Future of mine-imator?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

mine-imator today still a bit weird the animation....

mine-imator on the future will be like Cinema4D/Blender Animations/Framework....Right? if your plan is Transform the mine-imator a Animation Tool of minecraft.

my inglish is bad, ok, my grammar too, Ok.

so much people requests this, and it's imposible! mine-imator will never be like these programs, it's unique and thats all, what more you wan't?

mine-imator was designed to be a user friendly animation software, it's not supposed to be confusing and messy like blender, or that advanced like c4d, it's just like the first push in animation.

44 minutes ago, BBruno7815 said:

so much people requests this, and it's imposible! mine-imator will never be like these programs, it's unique and thats all, what more you wan't?

mine-imator was designed to be a user friendly animation software, it's not supposed to be confusing and messy like blender, or that advanced like c4d, it's just like the first push in animation.

Congrats for being the only one who gets it

No, it won't be like Cinema4D, Blender, or Maya. And here's why, the current engine Mine-imator uses is called "Game-Maker: Studio" and is written in GML(Game-Maker Language.) which is pretty powerful for 2D games, but it doesn't do so hot when it comes to 3D, it's some-what limited. Mine-imator currently doesn't have a lot of features that are specifically for 3D because some of the main features Mine-imator has, are from the Game-Maker Market/forums. Like the dynamic shadows, if David wouldn't never of found that, MI would still look like 0.7. Okay, now what if Mine-imator was re-made in another engine you may ask. Well, David considered saying he wanted to re-make MI in C++, but he was already too far into the GameMaker version to go back and re-make it. But if it was actually re-made in C++, It would open more doors to new possiblities, but then again, David is just one person, not a company where there are groups of people who work on a program. And, David has moved on from Mine-imator and is now working on new projects. And from the looks of how the "mod-creating" is going on now, it will be a long time till it ever looks anything like the programs you mentioned.

TL;DR: 3D Gamemaker is limited, David doesn't work on MI anymore, and a lot of mods aren't being made.

Edited by PikaMasterzMC

14 minutes ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

No, it won't be like Cinema4D, Blender, or Maya. And here's why, the current engine Mine-imator uses is called "Game-Maker: Studio" and is written in GML(Game-Maker Language.) which is pretty powerful for 2D games, but it doesn't do so hot when it comes to 3D, it's some-what limited. Mine-imator currently doesn't have a lot of features that are specifically for 3D because some of the main features Mine-imator has, are from the Game-Maker Market/forums. Like the dynamic shadows, if David wouldn't never of found that, MI would still look like 0.7. Okay, now what if Mine-imator was re-made in another engine you may ask. Well, David considered saying he wanted to re-make MI in C++, but he was already too far into the GameMaker version to go back and re-make it. But if it was actually re-made in C++, It would open more doors to new possiblities, but then again, David is just one person, not a company where there are groups of people who work on a program. And, David has moved on from Mine-imator and is now working on new projects. And from the looks of how the "mod-creating" is going on now, it will be a long time till it ever looks anything like the programs you mentioned.

If you're lazy to read this: no chances that David will make new render - he's working(-ed) on MI alone and it's made on GML using "GameMaker: Studio" Engine. If you know C++, you can remake it in C++ language.