Going to Mine [2K]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I don't care about storyline (lack of creativity), I'm learning how to light properly and making wallpapers is my method. Youtube tutorials doesn't help me.

Give constructive criticism. Upvotes and downvotes are appreciated.

641433_i30s1.png

The only rig I used here is the character rig, credit to @Chono!.

Generally, this is where editing can lend you a hand. You can use paint.net's wand tool, copy and paste the fire particles in a new layer, and use some glow or other effects to make the torchlight glow. Also, by the context of the image alone I can't directly see that your character's about to mine. Perhaps if he was about to enter into a cave it would be more obvious.

Other than that, general criticisms apply. Remember the rule of thirds. Perhaps you could make ambient lighting more bluish-greyish. And the spoopy skeleton seems out of place; you might want to make him stand out a bit more (or maybe not put him behind a birch tree.)

13 minutes ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

Generally, this is where editing can lend you a hand. You can use paint.net's wand tool, copy and paste the fire particles in a new layer, and use some glow or other effects to make the torchlight glow. Also, by the context of the image alone I can't directly see that your character's about to mine. Perhaps if he was about to enter into a cave it would be more obvious.

The problem is I don't edit any images and I don't want to because it's hard.

14 minutes ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

Other than that, general criticisms apply. Remember the rule of thirds. Perhaps you could make ambient lighting more bluish-greyish. And the spoopy skeleton seems out of place; you might want to make him stand out a bit more (or maybe not put him behind a birch tree.)

I took your words into my mind and I'll work on that tomorrow. Thanks for feedback :)

4 minutes ago, jakubg1 said:

The problem is I don't edit any images and I don't want to because it's hard.

I took your words into my mind and I'll work on that tomorrow. Thanks for feedback :)

You should really learn how; it's only going to help. I even edited your image to show you what I could do with 5 minutes of my time in class:

Y0jmg1C.png