a skybox works better.

The difference between skybox and skysphere is that a sphere wraps like a sphere and the box wraps like the inside of a box, it's that simple.

The box uses a 4 sided map template while the sphere only has 1 sided map.

On 5/9/2016 at 5:38 AM, AbAppletic said:

I recommend @ÜberKiller's Skybox/Skysphere rig. It's amazing.

In the newer versions of mine-imator it's actually not needed.

ANYWAYS, here's an answer:

Change the skybox type to skysphere. That should really be it, since I used it and it came out with no issues: Also change the file type to a .png since Mine-imator can get all funky when loading assets as a .jpg file.

BBqNn2D.png

ps: job corp's upload speed is godly. I can upload uncompressed MI images in 2 seconds.

11 hours ago, ÜberKiller said:

In the newer versions of mine-imator it's actually not needed.

ANYWAYS, here's an answer:

Change the skybox type to skysphere. That should really be it, since I used it and it came out with no issues: Also change the file type to a .png since Mine-imator can get all funky when loading assets as a .jpg file.

BBqNn2D.png

ps: job corp's upload speed is godly. I can upload uncompressed MI images in 2 seconds.

mmmkaaayyy