Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Scenery, effects, and shading are awesome..

you are a fan of it right?

oh for the next episode, use ease in & out transition to make a smooth movement, i bet u get that 0.1.

the scenery is so  big until my laptop can't handle it, lol

looking forward for the next one.

Edited by XanderTheV

I would give you money for a complete DVD set for the whole thing. its just that good

I have no idea how some animators have such motivation to continue their work. Wish I could be like that

10/10

Wow thanks man! I know this sounds super cheesy, but it really is the great support and feedback everybody gives me for this series that keeps me going at it. :)

Also mtn dew helps.

Wow thanks man! I know this sounds super cheesy, but it really is the great support and feedback everybody gives me for this series that keeps me going at it. :)

Also mtn dew helps.

what he said, when you get genuine positive support from a group of people you respect and love, it gives you a huge motivation spike (and a huge ego spike)

Doritos help too

Also mtn dew helps.

what he said, when you get genuine positive support from a group of people you respect and love, it gives you a huge motivation spike (and a huge ego spike)

Doritos help too

heheh. if you're like me. I don't get much support or feedback most of the time. its mostly just likes which don't do anything for me.

dewritos doesn't improve a lot unless I quckscope

heheh. if you're like me. I don't get much support or feedback most of the time. its mostly just likes which don't do anything for me.

dewritos doesn't improve a lot unless I quckscope

I'd have to say that the thing that has always given me the most success with my animations is breaking boundaries and being passionate about your creation. For each of my animations, specifically the ones I consider to be 'legit' animations, I try to make it as good as possible, I try to do what no other animators have done before. That's why i use enormous sceneries, that's why i make all my own rigs... I want my animations to be completely original and groundbreaking. 'The Prisoner' was groundbreaking about a year ago with it's lighting, LoH is groundbreaking because it's a successful (so far) story-based series that utilizes all the best mine-imator has to offer. Each new animation should be better than the last. That's why i put so much detail, like I put in more sound effects than the average video, I don't use copyrighted music, but still am able to find good songs. I take real actual pride in each of my animations, I treat each one like my baby and I want the best for it. 

For me, my favorite thing about animating is telling stories in the most beautiful, detailed, and cinematic way, that's why it takes about a month for each animation. I could make a ton of posts and sneak peeks and updates on what's happening, and I'm sure I'd get a ton of likes... But that takes away the passion and value from each of the actual episodes. I want it to be that when you watch one of these episodes, you're purely invested and intrigued because everything you see is completely original. I want the viewer to experience the video as it was meant to be experience. if they go in there already knowing everything, then that takes away from the cinematic experience... So I always remember that the experience of the viewer is more valuable than likes...

Holy crud, talk about a long speech.

tl;dr: I am super passionate about all my videos, and I agree that likes are cheap... it's all about how you tell the story and how you make the viewer feel while watching it.

I'd have to say that the thing that has always given me the most success with my animations is breaking boundaries and being passionate about your creation. For each of my animations, specifically the ones I consider to be 'legit' animations, I try to make it as good as possible, I try to do what no other animators have done before. That's why i use enormous sceneries, that's why i make all my own rigs... I want my animations to be completely original and groundbreaking. 'The Prisoner' was groundbreaking about a year ago with it's lighting, LoH is groundbreaking because it's a successful (so far) story-based series that utilizes all the best mine-imator has to offer. Each new animation should be better than the last. That's why i put so much detail, like I put in more sound effects than the average video, I don't use copyrighted music, but still am able to find good songs. I take real actual pride in each of my animations, I treat each one like my baby and I want the best for it. 

For me, my favorite thing about animating is telling stories in the most beautiful, detailed, and cinematic way, that's why it takes about a month for each animation. I could make a ton of posts and sneak peeks and updates on what's happening, and I'm sure I'd get a ton of likes... But that takes away the passion and value from each of the actual episodes. I want it to be that when you watch one of these episodes, you're purely invested and intrigued because everything you see is completely original. I want the viewer to experience the video as it was meant to be experience. if they go in there already knowing everything, then that takes away from the cinematic experience... So I always remember that the experience of the viewer is more valuable than likes...

tl;dr: I am super passionate about all my videos, and I agree that likes are cheap... it's all about how you tell the story and how you make the viewer feel while watching it.

Wow I never really thought of that. Passion for something ive worked on never really occurred to me seeing how I criticize even myself at times which ends up in a lot of cancelled projects and some more loss motivation and my creativity goes down. ill try and see if I can finish one of those projects in the future when I feel inspired enough.to work on them again and actually complete them.

At least you're part of that inspiration ill be able to use later on. :3

;)

Just saw it. Awesome as usual! There were a couple of hitches in some of the sweeping camera movements, but still very solid work throughout.

Your passion really shines through in this series, each scene shows a lot of care taken to polish it to just the right feeling. This may make me sound old, but you kind of remind me of me. Lol. I made a fair amount of machinima years ago, back in the days when Halo machinima was all the rage, and I felt similarly as you when making my "movies". It's refreshing to see someone who actually cares about their work and does so with passion.

Just saw it. Awesome as usual! There were a couple of hitches in some of the sweeping camera movements, but still very solid work throughout.

Your passion really shines through in this series, each scene shows a lot of care taken to polish it to just the right feeling. This may make me sound old, but you kind of remind me of me. Lol. I made a fair amount of machinima years ago, back in the days when Halo machinima was all the rage, and I felt similarly as you when making my "movies". It's refreshing to see someone who actually cares about their work and does so with passion.

YESSS someone finally gets me! xD  I'm a little on the older side of this forum too, and I totally understand what you mean. Thanks for your amazing feedback m8! :)