Mine-imator 1.0.0 DEMO

Demo 5...

Well, I fell in love with the new features here. After switching from 0.7.0, there is no way I could possibly go back.

Except...

I can't start a new project in 1.0.0 because it doesn't save. There is no 'save as' button, only a 'save' button, which does nothing! Believe me, I have tried every conceivable way to save new animations. The only way I can save is if I start it in 0.7.0. I guess this is okay for future projects, but the one I was working on will have to be deleted because I can't save it. Pressing 'save' is like pressing 'close door' on elevators.

Next problem: schematics. In 0.7.0, I had no problem importing my world onto the animation. Now? Does not work. At all. Even if I save it in 0.7.0 (which I have to), when I load it in Demo 5, the schematic is gone! The characters and items I put in are there, but not the world... Very frustrating. I can't even load the schematics anymore in 1.0.0.

How am I supposed to animate without saving or worlds? I'm off ranting, sorry for that.

Another minor issue: My skins have gone all funky but you don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure I can fix it even though I've spent the last hour trying to do so =)

Thus, my dilema. I can't work in 1.0.0. because it is almost impossible for me to do. And, I can't go back to 0.7.0 because it doesn't have the features I need...

Demo 5...

Well, I fell in love with the new features here. After switching from 0.7.0, there is no way I could possibly go back.

Except...

I can't start a new project in 1.0.0 because it doesn't save. There is no 'save as' button, only a 'save' button, which does nothing! Believe me, I have tried every conceivable way to save new animations. The only way I can save is if I start it in 0.7.0. I guess this is okay for future projects, but the one I was working on will have to be deleted because I can't save it. Pressing 'save' is like pressing 'close door' on elevators.

Next problem: schematics. In 0.7.0, I had no problem importing my world onto the animation. Now? Does not work. At all. Even if I save it in 0.7.0 (which I have to), when I load it in Demo 5, the schematic is gone! The characters and items I put in are there, but not the world... Very frustrating. I can't even load the schematics anymore in 1.0.0.

How am I supposed to animate without saving or worlds? I'm off ranting, sorry for that.

Another minor issue: My skins have gone all funky but you don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure I can fix it even though I've spent the last hour trying to do so =)

Thus, my dilema. I can't work in 1.0.0. because it is almost impossible for me to do. And, I can't go back to 0.7.0 because it doesn't have the features I need...

Hi, does the install path contain any non-latin characters? That could cause all that.

Hi, does the install path contain any non-latin characters? That could cause all that.

I don't think so. My entire computer is English, and I know I haven't typed anything non-latin. So, unless non-latin characters are already pre-downloaded onto it (probably not), then probably not. Sorry! I really, truly do love Mine-imator. It's just kinda frustrating, ya know?

wait what?

Yes. Very. Well, basically...one thing that updaters shouldn't do is redirect people to a website or forum post just to download a new version of software. That is a bit user-hostile. BTW, do you want 25 installers in your downloads folder?

Edited by DotComCrash

will it be possible to load 16x16 or 32x32, etc pictures from the newer form of texturing by themselves instead of 128x128 or 256x256 pictures for items/terrain? or it is it already possible?

Edited by xNinjabob

Yes. Very. Well, basically...one thing that updaters shouldn't do is redirect people to a website or forum post just to download a new version of software. That is a bit user-hostile. BTW, do you want 25 installers in your downloads folder?

David uses Gamemaker for Mineimator, I don't know if Gamemaker can automatically download and install files.

(I've seen it done in the older versions of GM but alot has changed)

Also don't forget that this is just a demo version and im sure david plans to do something of an auto updater in the future.

You also mentioned that its tedious to have '25 installers' in your update folder. (Even though there has been 5 updates lol, not 25)

It's not hard to delete an installer or clear a DL history so that point is very confusing or just extremely lazy.

New Problem: Weird Monster Skin Upload. I edited a chicken skin into an evil chicken skin and uploaded it to a chicken, it came out weird. maybe a  download file for a folder with all the monster skins?  

uwvyFYn.png

As from the latest update I believe(Update 5 I noticed)

All textures in MM are in: Mine-Imator > Other > Textures

The skins that the Mobs use are all in there.

Edited by Emunator

Went back to see if Mine-imator has an update, I downloaded it and it looked the same, then I said, "What! No update!", I went onto the forums to see the name, "Mine-imator"....1.0.0, and that's how I started using the program again after 2 years.

Went back to see if Mine-imator has an update, I downloaded it and it looked the same, then I said, "What! No update!", I went onto the forums to see the name, "Mine-imator"....1.0.0, and that's how I started using the program again after 2 years.

Ummm... wrong section, the other topic is in the section underneath 1.0.0 update...

i have a question about the format of the mine-imator menu

i like the green circle for bending but other than that, the new version is harder to use

is there a way i can use the old format for the options on the side like: add-character and then click in the timeline for character 1 and select a body pert to move?

then there would also be another option under add for camera, body part, and all that other new stuff

David you need to fix that .. Js5XQ8p.pngHDV...full frames without understanding

it is of a size of 4 minecrafts

the file size all depends on what render option you choose and what quality settings

i have a question about the format of the mine-imator menu

i like the green circle for bending but other than that, the new version is harder to use

is there a way i can use the old format for the options on the side like: add-character and then click in the timeline for character 1 and select a body pert to move?

then there would also be another option under add for camera, body part, and all that other new stuff

It's not harder, it's just different give it a week or two of constant use without thinking of how bad it is and BOOM! It's as easy as counting to three