The First 12 Minutes of True Love (Unlisted Video, Not Full thing)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So this is what i call "Clip for Vip" Alot of you recall i quoted that "Next upload is the movie" Well i ment for the public. I give mine-imator animators special acsess to never before seen clips of the movie before it is released.

So here is the first 12 minutes of True Love. I still have another 30 minutes or so to go ;-;

**Awww the feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels**

Very nice! However I do notice that you switch from 0.7 to 1.0.0 and back to 0.7 at some parts. But still, keep it up!

Some of the scenes i tried to render in 1.0 but they crashed. for example that first scene.

The story-line is AWESOME! :D But, some of the animation could be worked on.

If you're going to make a series or long animation, at least use your own walking animation. Plus, at some points, the animations were a bit slow, and at others, a bit fast. And at some scenes, especially 11:52, the mood changes way too fast. Personally, the scene needs to build up towards that point. He can't be crying and sad with his back against the wall, then immediately change his mood. He should have said something to slowly escalate towards the part.

I know how hard it can sometimes be to animate something, especially 30 minutes long. But, I thought I would state my opinion.

If you're going to make a series or long animation, at least use your own walking animation. Plus, at some points, the animations were a bit slow, and at others, a bit fast. And at some scenes, especially 11:52, the mood changes way too fast. Personally, the scene needs to build up towards that point. He can't be crying and sad with his back against the wall, then immediately change his mood. He should have said something to slowly escalate towards the part.

I know how hard it can sometimes be to animate something, especially 30 minutes long. But, I thought I would state my opinion.

Even trough, all the things he did here, no matter how little bad you think he made them. He made them 3000000 better times then me 8 D

That walking animation is only used during scenes where they walk long distances. It's not used too often. And if it is i modify it a little bit.

Here's my review of it so far:

The Goods -

• The score and music of the animation is fantastic; stellar.
  • Story is pretty good. Much more context and reason behind it that most others.
  • Locations have some meaning to them.
  • Good characters which are full of emotion even though not speaking often.

The Bads -

• The animation deserves an update to 1.0.0 someday. It's even worth paying penny out of pocket to upgrade your pc.
  • The movement can be slow, perhaps too slow.
  • When at the scene where the two first meet, they just kind of hold hands, hug and kiss for no reason at all. I mean love at first sight as a justification is pretty bad. 
  • Stock walking cycle. It gets horrendous to look at sometimes, and it's pretty overused.
  • At around 6:35, there's just a long, droning, black screen which serves no purpose. I know this is a vocal part, but this almost seems like this section was just unfinished.

Questions -

• Why does the main love interest just die? What happened?
  • Why do some characters feet slide?

I didn't work on this I just call it like I see it okay, so the complaints need to be addressed. I know I have a lot of bad things over good things, but I still enjoyed it overall.

The Bads -

• At around 6:35, there's just a long, droning, black screen which serves no purpose. I know this is a vocal part, but this almost seems like this section was just unfinished.

Questions -

• Why does the main love interest just die? What happened?
  • Why do some characters feet slide?

I didn't work on this I just call it like I see it okay, so the complaints need to be addressed. I know I have a lot of bad things over good things, but I still enjoyed it overall.

#1 I notice that. I was in a rush to get this first 12 minutes done but it will be later replaced with pictures and clips of the things described

#2 If you are asking why "And then it all ended" One person was killed by a wither, But the other is out for revenge

#3 I'm still getting the hang of turning animations. Alot of the animations seen here are old, OLD animations (Made 1 year ago) And others are more recent (Not shown in here) and more effort was put into them.

Thanks for the advice! As much as i like people Saying my content is good, I like it more when they tell me what to improve and what i did wrong and also how i can fix it. 

Edited by Mike Schmidt

I like it, a bit slow here and there, but pretty fine, there story in my opinion is kinda messy, notch created the wither so it could kill the CPU he created, i like thinking that mc animations is another dimension in my opinion, but here you cant, cause thet are not in. Different diemensions, they are simply CPU, but im still hyped for this :3

Drumroll pls? And the winner of the 2014 minecraft movie awards is...                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

True Love, by The Tan James and his crew!

I like it, a bit slow here and there, but pretty fine, there story in my opinion is kinda messy, notch created the wither so it could kill the CPU he created, i like thinking that mc animations is another dimension in my opinion, but here you cant, cause thet are not in. Different diemensions, they are simply CPU, but im still hyped for this :3

The Thing is, The wither went rouge. It was sad when the wither started killing yes...but then when it started hacking minecraft is when things went out of hand. 

Drumroll pls? And the winner of the 2014 minecraft movie awards is...                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

True Love, by The Tan James and his crew!

I sure hope so...Thanks! :D

I'm a bit dissapointed that the girl just dies before the story even begins, the whole love thing seems to be very forced as if the entire point of it was to set up a quest of revenge for the guy.

And theres a lot of talking, it would be better if most of the prolouge were shown rather than spoken(That would be a LOT of work and time though)

Other than that it's excellent and probably took LOADS of time, I look forward to seeing the full thing.