Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

very nice replication of minecraft mocements. but keep on mind, your movements are all linear and everything starts and stops moving suddenly. Its best to use ease in ease out for character movements.

also keep in mind, some movements, like crouching are instant transitions

The arm swinging movement is very good, but the legs go a bit too high during the walking animation. Also, the jumping animation used linear transitions, which wasn't very believable.

I'd recommend experimenting with the "Ease in" and "Ease out" transitions; an "Ease out" transition should be used for when Steve jumps upward, and an "Ease in" transition should be used for when he falls back down.

2 hours ago, Jake_28 said:

Also, remember the arms go sideways AND forwards/backwards at the same time using overlaps

It's not very visible, but they swing in both directions both of them ;o

3 hours ago, __Mine__ said:

The arm swinging movement is very good, but the legs go a bit too high during the walking animation. Also, the jumping animation used linear transitions, which wasn't very believable.

I'd recommend experimenting with the "Ease in" and "Ease out" transitions; an "Ease out" transition should be used for when Steve jumps upward, and an "Ease in" transition should be used for when he falls back down.

that's pretty neat, thats a transition i didn't look into. i tried to go more for the multiplayer lag-type jumping player from the camera perspective. i'll try next time

3 hours ago, MojangYang said:

very nice replication of minecraft mocements. but keep on mind, your movements are all linear and everything starts and stops moving suddenly. Its best to use ease in ease out for character movements.

also keep in mind, some movements, like crouching are instant transitions

yea all keyframes are linear, only crouching keyframes here are instant, i didn't know about the ease in and out beofre this t-t, for the looping animations i tput they first keyfranes of breathing and put then on last, then i repeated , just eliminating the first keyframes so it always loops and turns back into it's position, might be the tempo that sucks here!

4 hours ago, Jake_28 said:

It should probably be more visible then. For example:

Hide contents

PS yeah this video is mine-imator

nice one!

edit:  i love the head movements and the shadow 

Edited by Domino_3000